The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If we had the 4th overall pick.

Ichiban604

1 minute ago, elvis15 said:

Probably a good bit of the discussion would be covered in here:

multiple threads on the same topic will  always exist or be started. I kind of get this one as otherwise it would fill up the draft thread but it gets that way at times i suppose anyway

1 minute ago, Jaku said:

If the a Canucks have the 4th and Tkachuk is still available and Benning doesn't take him, there will be a riot. 

don't know about a riot. but there will be a lot of angry fans. I think Benning will pick Tkachuk if he's available at 4. and that's IF we have the fourth overall pick. I'd much rather prefer Laine. but doubt he falls to fourth. I'd be really surprised if Laine drops farther than that. unless certain teams are picking by need. like the oilers. maybe they take Chychrun higher than most scouts project. what if Matthews is taken first. and then Chychrun second? and Tkatchuk third? :o

27 minutes ago, Yotes said:

multiple threads on the same topic will  always exist or be started. I kind of get this one as otherwise it would fill up the draft thread but it gets that way at times i suppose anyway

Doesn't mean they should be. Besides, while the Canucks could drop to 4th worst, they're more likely to be in the 6-8 range or win a lottery pick and be in the top 3.

Just now, Blömqvist said:

We need Chychrun but wow one of the Finns or Tkachuck would be amazing.

Too many examples of top 5 D-men that didn't pan out.

If we're going best player available it's Tkachuk (assuming the Finns are taken)

I think we're better using our cap space on D-men and drafting elite forwards.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Tkatchuk is an excellent player, and if he's on the board I too believe JB will take him.  I just don't feel Tkatchuk will be there at four.  Therefore, I believe JB will trade down from four to 10 or 11 collecting another asset, while still getting one of the four D men who are ranked so high.  Chychrun, Juliovi, Sergachev, or Bean.

no chance in hell is anyone taking Tkachuk before Laine, Pulijarvi or Mathews.........if a GM did that, they should be fired on the spot

45 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

It would be between Tkachuk or Chychrun unless one of the Finns fell.

Both are really good prospects and both can be argued for.

chycrun isn't even the top consensus top dman in the draft is he?  Pretty much a toss up with the finn and russian

Just now, stawns said:

chycrun isn't even the top consensus top dman in the draft is he?  Pretty much a toss up with the finn and russian

Chychrun has the highest ceiling IMO. Plays with more bite as well.

Russian D Sergachev has more inconsistencies in his own end I am not a fan of personally. He isn't even ranked top 8 in any mock's I have found either so some people who work on these scouting sites must not like him enough to be top 5.

I would rather draft Tkachuk than anybody other than the top 3 or maybe Chychrun.

I find it interesting everyone is picking  Tkachuk when ISS just had Nylander rated at number 4 and Tkachuk at 5... Why is that?

Just because Tkachuk is LW whereas Nylander is RW? Or does everyone just like Tkachuk better?

Also noticed Tkachuk captained Team Orr (Benning seems to like drafting captains)

edit:sp

3 minutes ago, KyleCanuck250 said:

I find it interesting everyone is picking  Tkachuk when ISS just had Nylander rated at number 4 and Tkachuk at 5... Why is that?

Just because Tkachuk is LW whereas Nylander is RW? Or does everyone just like Tkachuk better?

Also noticed Tkachuk captained Team Orr (Benning seems to like drafting captains)

edit:sp

MH and HP.com have Alex at 8. FC at 6 http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=212641

ISS and FC have Tkachuk at 5, HP.com have him at 4 and MH at 6. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=233030

Tkachuk is a complete player. He has all the qualities you want in a winger.

Both Alex and Matthew have something in common which is family lineage.

Both are good prospects but Tkachuk looks like the type of player you can win with in the post season and that can bring a presence that can make a difference in a playoff series.

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

so your saying tkachuk will drop? wow. that'd be a steal for anyone drafting 5-8 then. 

Dubois is on fire. I could see him at #4. Chycrun, Juolevi, Sergachev could be picked anytime before Tkachuk if a team needs D-men. Then there's guys like McLeod and Nylander who could very well be chosen as riskier options. At the end of the day, I don't think a team will be unhappy with a Tkachuk pick, but I could definitely see him drop.

Archived