The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jared McCann, 2nd-round pick, 4th-round pick to Panthers for Erik Gudbranson, 5th-round pick

I love McCann and the second hurts, but we got a young top 4 (potentially top 2) right handed, crease clearing defenseman, exactly what we need.

I find it comical that everyone bashed the Canucks all year for having a weak defence, but when Benning fixes it he's an idiot.

I like the deal Gudbransen is a good player, it'll be fun to see hime rock Johnny Gaudreau for a few years.

Hahaha oh man i don't even know what to say. I'm speechless. There's literally no way for me to put into words how much i hate this trade. It's 3 AM in Sweden and i just wanna scream out loud.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

The problem is he's going this direction on EVERY trade.  For a guy who comes from a scouting background, he sure as hell seems terrified of using his own picks. 

Now we only have one center who has the potential to play in the top 6.  This is not good.

Yeah you're not overreacting... At all...

9 minutes ago, Rex425 said:

Both teams fans hate this trade.

I don't like it either, let's see how it works...

this is what happens when you try to rebuild and stay competitive, you give up future excellent assets for tweeners like sutter and gubranson.

I don't get why florida does this, R shot d are hard to come by. Florida does not need to get younger, they need well a guy like Gubranson - a right shot d man who can play 20 min a night and is tough. florida is not tough and why would they not target a player of similar age???

I do not like JB trading the 2nd bc that d man could be Johansen or Lindgren who IMO have top pairing potential. Gubranson is a tough really big, young right shot d man that will play in our no 4 spot beside hutton

Just now, The Weasel said:

Don't forget the beast Tryamkin. :D

Tryamkin on one pairing, and Gudbranson on another.. this d corps is looking tough for once. 

Edler - Tanev

Gudbranson - Sbisa

Hutton - Tyamkin

Still hope Hammer comes back.  

3 minutes ago, shiznak said:

When this team needs a rebuild and restock our prospect pool, I'll gladly take that 5-10%.

Gudbranson brings nothing than what we already have on our current defensive core.

Come back in a week when you have a calm mind because Gudbranson  bkrings physicality to our defense and also HE'S RIGHT HANDED!

I agree with the concept that the Dman we took at 33 was likely not going to be as good as Gudbranson. Or even useful for the next 3 years likely. Plus adding Gudbranson really solidifies the D. Having the locked in top RHD of Tanev and Gudbranson is huge.

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Gudbranson

Tryamkin-Sbisa/Larsen/Pedan 

Noooo not the 2nd rounder. Why do we Always dump the 2nd rounders?? We need Gudbranson but losing McCann this early hurts.

what team are we? Bubble playoff team or tank or mediocre?

Benning for whatever reason keeps dumping picks. Can we please offload players for picks for once?

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The problem is he's going this direction on EVERY trade.  For a guy who comes from a scouting background, he sure as hell seems terrified of using his own picks. 

Now we only have one center who has the potential to play in the top 6.  This is not good.

you are seriously awful.......like god awful

Archived