The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

NHL.com lists Horvat as 6-0 206

Which still isn't really "smaller" if it's even correct. They're pretty much the same size.

And this from a Province :sick: article this morning:

The Vancouver Canucks could use Bo Horvat crowding NHL creases soon. He a solid 6-foot-1, 216-pound centre and he’s only 19.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/Ewen+Vancouver+Canucks+some+time+with+Horvat/10305756/story.html

Edited by J.R.

NHL.com lists Horvat as 6-0 206

Bo said he was playing at over 220 Lbs. last spring and was told by management to lose a few pounds.

He got ripped in the process, unfortunately guys like Pitlick take it as a challenge to knock him down and go looking for it.

There is no way Pitlick wins a one on one battle with Horvat, without taking a blindside run that was barely legal.

Bo said he was playing at over 220 Lbs. last spring and was told by management to lose a few pounds.

He got ripped in the process, unfortunately guys like Pitlick take it as a challenge to knock him down and go looking for it.

There is no way Pitlick wins a one on one battle with Horvat, without taking a blindside run that was barely legal.

hahahahahahaha, wow the homerism is strong in this one

• Upvote 3

LOL.

This is McCann's draft +1 year and coming off mono. Relax.

And Bo still has a shot at making the NHL whereas Cassels doesn't and Gaunce has been sent down. They made progress but haven't leaped over Bo on the depth chart. Maybe McCann, depending on where you had him.

In a picture from training camp with Subban, Demko, Fox, Horvat, McCann, Cassel, etc. Horvat looks the same height as Fox who's listed à 6'0'' and smaller than McCann who's also listed at 6'0''.

In some pictures he barely looks taller than Shinkaruk. Highly doubt Horvat is more than 6'0''. Considering most of these stats are usually a bit inflated i'd say he's rounded up at 6'0'', but is a tad smaller.

I know pictures doesn't tell the whole story, but just by looking at them on the ice, you can easily tell Gaunce is much more taller than Horvat, and if they only have 1" difference between them you couldn't tell. When Gaunce is on the ice, you can tell he's one of the tallest, while when Horvat's there if anyhting he looks smaller.

http://2.cdn.nhle.com/canucks/images/upload/gallery/2014/07/July1114_gallery38_slide.jpg

Edited by timberz21

I'm really happy for the good start he's had but hope he gets some time at centre soon. He could crack our bottom 6 this year if he's decent in the dot. Still, it's good to have two good LW in the minors in him and Shinkaruk, with all the RW depth we have right now. If Horvat is sent back to junior eventually there's a small chance we see him on the big club this year as a call-up in a bottom-6 role.

Cassels and Gaunce have made huge leaps ahead on the depth chart because of their quick starts this season, leaving McCann and Horvat in their wake.

Nothing wrong with McCann's start: the guy is looking way more dangerous offensively this year and has the numbers to back it up. The universe is unfolding as it should, and we are going to have some good problems finding room for all these guys in a few years.

Cassels and Gaunce have made huge leaps ahead on the depth chart because of their quick starts this season, leaving McCann and Horvat in their wake.

McCann is on pace for 18 points in 12 games. Pretty close to Cassels' 20 in 11. McCann also has just as many goals as Cassels in almost half the games played. Horvat is injured, so I don't know how you could judge his development.

Kind of an odd comment.

That was a good clean hit. Nothing dirty at all about it, good hockey play.

• Upvote 1

I don't see where you are getting this idea. McCann is looking very good so far and is coming off a long bout of mono. Horvat has been injured, so hasn't had much of an opportunity to play yet. Both these players have higher projections than Gaunce or Cassels.

That said, I do believe that Gaunce is very underrated by fans and Cassels is playing very well right now.

Edited by higgyfan

I don't see where you are getting this idea. McCann is looking very good so far and is coming off a long bout of mono. Horvat has been injured, so hasn't had much of an opportunity to play yet. Both these players have higher projections than Gaunce or Cassels.

That said, I do believe that Gaunce is very underrated by fans and Cassels is playing very well right now.

All those guys plus Shinkaruk and Virtanen could be our top 6 in 2 or 3 years.

After the Sedins win a cup or 2 for us.

Shinkaruk / McCann / Virtanen

Gaunce / Horvat / Cassels

Cassels or McCann for 1st line center.

2nd line is a killer shutdown line and should produce lots of points.

That leaves the Sedins on the 3rd line for a year or retired if it takes 3 years for that to happen.

In a picture from training camp with Subban, Demko, Fox, Horvat, McCann, Cassel, etc. Horvat looks the same height as Fox who's listed à 6'0'' and smaller than McCann who's also listed at 6'0''.

In some pictures he barely looks taller than Shinkaruk. Highly doubt Horvat is more than 6'0''. Considering most of these stats are usually a bit inflated i'd say he's rounded up at 6'0'', but is a tad smaller.

I know pictures doesn't tell the whole story, but just by looking at them on the ice, you can easily tell Gaunce is much more taller than Horvat, and if they only have 1" difference between them you couldn't tell. When Gaunce is on the ice, you can tell he's one of the tallest, while when Horvat's there if anyhting he looks smaller.

http://2.cdn.nhle.com/canucks/images/upload/gallery/2014/07/July1114_gallery38_slide.jpg

Horvat is leaning forward a bit in that picture. In a picture beside Cassels Horvat looked about half an inch shorter than him. They were both standing straight as well. I'm too lazy to find the pic right now though.