The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Honestly, some people are too hard on Horvat.

He plays a smart game and does all the little things right.

I think for a player like him who plays such a structured game, games like these are difficult for him to play in. The players looked scrambly and disorganized for the most part. Which should be expected considering most of the guys have never played together and haven`t played in a few months.

I expect a better showing when preseason starts.

thanks for rearranging jim benning's words and presenting them as your own original opinion.

• Upvote 4

Except I said them before he even did genius. ;)

It`s just common sense. Something you have shown to have very little of.

my mistake. consider my smarmy comment replaced with kudos for pre-echoing the gm's views with eerily similar word choice.

edit: i had actually intended on double checking when you made that post to make sure before i submitted mine but forgot to and just kinda said "oh well, let's roll with it."

Edited by tas

Sir Das;

You might want to take your own advise and "get over yourself". If you can't see that he is better at just about everything then Hansen and as good as Richardson at FO's then your eyes are almost shut, sort of squinting sideways while telling yourself "that wasn't a good play".

If he goes back to Junior he will be the anchor of team Canada and it's best player, he may not lead the scoring race but he will lead.

No, he's not better than Hansen or Richardson. he's a kid, let him be a kid. Going back to junior may seem lie a step back, but it's a step most players make. If he earns his roster spot, I'd be thrilled, but if he doesn't, it means nothing other than he's not ready yet.

Big Deal.

• Upvote 1

Sir Das;

You might want to take your own advise and "get over yourself". If you can't see that he is better at just about everything then Hansen and as good as Richardson at FO's then your eyes are almost shut, sort of squinting sideways while telling yourself "that wasn't a good play".

If he goes back to Junior he will be the anchor of team Canada and it's best player, he may not lead the scoring race but he will lead.

lol? What exactly did he lead last year in his playoffs and WJC? Horvat was pretty much invisible in both (sadly).

I think he concentrated more on defensive play because our d-corp couldnt make a pass to save their life...

wait till main camp and see how he looks with vets among the kids(esp the blueline)

then we will have a good idea where he sits.

will be tough to make a good bottom six............

having said that he played the NHl game right ...even though he was in a wild and sloppy prospect tourny

No need to put him on the team this year. I'd like to see him play 9 games just for the experience but he should go back to junior. Vey deserves a shot over Horvat at this point. Horvat can captain the WJC team and try for a memorial cup all while working on his offense.

Why not have both if they both deserve it?

Like Benning said, he'll make room for the younger players if they prove they're ready.

• Upvote 1

I liked Horvat's game, he made a couple mistakes but otherwise he made smart plays offensively and got a goal by being in the right spot. If he can make more moves like the toe-drag in the 3rd that will help his chances to make the team but he needs to be more dangerous offensively.

Horvat is physically ready. He was surprisingly fast on a play I saw him chase a defender down on a dump in. I think his top speed once he gets going is not an issue, but his first couple strides to get going is a bit slow. Still didn't get caught out of position much if at all though, so that's good. Brent Burns schooled him on that one play on the PP :lol: welcome to the NHL, kid.

That's one preseason game though. He'll need to play at least as well as he did last night (without the goal - not saying he needs to score every night) to be considered for opening night.