-Vintage Canuck-

Archibald over Gaunce?

To sit in the press box? Absolutely.

D Sedin - H Sedin - Vrbata

Higgins - Bonino - Hansen

Matthias - Richardson - Kassian

Dorsett - Horvat - Vey

Archibald

But WD said that Sestito should be okay so maybe no forward will be called up.

May depend on the expected length of time, but going by how the new management has been treating its players, bringing those in that have produced (earned it) seems more likely. In the case of a young player, even if for a few days whether thay play or not it would be given as recognition of what they've done. Just being around the big club has definite benefit for them.

Having him center the fourth line would free up Vey to play on the second line.

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Higgins Bonino Vey

Matthias Richardson Kassian

Dorsett Horvat Hansen

Both Dorsett and Hansen play a pretty simple game, so it would be a good position for him to start at.

That's what I hope to see but WD seems reluctant to put younger guys on that second line. I'd love to see Vey put in an offensive position. We've seen on the PP what he can do with better players and frankly that second line could use his speed (and shot).

May depend on the expected length of time, but going by how the new management has been treating its players, bringing those in that have produced (earned it) seems more likely. In the case of a young player, even if for a few days whether thay play or not it would be given as recognition of what they've done. Just being around the big club has definite benefit for them.

Pretty absurd to say after his first 10 AHL games that a player has earned it. At this point in his first season as a pro, it is far more beneficial for Gaunce to be playing and playing lots so that he continues to learn and develop rather than sit in a press box. Gaunce needs to play games period and there's zero benefits of calling him up if we don't intend to play him.

Burrows will be back for the California trip, no need for an extra forward.

When he is back, I hope the lineup is:

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Higgins Bonino Burrows

Matthias Richardson Kassian

Vey Horvat Hansen

A forth line that can contribute!

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=82715

1G3A4P in 12 games isn't a contrtibuting 4th liner? Our 4th line already contributes pretty well - we have to hope Bo can keep up with that.

I'm not surprised that you think Kassian can skate like Matthias, given your display name.

Last night was the 3rd game in a row where Shawn's been buzzing. Dorsett's been excellent. Hansen has 3 goals. Vey's offense is necessary. Richardson's our shutdown center and is producing right now.

Literally everyone is playing well. Luckily for Bo, with the Burrows suspension, he has 2 games to knock somebody off their roster spot. Any one of Matthias, Dorsett or Hansen having a bad game means Bo lives to see another day. But if it's Bo having the bad game, hard to justify keeping him in since he doesn't give us the best chance to win.

My display has nothing to do with it, Kassian isn't one of my favorite players, it was just a name I came up with right after the trade since my old name was really crappy.

Matthias has been playing well, I've thought all along he could be a useful player even earlier in the year when everyone was jumping all over him for a slow start. Kassian is a pretty fast skater though, he's had his bad games but that doesn't mean he isn't a fast skater.

Your really continuing to miss my point here, I'm not disagree with anything your saying about Hansen, Dorsett, Vey, Richardson, exc.

My point is to wait & see what Bo can do at the NHL level instead of predetermining what he can and can't do.

My display has nothing to do with it, Kassian isn't one of my favorite players, it was just a name I came up with right after the trade since my old name was really crappy.

Matthias has been playing well, I've thought all along he could be a useful player even earlier in the year when everyone was jumping all over him for a slow start. Kassian is a pretty fast skater though, he's had his bad games but that doesn't mean he isn't a fast skater.

Your really continuing to miss my point here, I'm not disagree with anything your saying about Hansen, Dorsett, Vey, Richardson, exc.

My point is to wait & see what Bo can do at the NHL level instead of predetermining what he can and can't do.

I don't get why you think I've determined what Bo can or can't do in the NHL before he's even played a game. I'm excited to see what he can do at the NHL level vs COL next Tuesday to see where he's at.

I only stated that we know what the others can do and what they bring to the table and that if Bo is to make this team, he needs to distinguish himself and carve out a need for his service just as the veterans and Vey have.

I did say that he can't do it as a defensive shutdown center because he's not beating Richardson out at this stage of his career - and I stand by that. Bo can't just be defensively sound to make this team like a lot of people think he can. That's the bare minimum he has to bring - Bo needs to do something more (faceoffs, PK, contribute offensively, heavy on the forecheck, etc) to stick around.

Edited by Dasein

Speculations among fans will be even worse after he actually plays because perception is subjective and people will judge Bo's performance differently. Since they can all say that their opinion is based on seeing him play, it's going to get even uglier.

Speculations among fans will be even worse after he actually plays because perception is subjective and people will judge Bo's performance differently. Since they can all say that their opinion is based on seeing him play, it's going to get even uglier.

did you just speculate that the speculation will increase?

- Bo needs to do something more (faceoffs, PK, contribute offensively, heavy on the forecheck, etc) to stick around.

I agree, and I think F.O % would be his ticket.

But realistically, I don't believe he's making this team past 9 games unless he pulls off a miracle and they are ready to unload Matthias.

Wow I don't know man. I mean, I've never seen them skating together (I don't think), but I'm pretty sure Bo's faster. Tom can skate for a guy his size but Bo is not that slow. I think his skating is okay for the NHL.

I agree, and I think F.O % would be his ticket.

But realistically, I don't believe he's making this team past 9 games unless he pulls off a miracle and they are ready to unload Matthias.

I just hope we don't toy with him like Buffalo did with Grigorenko.

For me there is only 2 options

1) He stays with the Canucks the whole season, no WJC (no loan).

2) He stays for 9 or less games then London and WJC for the rest of the season.

I don't want the third option, where people suggested that he sticks around until WJC camp, by behing in and out of the line-up and a decision of wheter he stays or not is made only after WJC. In theory it might sound good from a hockey experience perspective, but mentally/confidence wise, that is not good for his development.

I don't get why you think I've determined what Bo can or can't do in the NHL before he's even played a game. I'm excited to see what he can do at the NHL level vs COL next Tuesday to see where he's at.

I only stated that we know what the others can do and what they bring to the table and that if Bo is to make this team, he needs to distinguish himself and carve out a need for his service just as the veterans and Vey have.

I did say that he can't do it as a defensive shutdown center because he's not beating Richardson out at this stage of his career - and I stand by that. Bo can't just be defensively sound to make this team like a lot of people think he can. That's the bare minimum he has to bring - Bo needs to do something more (faceoffs, PK, contribute offensively, heavy on the forecheck, etc) to stick around.

Bo just has to play his game, which is more than just being defensively strong obviously.

I think the discussion between us has run its course. I'm excited to see what he could do.

I will say though, I think the one thing he brings that perhaps some of our other options at that position don't bring is an opportunity to improve.

Vey could improve, but as far as Matthias & Richardson go, what those guys can bring is what they can bring, Horvat could grow alot over the year like say Couturier did in his first year, you never know right, so that's the upside to having him up here.

Though I do think he is capable of legitimately helping us win right now, we will just have to see though.

did you just speculate that the speculation will increase?

The speculation is running rampant, Lol.

We just need to see him Debut already!

I don't think he is faster than Sestito, I think he is actually slower.

Your really underrating Horvat's speed, its much improved.

Its not even an issue anymore IMO.