The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Well there you go Dasien its going to be a tough road trip with 6 in 9 so all hands on deck, that is the reason they will bring up Bo because someone is going to gey dinged up. This is the perfect stretch of games for Benning and WD to get a good look at Bo to make their decision to keep him or send him back to junior.

Yeah with Burrows suspended until the SJS game and Bo coming up on Sunday, I think we might see him slotted in against COL on Tuesday (3rd game of the Burr suspension) since it would be either him or Sestito.

Might be best to get in against a young team rather than a veteran Cali team, but also might be a bad matchup as he might get burned by COL's speed. That being said, at least he's faster than Sestito.

Excited to see Bo finally make his NHL debut though so we can get a sense of where he's at.

Edited by Dasein

This is the greatest fallacy out there regarding young players: "They will play better if they are surrounded by more talented players." Well, DUH. Take any player in the world and put them next to Tanner Glass one night and Sidney Crosby the next - obviously any player would look better playing with better players.

Good players look good regardless of who their linemates are. Look at what Drouin did in the AHL without NHL-calibre players and look how he's doing in the NHL with NHL-calibre players: there's not much difference because he makes things happen and doesn't need to be carried. He didn't even complete his conditioning stint.

Arguing that a younger player will play better with better linemates is not only stating the obvious, it's claiming that they are weak and not ready to take on the full responsibility AKA be sheltered by veterans.

Bo should be able to play his game regardless of who his linemates are.

So my statement is a fallacy yet you agree with it? Interesting.... We're going to see what Horvat brings to the table in the next couple of games unless Sestito sets the world on fire. If Horvat had buried those chances he had with the Comets we wouldn't be questioning him at all, but for whatever reason he was gripping the stick too hard or his eyes got too big or whatever and now people are questioning his every move. I can't wait to see what he brings to the table with the big club. I guess the Burrows suspension is a blessing. Nobody got hurt and Horvat gets to play in the NHL. We really don't know what's going on in Bo's mind when he takes to the ice with Utica. Is he trying not to make any mistakes and therefore not showing enough offensive prowess? Is he sure enough that he's going to get a shot with the Canucks this year and playing safe so that he's not going to risk injuring himself again in Utica? Questions that we'll find the answers to soon enough. Good luck Bo.

I agree with everything you said and let me add. To the Canuck's fans that are concerned that Bo Horvat has zero points after four games in Utica. He hasn't been getting top line minutes and I expected that would be the plan all along. He is coming off an injury and is down here on a conditioning assignment. I thought they would "ease him back in" with third or fourth line minutes and that is exactly what they are doing.

He hasn't looked one bit out of place and has made several subtle little plays that will never show up on the score sheet. He missed two wide open nets that maybe were due to "gripping the stick too tight" or just some rust that he needs to kick off. But if those two go in suddenly he has two goals in four games and everyone is talking differently about him.

The only negative thing that I can say about him so far is he seems to be losing a lot more faceoffs than he is winning which has been a surprise after reading that was one of his strengths.

Of his four games I have seen three in person and the other on a stream. I am just a fan and don't proclaim to be an evaluator of hockey talent but he looks fine to me for a 19 year old kid coming off an injury.

make that man a mod!

So my statement is a fallacy yet you agree with it? Interesting.... We're going to see what Horvat brings to the table in the next couple of games unless Sestito sets the world on fire. If Horvat had buried those chances he had with the Comets we wouldn't be questioning him at all, but for whatever reason he was gripping the stick too hard or his eyes got too big or whatever and now people are questioning his every move. I can't wait to see what he brings to the table with the big club. I guess the Burrows suspension is a blessing. Nobody got hurt and Horvat gets to play in the NHL. We really don't know what's going on in Bo's mind when he takes to the ice with Utica. Is he trying not to make any mistakes and therefore not showing enough offensive prowess? Is he sure enough that he's going to get a shot with the Canucks this year and playing safe so that he's not going to risk injuring himself again in Utica? Questions that we'll find the answers to soon enough. Good luck Bo.

What the hell are you guys arguing about

• Upvote 1

If Horvat wants to stick on the Canucks he will have to prove first and foremost that he can play good defensively and keep up to NHL speed.

Also it is imperative that he be good in the faceoff circle. Near 50 percent would be good as a rookie.

He certainly has man strength so maybe his issue is just over thinking and maybe tweaking his faceoff technique a little bit if necessary.

If he does play against Colorado do you throw him in on left wing in Sesito's spot? Or do you let him play his natural center position and let him sink or swim?

He could make his debut against Colorado. Would be a good test of his skating to see if he is IQ and skating is advanced enough to keep up with the pace with Burrows suspended till Thursday.

Lines vs Colorado in the potential Horvat NHL debut on Tuesday...

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Higgins-Bonino-Hansen

Richardson-Horvat-Kassian

Matthias-Vey-Dorsett

Sestito

If he progresses well...

Potential lines with Burrows back to get his 9 game look. Probably best to let Horvat get some good minutes early on in a variety of situations and then maybe shelter him some in the California games if he has some struggles or depending on the match up.

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Higgins-Bonino-Burrows

Richardson-Horvat-Kassian

Dorsett-Vey-Hansen

Sestito,Matthias

Edited by Chip Kelly

I think he's gotta be in tonight. Why else would they leave him out of Utica's game yesterday. It also doesn;t make sense to let him sit till tuesday before his next game. That's 3 full days without a game.

Yeah, don't see why the Canucks would want him to miss a game only to watch from the pressbox.

But you never know. Sestito was pretty good last night, with the exception of that hit he missed :)

Maybe it wasn't the Canucks' decision but Green's?

Anyway, if they wanted to play him tonight, why wouldn't they have flown him in yesterday so he's rested and a little more adjusted to the time difference? Not sure if it's best to throw Bo in against a hot Predators team with no practices just after flying him in the day of.

But then again, maybe they will. I have no clue haha.

Anyway, if they wanted to play him tonight, why wouldn't they have flown him in yesterday so he's rested and a little more adjusted to the time difference? Not sure if it's best to throw Bo in against a hot Predators team with no practices just after flying him in the day of.

maybe they did fly him in yesterday without telling us. It bugs me to hell not knowing the motions with this team but in reality they dont have to tell us shit.

He skated this morning so he probably got here yesterday.

Having him center the fourth line would free up Vey to play on the second line.

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Higgins Bonino Vey

Matthias Richardson Kassian

Dorsett Horvat Hansen

Both Dorsett and Hansen play a pretty simple game, so it would be a good position for him to start at.