The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Erik Gudbranson | #44 | D

-SN-

43 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

The only ones I find decent commentary from are Cory Hergott and Jannik Beichler and Vanessa Jang.

I agree. They are right on the money. The turd brigade in Burke and his cronies are far too elitist and negative on players to listen to. They're garbage and they probably realize it. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I agree. They are right on the money. The turd brigade in Burke and his cronies are far too elitist and negative on players to listen to. They're garbage and they probably realize it. 

Pretty much anyone who says x player's value is negligible is clearly more fan than hockey knowledge. If you want me to believe you know nothing about hockey, then that's quite possibly the quickest way to do that. lol

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, tas said:

the one good thing I'll say about CanucksArmy is at least it's not TheCanuckWay.

The Canuck Way is just a less analytical and polished site of the exact same breed as Canucks Army. Both offer derision of the players and management. Both have whiny, entitled bloggers drafting $&!#ty articles. Birds of a feather. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The Canuck Way is just a less analytical and polished site of the exact same breed as Canucks Army. Both offer derision of the players and management. Both have whiny, entitled bloggers drafting $&!#ty articles. Birds of a feather. 

I’m not familiar with either.  Are they like those Canuck’s fans (so called fans) on HF Boards?  

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

yeah, they're both unreadable garbage. canuck way has a standard writing level of a 7th grade essay, though. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’m not familiar with either.  Are they like those Canuck’s fans (so called fans) on HF Boards?  

They're blogs written predominantly by people in the local analytics community who cherry pick statistics solely to prove their point. They regularly rag on and cast dispersions on players that they see not fitting the supposed mold of the NHL going forward. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/29/2018 at 2:38 PM, Bure_Pavel said:

Hopefully we see a healthy Gudbranson this year, I think there will be a big difference. Hopefully doesnt have to play with Hutton either. 

I feel you. Health will be huge and another defensive partner would be great. I think Quinn would be a good D partner but he won't be here this season as we all know.

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

I feel you. Health will be huge and another defensive partner would be great. I think Quinn would be a good D partner but he won't be here this season as we all know.

I wouldn't.  Guds looked good when paired up with a steady veteran player like Edler (who's is still a legitimate 2nd pairing guy).  I wouldn't want him to mentor a rookie - not yet anyways.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Sergei Shirokov said:

Here is an example of canucks army casting away a player and ended up retracting it later on:

https://canucksarmy.com/2017/03/04/canucks-throw-away-contract-on-chl-free-agent-zack-macewen/

Haha...wow. That jeremy davis (canucksmarmy) is a real genius.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Haha 2

On September 1, 2018 at 11:30 AM, PhillipBlunt said:

I can see Gudbranson paired with Edler again. That was a solid, responsible, and imposing pairing. 

i agree. I hope Juolevi makes the team and is paired with a defensively solid player like Tanev. Leaving Stetcher and Hutton on the bottom pairing

Edler Gudbranson

Juolevi Tanev 

Hutton Stetcher 

• Upvote 1