The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Christopher Tanev | #8 | D

-SN-

29 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Are you some kinda schill for the company that makes them or something?

They are just gloves lmao.

I was starting to think this as well! He’s been promoting certain types of vintage gloves for like all the players, even ex players I believe. Haha

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Topcheeze86 said:

I think tanev has been rejuvinated since playing with quinn tanec has always been more than just a stay at home D and were seeing it this year with all the D jumping in the play both him and eagle probably love this new system of getting involved  

Could be coaching aswell. Overall, the dmen are putting up more points than the last few years.

That said, having players who can jump into the rush, Myers stretcher and Hughes is probably rubbing off on the others

On 10/16/2019 at 3:32 PM, Topcheeze86 said:

I think tanev has been rejuvinated since playing with quinn tanec has always been more than just a stay at home D and were seeing it this year with all the D jumping in the play both him and eagle probably love this new system of getting involved  

It has helped having a partner who always makes himself available for a pass and can skate the puck out of the zone.  In past Tanev used to hold the puck longer because he would hesitate making a decision of what to do with the puck - now he knows give it to QH.  

The forecheckers in the past didn't have to respect what QH can do if they get caught deep therefore they weren't afraid to get caught deep in the Cancucks zone and were more aggressive.  I have noticed Tanev is taking way less hellatious hits because of it and is actually able to be more creative and may actually stay healthy. 

They make a good pairing. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

would be a great time to sell high on Tanev :bigblush:

It would be but I doubt that is happening. A healthy Tanev is a solid piece in any top 4. It works until he gets injured and then the limbo resumes. The d-core has been playing well and Big Bird has taken a lot of pressure off Tanev. Sadly I think Stecher is more likely to go. He can be replaced from Utica or by Tryamkin if he returns.  

• Upvote 3

Tanev has been solid as hell this year and is rocking it with Hughes. I was a fan of trying to trade Tanev the last couple years at the deadline.

But if the Canucks are even close to sniffing playoffs this year they won't try it....just won't happen. Tanev will be needed on the back end.  I love the guy.....low key....no ego....hard worker...sacrifices everything for his team.

• Upvote 4

On 10/24/2019 at 2:49 AM, Kanukfanatic said:

Tanev has been solid as hell this year and is rocking it with Hughes. I was a fan of trying to trade Tanev the last couple years at the deadline.

But if the Canucks are even close to sniffing playoffs this year they won't try it....just won't happen. Tanev will be needed on the back end.  I love the guy.....low key....no ego....hard worker...sacrifices everything for his team.

My assumption was that Tanev will be traded to recoup a 1st rounder in 2020. But with him being such a perfect partner to Hughes, I think we should re-sign Tanev, maybe on a 2 or 3 year contract.

I think JB's plan may have been to trade Tanev before the TDL, sign Barrie in the off season to fill the vacancy in the top 4. But if the team is in the playoffs race, it's going to be nearly impossible to trade Tanev. Besides, now we know how good Quinn is, we might not need Barrie, who will undoubtedly cost at least 7 million dollars.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, khay said:

My assumption was that Tanev will be traded to recoup a 1st rounder in 2020. But with him being such a perfect partner to Hughes, I think we should re-sign Tanev, maybe on a 2 or 3 year contract.

I think JB's plan may have been to trade Tanev before the TDL, sign Barrie in the off season to fill the vacancy in the top 4. But if the team is in the playoffs race, it's going to be nearly impossible to trade Tanev. Besides, now we know how good Quinn is, we might not need Barrie, who will undoubtedly cost at least 7 million dollars.

I disagree. Anyone that makes the playoffs can win these days. If we sneak in we need tanev back there to strengthen our chances. Im not afraid of any team in the west. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

I disagree. Anyone that makes the playoffs can win these days. If we sneak in we need tanev back there to strengthen our chances. Im not afraid of any team in the west. 

I agree with you. It will be nearly impossible to trade Tanev if we are firmly in the playoff race. I think almost any team in Pacific division is beatable, of course, we haven't played against the Golden Knights yet.

We could be the surprise team like Hurricanes last season or much like the Hawks in 2009.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, khay said:

If Tryamkin returns, Juolevi can stay healthy and progresses as expected/hoped, Rafferty and Brisebois continue to push...never mind both Rathbone and Woo likely turning pro next year...there's almost zero chance we go in to next season with both Tanev AND Stecher still on the roster.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, aGENT said:

If Tryamkin returns, Juolevi can stay healthy and progresses as expected/hoped, Rafferty and Brisebois continue to push...never mind both Rathbone and Woo likely turning pro next year...there's almost zero chance we go in to next season with both Tanev AND Stecher still on the roster.

Of those guys, I think only Juolevi has a good chance at making the bigs as a regular next year. Even then, I don't think he could come even remotely close to as good as Tanev by next year. Moving out Tanev for any of those guys is a big downgrade.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Of those guys, I think only Juolevi has a good chance at making the bigs as a regular next year. Even then, I don't think he could come even remotely close to as good as Tanev by next year. Moving out Tanev for any of those guys is a big downgrade.

By next year? Likely not. But that's kind of beside the point as we may not have a choice. He's not under contract beyond this season.

That said, if he's not back, Stecher almost certainly is.

• 2 weeks later...