The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pedan on McCann: "The only guy in Canucks I couldn't get along with"

Odd.

I posted this in the Andrey Pedan thread:

– Ой, ну все идеально. Есть те, с кем у вас не сложилось?

– С Джаредом Макканном, его потом обменяли во "Флориду". Иногда так себя вел, будто он тут один звезда, а рядом с ним никого нет. Но это было нечасто.

This is my version of translation:

Q: Umm everything seems to be perfect. Were there some people you did not get well along with?

A: With Jared McCann, he was traded to Florida afterwards. Sometimes he behaved like he was the only star here and nobody was on the same level (direct translation: ... and nobody was around him). But this did not happen often.

The kids got high end talent, is gritty, a pretty decent two way center and should have stayed in junior last year. He's got a lot to prove, scored some pretty goals against very hot goaltenders in his first 9 games and just showed that when he wants to play well, he can. He's got some serious potential that, if tapped correctly, will easily make him one of the best two-way centers in the NHL in the future. Put some muscle on and he'll be a Bergeron/Krejci type player easily.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 3:51 PM, Odd. said:

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2016/05/canucks-pedan-mccann-comments/

I guess this talk has begun since the famous "It is what it is" line at the draft from McCann. There could be more to this trade then we originally thought. Good thing were getting a character guy back, who happens to be very good at defending as well. Comes to me as a bit of surprise, I thought McCann was one of those character guys. Looks like he was a bit of an @$$

At twenty years of age I didn't know how to treat a girlfriend properly or how to complete an essay on time for university... or hold a job, come to think of it.  Maybe we are a bit too hard on these guys.  So many athletes are so well prepared now at a young age that is easy to forget that they are still almost children.  On the other hand, don't the Bo Horvats and Brock Boesers look impressive?

11 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

my inside sources tell me that pedan has heat with mccann over an illegal move mccann made in twister. they havent talked since

Don't know why he was so upset. It was his choice to play naked 

• 2 weeks later...
On June 10, 2016 at 9:33 PM, snucks said:

I wouldn't be surprised if McCann couldn't stand WD and his Vey. I think there is plenty not said about WD and think he stifles young guys and some veterans. I don't think he is a good coach.

What special treatment did Vey get besides the bs that gets spewed on cdc? He was a 4th line player by default his first year here, started out fairly hot as a power play experiment that fizzled out, however no one else seemed to work out either.

Last year he started in the AHL cause he had an awful training camp/pre season. Earned his way back on the lineup playing solid responsible hockey in the AHL. Was called up after injury trouble late in the season and played really well when called up. 

Not to mention dealing with the family crap he's had to deal with.

I fail to see how being a roster player by default then followed up by having to work his ass off to make it back on the roster at the end of a non playoff season is special treatment...

On ‎2016‎-‎06‎-‎10 at 9:33 PM, snucks said:

I wouldn't be surprised if McCann couldn't stand WD and his Vey. I think there is plenty not said about WD and think he stifles young guys and some veterans. I don't think he is a good coach.

So you don't like the coach so what. The GM determines who is on the roster.You judge the coach by his success by using an achievable yard stick McCann slipped in the draft because of his attitude, he wasn't chosen for the WJC because of his attitude ....looks to me like insiders new some thing the average fan wasn't aware of. Strange Pedan would single out one repeat one player.

say what you will about bennings trades,i wasn't huge on a couple of them myself.i really like the gudbranson trade.when you look at his first year drafting here,you have 5 nhl blocks out of it already.virtanen,tryamkin and demko are all great prospects and he flipped mccann and forsling for hl ready players.stewart is already signed and petit has been a face-off whizz for erie.if he signs him aswel that would be 7 out of 7,pretty good draft.last years later picks are too early to tell but it looks like he hit a home run with brock boeser.who's your daddy??????JB is  

7 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

What special treatment did Vey get besides the bs that gets spewed on cdc? He was a 4th line player by default his first year here, started out fairly hot as a power play experiment that fizzled out, however no one else seemed to work out either.

Last year he started in the AHL cause he had an awful training camp/pre season. Earned his way back on the lineup playing solid responsible hockey in the AHL. Was called up after injury trouble late in the season and played really well when called up. 

Not to mention dealing with the family crap he's had to deal with.

I fail to see how being a roster player by default then followed up by having to work his ass off to make it back on the roster at the end of a non playoff season is special treatment...

I guess you forgot the bit about when Vey did get back, Sedin & Horvat's minutes both got cut so Vey could play 19+. I don't mind Vey but there has been VERY obvious favouritism with him.

On 6/10/2016 at 9:33 PM, snucks said:

I wouldn't be surprised if McCann didn't think any of the things which in your opinion are true. :)

regards,  G.

1 hour ago, Boddy604 said:

I guess you forgot the bit about when Vey did get back, Sedin & Horvat's minutes both got cut so Vey could play 19+. I don't mind Vey but there has been VERY obvious favouritism with him.

No it was explained ad-nauseum on here many times but the WD and Vey haters failed to listen. 

13 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

No it was explained ad-nauseum on here many times but the WD and Vey haters failed to listen. 

The explanation had not been accepted, for different reasons. Both sides of the argument have been ringed dry leaving each individual to choose what they believe. People have been listening, just not agreeing.

Favored or not the Canucks need an upgrade on Vey's play or an up[grade on the player by replacing him.

Regardless of why, they need an upgrade at this position.

17 hours ago, Boddy604 said:

I suspect your memory is defective. How is it Vey averaged 15:45 well behind both Horvat and Henrik? The only reason his minutes are that high is because he filled in on the top line when Henrik was out injured, after McCann failed to impress in the spot for a game. Meaning 7 of his 41 games were on the top line boosting his average. The favoritism is all in your head.

21 hours ago, Boddy604 said:

I guess YOU forgot the bit about when Henrik and Bo were both nursing injuries, resulting in the increased ice time for Vey. Or about the bit where Vey was consistently one of our best players for a fairly significant stretch of games. But you're probably right. It was probably just favoritism and undeserved ice time. I mean, it's not like Vey was waiver eligible and WD needed to see what he had in him. Oh wait...

5 hours ago, Baggins said:

I suspect your memory is defective. How is it Vey averaged 15:45 well behind both Horvat and Henrik? The only reason his minutes are that high is because he filled in on the top line when Henrik was out injured, after McCann failed to impress in the spot for a game. Meaning 7 of his 41 games were on the top line boosting his average. The favoritism is all in your head.

To add to that, Vey was not called up first. There were others ahead of him . Vey never got anything handed to him. 

I'm not a Vey fan but I don't think any favourites were played.

Archived