The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

JB on TSN1040: draft + Lucic + Stamkos + PK Subban talk

TheRussianRocket.

Edler/Tanev + Virtanen/Boeser + 5th overall (+?) for PK?

Who knows, but the fact JB has confirmed he's been in talks gives it some traction. Would definitely be a steep price. Also interesting JB admitting PK is a true #1 dman in his eyes / what we are truly lacking. Doubt we have the pieces and organizational depth to trade for him but you never know. Interestingly enough, JB is looking to add another dman one way or another prior to the season.

Say what you want about jim, but you have to agree that the man is trying tk make this team better. I always felt that gillis was very passive. Deals were flying right by us like we were standing still. With benning it now seems we are in on everyone.  

Its exciting to be a canuck fan right now. Hopefully the last couple years has been the birthing of a Stanley cup team. 

It doesn't sound like even Benning feels we can land Stamkos.  I think there is more to the PK rumors then what is being let out.  It sounds like hes very bullish on Lucic, and I'm betting it gets done.

1 minute ago, Gooseberries said:

Say what you want about jim, but you have to agree that the man is trying tk make this team better. I always felt that gillis was very passive. Deals were flying right by us like we were standing still. With benning it now seems we are in on everyone.  

Its exciting to be a canuck fan right now. Hopefully the last couple years has been the birthing of a Stanley cup team. 

I think it was more that Gillis was neither liked nor trusted by other GM's.  The combination of being a former agent and always trying to "win" deals outright was like repellent for trading partners

11 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

True. He's not afraid to do what it takes to make things happen, and is as shrewd as they come at the draft table. He knows what he's doing, regardless of what vomitus waste like Jason Brough and Jason Botchford think or believe. 

25 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Edler/Tanev + Virtanen/Boeser + 5th overall (+?) for PK?

Who knows, but the fact JB has confirmed he's been in talks gives it some traction. Would definitely be a steep price. Also interesting JB admitting PK is a true #1 dman in his eyes / what we are truly lacking. Doubt we have the pieces and organizational depth to trade for him but you never know. Interestingly enough, JB is looking to add another dman one way or another prior to the season.

Tanev + Virtanen + 5th overall for PK.

I would do this deal, still leaves us Hank, Sutter, Bo down the middle, we can add a winger or two, yet the offense from the D will be night and day from last season. I think our D would be lights out if we added PK, even if we give up Tanev.

I tried to delete the top part of Russians post but couldn't. I also think JB needs to be careful about what he says about players under contract, namely Stamkos.

Love love love Benning.

I've been wondering why this city hasn't been crying for us to sign Stsmkos.  He's the best potential free agent out there, by a mile.

Hope we avoid PK Subban.  Nice player but it would cost us too much.

Do your thing Trader Jim.  Best GM this city has ever seen.  

Liking what I'm hearing here, especially that even after getting Gudbranson, we're still looking to add to our D. It was our weakest link by a mile in the last 2 seasons, so it's great that Benning is looking at addressing it. Doesn't sound optimistic on Stamkos, but I wouldn't be either. 29 other teams want him, and he'd have no reason to come here, as we're not contenders. 

Archived