The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

29 minutes ago, TU90 said:

Because of one game you watched? Most likely the only game you've watched?

To. be fair yes ;an only had that satellite feed game had been advertised an was curious as to how he was doing.I would watch more games if I could an had the feeds .I have very very high hopes an expectations for Oli. 

I watched super Canucks tourney an a exhibition game ,but otherwise have seen very little of him. 

In all honesty, Juolevi had a bad game last night giving up the puck right up the middle of the ice. But it was one of those games where he had an off night so I don't know how anybody can criticize him to be honest. All players have off nights. Heck even the best of the best like Gretzky have off nights. Juolevi will always be solid, high IQ  defenceman and having him will only help the team in the future lifting the cup one day.

7 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

How do you know? JB has been bringing up Lidstrom as comparable ( withy less offense) since before he drafted him. Media has been saying Canucks would NOT trade him for Tkatchuk if they had the chance. 

Have you watched this kid play? I have. THis is a can't miss top paid Dman. 

Hahaha no one knows. Ya I have seen him play tons,  hard to tell anything with him being in junior.  When he's in the ahl we will know more.  Don't get your hopes up or down, let them develop. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, TheSnipeshow91 said:

Juolevi with a slick cross ice pass to thomas for an assist. On another note, Robert Thomas is having a 5 point night, just scored a beauty while killing a 5 on 3 penalty. He's draft eligible this year, would love to pick him up with our second.

If we don't trade it away first;)

My favourite pick thus far needs to have his development held above our success today. We seem to be deep enough to allow him to spend another year in Jr after this one. I don't want us to make the same mistake with Oli as we did with JV. He needs to get bigger and become comfortable at his size before jumping to pro. 

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

My favourite pick thus far needs to have his development held above our success today. We seem to be deep enough to allow him to spend another year in Jr after this one. I don't want us to make the same mistake with Oli as we did with JV. He needs to get bigger and become comfortable at his size before jumping to pro. 

It's case by case.

Virtanen had more to learn in Junior, Olli seems to have surpassed a lot of his teammates and just needs weight. Juolevi would do well being in Utica to be honest.

7 minutes ago, WTG said:

It's case by case.

Virtanen had more to learn in Junior, Olli seems to have surpassed a lot of his teammates and just needs weight. Juolevi would do well being in Utica to be honest.

He can't it's Jr or the NHL thems the rules. 

I could see him being loaned to Europe. 

Just now, WTG said:

Yup, me too. If he doesn't make the team next year I'd send him straight to Europe.

Its actually very common, maybe even more common for high profile D-men to spend their entire eligibility in Jr. especially undersized Dmen. I don't know why everyone is so afraid of the notion. 

• Upvote 1