The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

7 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

probably after boeser either doesn't sign, or after he shows to be not quite the same player at the nhl level, or when its clear as day that he will not catch up to konecnys total accumulated points at the nhl level..     I will surely drop it if they fire the current management.

Just don't turn your opinion around when Boeser turns out to be the better player/perennial 25-30goal scorer. Now since this is the Juolevi thread I'll let this get back on topic. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

probably after boeser either doesn't sign, or after he shows to be not quite the same player at the nhl level, or when its clear as day that he will not catch up to konecnys total accumulated points at the nhl level..     I will surely drop it if they fire the current management.

I know for sure you'll drop it if Boeser becomes the player I think he will. Thus making you look like a colossal idiot. 

• Upvote 2

On 2017-01-14 at 7:55 AM, Alflives said:

Not saying Juiolevi is a bust, or will not become a top four dman.  Simply stating a fact, that Tkatchuk is producing, and impacting games like a top six forward.  

OK, why did you say that?  The sky is also blue.  It seems pretty obvious that you were griping about the pick in an indirect way and then dodging when you were caught.  GCG!

1 hour ago, chilliwiggins said:

Foot speed, defensive liability, soft in the corners, is my call when it comes to translating his game to the NHL level.   Ron Wilson saw that in the world juniors last year that's why he had limited minutes in the final games. And don't forget it was him not taking his man in front of the net that bumped them out of the gold medal game.   I don't suffer from short term memory loss but some do. lol

Ya? Tell that to Bo Horvat. Heard people spouting the same nonesense

27 minutes ago, nux_win said:

OK, why did you say that?  The sky is also blue.  It seems pretty obvious that you were griping about the pick in an indirect way and then dodging when you were caught.  GCG!

I agree with the Go Canucks Go part:)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chilliwiggins said:

You know, I wish Boeser would just get cancer and die, he wasn't my pick I wanted player X or Y and I hope he gets cancer, but I mean hey I wish him well and all.

I mean I want the Canucks plane to blow up in mid flight because I didn't get what i wanted, because I love this team but I didn't get the prospect I wanted, but I wish them well

You're LITERALLY hoping that prospects DON'T turn out or don't sign here thus ensuring the continued slide or lack of success for the canucks; because of some weird lust for another prospect.  You're a special kind of piece of offal aren't you?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Gooseberries said:

I know for sure you'll drop it if Boeser becomes the player I think he will. Thus making you look like a colossal idiot. 

If Boeser becomes the player he can Chilli won't say a damned word or admit to anything.  That's the kind of person he will turn out to be.  Maybe we can fire their management

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I just want my team to win.  By hoping their best prospects DON'T pan out work out develop or sign here because they didn't draft who I wanted.

"special kinda person" aren't ya

He's the kind of guy who probably wanted Bo to fail as well because Nichuskin was NHL ready, and put up points right away. Bet he has nothing to say about that now, and I have a feeling it will be similar in the future with Boeser/Juolevi

• Upvote 2

Just now, BI3KSALLENT said:

He's the kind of guy who probably wanted Bo to fail as well because Nichuskin was NHL ready, and put up points right away. Bet he has nothing to say about that now, and I have a feeling it will be similar in the future with Boeser/Juolevi

You absolutely know it.  it's one thing to be negative due to a prospects lack of development, an entirely other thing to be sitting hoping to they don't sign or fail entirely thus screwing over the team.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

You absolutely know it.  it's one thing to be negative due to a prospects lack of development, an entirely other thing to be sitting hoping to they don't sign or fail entirely thus screwing over the team.

Very true like with Jake I understand the criticism since he hasn't developed the way people wanted him to, but with Juolevi who's improved his points per game this season, while also taking on the bulk of defensive responsibility for London I don't understand the reasoning of wanting him to fail. Is he worse because Tkachuk cracked the Flames roster and is playing heavy PP time, and in a role he would not have been playing here? That's like saying the Leafs messed up picking Marner because Hanafin made the NHL a year before him and was already a top-4 dman. It's the same thing with every prospect we select you can't satisfy everyone's wants.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, BI3KSALLENT said:

Very true like with Jake I understand the criticism since he hasn't developed the way people wanted him to, but with Juolevi who's improved his points per game this season, while also taking on the bulk of defensive responsibility for London I don't understand the reasoning of wanting him to fail. Is he worse because Tkachuk cracked the Flames roster and is playing heavy PP time, and in a role he would not have been playing here? That's like saying the Leafs messed up picking Marner because Hanafin made the NHL a year before him and was already a top-4 dman. It's the same thing with every prospect we select you can't satisfy everyone's wants.

It's apples and oranges.  if Tkachuk was a D man I'd be inclined to pay more attention to the whining.  But he's not.  he's a forward he gets some choice assignments.  Juolevi is  D man, he won't.

Hoping for failure out of spite is a shart blown thing to do.

21 hours ago, guntrix said:

Seriously? Ehlers and Nylander can put up all the points in the world but Virtanen can hit so it's all good? And you say this in a time when we're so void of young elite skill?

Man, the Boston series really scarred some of us... 

Hits and points aren't interchangeable, but I think you're jumping to the conclusion Virt will put up fourth line numbers here...

If Virt can find confidence and put up >40pts a season he'll be worth it

• Upvote 1

I'm confident that Juolevi will be a very good player for us.  Possibly the #1D we've been missing for decades, but it sure is difficult waiting for it to happen when we see Tkachuk tearing it up on Calgary.  He's got 1 point less than Horvat right now! 

Anyways, here's hoping that Juolevi pans out.  Honestly, if he doesn't, it would likely spell doom for GMJB.

17 hours ago, suitup said:

I think people need to calm down a little with the Tkachuk vs Juolevi talk. Like some other people have mentioned, it's a defenseman versus a winger. It's great if Tkachuk turns out for the Flames, but we've got a star in the making with Juolevi, and he'll make our backend much better in the long run. 

We also have to keep in mind that Juolevi has been improving tremendously and unfortunately not all of his improvement can be seen on a scoresheet. Not to mention, his hockey IQ is probably better displayed through a faster paced game and perhaps with a bit more structure unlike junior hockey. I forget who it was whether it was Bobby Mac, a scout, or some other analyst, but sometimes Juolevi's hockey IQ is sometimes so high that he's thinking too many steps ahead of the game. We'll most likely get to appreciate the finer qualities of his game when he's playing in the pros. 

Honestly, Juolevi's offensive game is actually pretty good considering he has to clean up after his D partner's offensive liberties all the time. 

I'm pretty happy with his offensive game. He has a notably higher ppg than last season and he's doing it without Marner or Tkachuk. The Knights offense is still good, but not as good as last year, so he's stepped up in a big way this season.