The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

With our luck with Russians he would never have been that good here. 

This is a good point. Canucks haven't had much luck with Russians (Drafter Beware Benning, take Zadina over Svechnikov lol)

1 minute ago, A.V.'s slurp said:

I don't think so. Cooper had him play only 13min the game before, and before the all-star break he was a healthy scratch for a few games. It was when big #77 came back that his min and confidence went back up. So he still has some developing to do in terms of being completly reliable on his own. In the eyes of his coach at least.

Sergachev didn't look out of place at all, on the best team in the league. Just because he hasn't been getting tons of ice time In TB, doesn't mean he isn't good enough. That team is stacked.

13 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

This is a good point. Canucks haven't had much luck with Russians (Drafter Beware Benning, take Zadina over Svechnikov lol)

Sergachev didn't look out of place at all, on the best team in the league. Just because he hasn't been getting tons of ice time In TB, doesn't mean he isn't good enough. That team is stacked.

I'm not saying he isn't good enough. Just saying he isn't done developing. Obviously Cooper wasn't happy with his play or he wouldn't have been in the press box for a few games. He clearly has all the talent and tools in the world and he will be a stud. The coach saw some holes and felt he should have a look at the game from up top. Happens to even the best prospects. Which is why ppl shouldn't freak when our young guys are healthy scratches or get limited ice time. Happens to even the most talented of young players.

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yup, no Hedman = less sheltering = Sergachev struggling/sitting.

CDC has trouble with context.

They also need Sergachev, and his entry level deal, on the roster to counteract the large number of expensive contracts they have.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, steviewonder20 said:

Interesting that there are 4 D rated higher than Olli on the list.

Is this the same Craig Button, who (while GM and Pesident of the Calgary Flames) released a young Martin St. Louis, because he (Button) thought St. Louis was not an NHL player?  That Craig Button???

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Is this the same Craig Button, who (while GM and Pesident of the Calgary Flames) released a young Martin St. Louis, because he (Button) thought St. Louis was not an NHL player?  That Craig Button???

Have you never made a mistake Alf? Cause we still trust you not to eat the cat

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, monkey2 said:

Have you never made a mistake Alf? Cause we still trust you not to eat the cat

:lol::lol:

Point being, Button does make mistakes.  Juiolevi could become a MUCH SMARTER version of Edler; he has the same frame and skill set.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

:lol::lol:

Point being, Button does make mistakes.  Juiolevi could become a MUCH SMARTER version of Edler; he has the same frame and skill set.

If Juolevi turns into the younger version of Edler, I won't be too upset. 

There was a reason he got 5mill/year contract in the first place. B)

PS. I still wouldn't put eating the cat past you... ::D

• Cheers 2

TPS vs Ässät today. Juolevi still at 7D according to published lineup.

EDIT: Game midway through the first. I can’t watch the stream at my current spot, but according to the translated tweets from TPS:

“From the puck’s drip, both teams have a full hönkä on the ground!”

”TPS has been very pressure-led by Aces, but neither team is clearly on the neck.”

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

3 minutes ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

Hey Sid!  

What do you mean 7D?  Is he not in his teams top 6 D-men?

Yeah, sorry if not clear. 

You’ve got it.

He’s the #7 D, as in the spare or extra D in the lineup. Not listed on the pairings. He’s been playing at that 7 spot since coming back from the scratch. 

Basically they seem to be swapping him in and giving him limited minutes in recent games.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

1 minute ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, sorry if not clear. 

You’ve got it.

He’s the #7 D, as in the spare. Not listed on the pairings. He’s been playing at that 7 spot since coming back from the scratch. 

Really?  I thought he was playing great over there?  What are his deficiencies they believe he needs to work on?