The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

2 hours ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

How dare Olli make passes that only a player of Brock Boeser, Elias Petterson, or Bo Horvat's caliber could catch.

Or Mitch Marner, or Jesse Puljujarvi, or Christian Dvorak, or Patrick Laine...

Sometimes it is easier to play with netter guys? 

10 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I am constantly amazed at the reference to these HF Boards but they constantly seem to be wrong about everything they talk about whether it be Virtanen, Boeser, Green, EP and now OJ.   I suspect they are simply toying with those Canuck fans that use that site as no one can be that consistently wrong without it being on purpose.

HF boards is a gong show.

It's always "My team and my players are better than yours!" mentality. You cannot have a single rational conversation. Then we have insecure leaf fans getting all emotional and worked up because their supposed generational player isn't actually generational :huh::rolleyes::unsure: when Boeser and Barzal are on pace to have to have 80 point seasons. 

I find that most of the OJ trash talking is from Flames fans because of the Tkachuk/Juolevi dumb comparison. Most other people actually speak highly of Juolevi.

I think if Juolevi continues to do well in Finland and has a good camp, he easily makes this team next year. Like Thomas Chabot with the Sens, have him rotate between Utica and Vancouver, see what happens.

Edited by Odd.
  • Upvote 3

17 hours ago, Kushman said:

I watched him every time he was on the ice. Saw him lose the puck by the side of his own net that almost resulted in a goal for Canada, got a couple shots through to the net, but besides that was seemingly invisible. Maybe I was expecting more from him considering all the talk that hes supposed to be the Canucks future top pairing Dman and its his 3rd WJC. 

Gadjovich on the other hand had a solid game for Canada imo. Was good on the PK and had a nice assist to boot. 

No you didn't. Otherwise you would have realized he played a lot more than you suggested.

11 hours ago, MrCanuck94 said:

You guys check out HFBoards? They were constantly dogging him and labeling him a bust during the game hahah. Juolevi played great today and he's huge now!

I personally avoid the HF boards like I avoid a Mexican Outhouse. 

One smells bad, looks bad and is a festering sore on the backside of the world and the other is a toilet in Mexico without any plumbing.

EmW

Edited by Eastcoast meets Westcoast
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, aGENT said:

It's gotten to the point that I now find it endlessly amusing how some people seemingly have zero understanding of the D position and hence Juolevi's game. 

One of, if not their best player that game. 

I think its the over-emphasis now on offensive D and the belief that if you're a D with a Corsi under 50% it immediately means you are "bad" at D. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

1 minute ago, danny.canuck said:

I'm pretty excited for OJ, but sorry, Shane Malloy is the biggest Canucks homer out there. Hard to take him seriously. 

He's not even remotely a Canucks 'homer' :lol:

Edited by aGENT

Shift-by-shift @Down by the River

thats awesome, thanks for posting that. I think the bobble so many people are upset about is the one at around 4:28 on the video you posted. OK so he lost the handle for a second.... compared to how well be played the rest of the game I think people are getting really nit-picky if thats the play people are worried about. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

...Show me one full game where Edler hasn't bobbled the puck....it can't be done...even Bobby Orr bobbled the puck most every game.

Oli and EP where dominant with the puck and should have had the puck at least twice as much as they did...next game I expect both to get the puck more.

EP only made good plays with puck....Nylander only made one or two good plays with the puck and lost it the rest of the tme...Oli only made good plays with puck except for one bobble....

Just watch people...just watch.....

17 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Shift-by-shift.

While this is great and all I think we all need to be a little more realistic and simply listen to the 2-3 people on here that know better than most.  OJ is just totally underwhelming and was a bad pick at 5 obviously

I mean...obviously right?

The world juniors is the end all be all indicator of future success.  Hodgson, Schroeder and more.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

While this is great and all I think we all need to be a little more realistic and simply listen to the 2-3 people on here that know better than most.  OJ is just totally underwhelming and was a bad pick at 5 obviously

The world juniors is the end all be all indicator of future success.  Hodgson, Schroeder and more.

:lol:

26 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

People love the WJHC because of all the crazy lead changes, emotion, high scores, etc. Then they go to judge players and expect them to play a perfect or near-perfect game. The two cannot co-exist. All the lead changes are the result of mental mistakes. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3