The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 NHL Draft - Chicago, Illinois June 23-24 2017

hyper00

Interesting the Liljegren was left off the team in favour of a 2018 draft eligible D man Dahlin for Sweden. Is that skill related alone, or based on injury/mono as well?

My top 10 in terms of skill

1. Hischier
  2. Patrick
  3. Middlestat
  4. Tolvanen
  5. Vilardi
  6. Liljegren
  7. Petterson
  8. Glass
  9. Vesalainen
  10. Necas

6 hours ago, Derp... said:

Interesting the Liljegren was left off the team in favour of a 2018 draft eligible D man Dahlin for Sweden. Is that skill related alone, or based on injury/mono as well?

1. Hischier
  2. Patrick
  3. Middlestat
  4. Tolvanen
  5. Vilardi
  6. Liljegren
  7. Petterson
  8. Glass
  9. Vesalainen
  10. Necas

I'd assume mostly injury/mono related, plus Swedens defence is stocked with many 19 years olds which makes it even harder to make 

7 hours ago, Derp... said:

1 hour ago, TheHockeyNerds said:

I'd assume mostly injury/mono related, plus Swedens defence is stocked with many 19 years olds which makes it even harder to make 

It's only because he missed a lot of games because he had mono. 

18 minutes ago, Psycho_Path said:

Is Robin related to Sami?

No. Salo is quite a popular last name in Finland. 

On Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 1:34 PM, Scorevat said:

I would tbh. Reinhart would be in contention for 1st overall this year and he's a little bit more along his development curve.

Tbh...I wouldn't just for the fact that Reinhart hasn't really blown me away yet in terms of being "The Man" yet from being picked 2nd overall 3 years ago. 

For example....when other 2nd overall guy Eichel went down, I didn't see alot of Buffalo fans saying "thank god Reinhart is there". Or its not like he has noticeably taken control of the team yet as his. His speed doesn't wow me either. 

IMO, I think the prospect of selecting a Liljegren, Hague, Foote,  or either of the top forwards gets me more excited than having Reinhart

16 hours ago, Derp... said:

1. Hischier
  2. Patrick
  3. Middlestat
  4. Tolvanen
  5. Vilardi
  6. Liljegren
  7. Petterson
  8. Glass
  9. Vesalainen
  10. Necas

Liljegren still affected by mono from kissing all them Swedish puck bunnies

18 hours ago, DeltaSwede said:

How I would rank the prospects now from a Canucks pov. 

1. Patrick

2. Hischier

3. Liljegren

4. Vilardi

5. Mittelstadt

6. Tolvanen

I'm sorry but I don't see how rating a guy with constant hernia problems the past 2 years and only played a handful of games is still rated 1st overall.

Hopefully he gets his hernia problems taken care of once n for all

Food for thought.  Hischier is actually larger than Crosby was when he was drafted and actually plays a heavier junior game than him.  Liljegren is 6 foot+ and 200 pounds as one of the best skating defensive prospects I've seen in a long long time.

Patrick...still injured....again.

57 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Food for thought.  Hischier is actually larger than Crosby was when he was drafted and actually plays a heavier junior game than him.  Liljegren is 6 foot+ and 200 pounds as one of the best skating defensive prospects I've seen in a long long time.

Patrick...still injured....again.

To be honest, Liljegren is Colorado bound. He's their missing piece. A solid right-handed defenseman that can put up numbers AND defend without deficiencies. I doubt we'll get our hands on Liljegren but man a potential Liljegren/Juolevi line gets me drooling. 

I'd rather draft a center (particularly Hischier, Patrick, and Vilardi) that can replace Henrik for the future. We really really really need to start focusing on drafting skilled, smart, offensive players. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Tbh...I wouldn't just for the fact that Reinhart hasn't really blown me away yet in terms of being "The Man" yet from being picked 2nd overall 3 years ago. 

For example....when other 2nd overall guy Eichel went down, I didn't see alot of Buffalo fans saying "thank god Reinhart is there". Or its not like he has noticeably taken control of the team yet as his. His speed doesn't wow me either. 

IMO, I think the prospect of selecting a Liljegren, Hague, Foote,  or either of the top forwards gets me more excited than having Reinhart

Yeah you have a point, but even bo had slow foot speed n its workable with elite trainers at that level, he'll be a solid 1st liner for years within a couple years. To your other point, i also really like the top prospects this year like liljegren hischier etc so either way it would be a good problem to have haha

5 hours ago, missioncanucksfan said:

I'm sorry but I don't see how rating a guy with constant hernia problems the past 2 years and only played a handful of games is still rated 1st overall.

Hopefully he gets his hernia problems taken care of once n for all

Sports hernia can only be dangerous in the long-term if the appropriate amount of rest is not administered. I don't think it will hurt his career in the long-term and what he has accomplished in the past is really impressive. If it was another type of injury, I'd be concerned as well, but it's not the type of injury (I believe) that is reoccurring, unless it is mishandled. 

I'm still not sold on Hischier developing into a dominant 1st liner at the NHL level and am a little worried he will end up being a player that plays a supportive role. Patrick, I feel, has the makings of a 1st line center that plays in all possible situations. I just feel that Patrick has the potential to be more dominant than Hischier at the NHL level. It's not like I have a lot between them either and a substantial part of me is hoping the Canucks don't end up with the first overall pick and have the decision made for them by whoever picks 1st. 

6 months ago everyone were raving about Liljegren, and now that he has had mono, all of a sudden he's not the same player anymore, and doesn't have the same ceiling. I think that's the case for Patrick. Spend a little time out of the spotlight and people forget how good they really are. 

Edited by DeltaSwede