The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Chiasson to CGY for Sieloff

13 minutes ago, c00kies said:

Chiasson is a good bottom 6 winger that can score some points.

He can also help carry the 155lb johnny hockey gnome's heavier luggage on those long road trips.

1 minute ago, pluralsight said:

What, you mean properly? I didn't know that was asking too much. 

I grew up watching Steve Chiasson and his name was also pronounced 'properly' as you so put it, but completely different than Alex's. 

So yeah, 'properly' is a point of perspective isn't it? 

4 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

I grew up watching Steve Chiasson and his name was also pronounced 'properly' as you so put it, but completely different than Alex's. 

So yeah, 'properly' is a point of perspective isn't it? 

Steve Chiasson was from Ontario, Alex Chiasson is from Quebec - identical names are pronounced differently depending on where the person is from and what their background is. I am sure you understand the concept of geographic and family history. 

17 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Always bugs me the way broadcasters are asked to pronounce Chiasson's name. 

You're gonna hate how some minor league broadcasters have been pronouncing "Juolevi".  Also, if you have bandwagon Canuck fan friends who just want to show they know what's up, good luck when they talk about him.  

Jew-oh-Levy, Jew-oh-Levi, You-oh-Levy, You-oh-Levi...

Back on topic, Chiasson reminds me of a Steve Bernier, and I wouldn't be surprised if his career down-trended to that level.  Don't know much about Sieloff, so maybe it's depth for depth.

Good deal for the Lames.

Chiasson played a shutdown role in Ottawa - his production may not be impressive, but the kind of minutes he played did not lend to production.

An inexpensive body for their bottom 6 to step in where Jones was last year.

Sieloff - realistically, not much room for him in Calgary.

Really hard to dislike the majoirty of moves that Treliving makes.

29 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

I am sure you understand the concept of geographic and family history. 

Why don't you enlighten us with some more condescending tone? 

I've lived in both Montreal and Vancouver and heard it pronounced both ways from both FRENCH and ENGLISH speakers.

He got below his qualifying offer which doesn't say too much about what Ottawa thought of him. 

5 minutes ago, PlanB said:

Why don't you enlighten us with some more condescending tone? 

I've lived in both Montreal and Vancouver and heard it pronounced both ways from both FRENCH and ENGLISH speakers.

He got below his qualifying offer which doesn't say too much about what Ottawa thought of him. 

No, clearly you are more cultured than us, so please enlighten us with your superior knowledge. I am just pointing out a fact that people have a preference on pronouncing their name, I don't see what the big deal is. But it seems like it's a huge deal for you and buddy over there. 

Archived