The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

9 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Ok... Så hur i hela friden tycler du att nåt av vad Loui sa var att hänga i julgranen negativt sett? När han tom efteråt säger att dom inte är oense om nåt!!??

Har man spelat i Kanada så länge som han vet man att minsta lilla sak blir en mediastorm. Tror han gjorde det med avsikt som sagt, även om jag inte förstår varför. 

18 minutes ago, sonoman said:

205E40D7-B536-42C0-9798-F83AC1A15407.png

At least JB is politically correct with media,..  

This from Eriksson’s agent yesterday.. wonder where Eriksson got his politically correctness from?

TSN feed:

Loui Eriksson's agent, J.P. Barry, admitted Wednesday that the veteran's future with the Vancouver Canucks remains up in the air after a meeting with general manager Jim Benning last month.

Eriksson and Benning sat down to discuss comments Eriksson made earlier this off-season to a Swedish news outlet, in which he cited friction with head coach Travis Green as a reason for his diminished offensive output. Barry said the conversation also extended to what's next for the 33-year-old.

"Him and Jim have spoken about that and we have to go from here," Barry told TSN Radio 1040 Vancouver. "I mean, we have spoken about a lot of things whether it is staying and playing or finding a new home, so we will need to continue discussing that."

Eriksson, who carries a team-high $6 million cap hit, has scored a total of 31 goals in three seasons since joining the Canucks after scoring 30 with the Boston Bruins in 2015-16. He has spent the past two seasons under Green, and averaged just 14:04 of ice time last season – his lowest mark since the 2007-08 season with the Dallas Stars.

“The coach and I don’t really get on 100 per cent,” Eriksson told HockeySverige in May, as translated by the Vancouver Province. “It is difficult when I do not get the same trust that I received from all the other coaches I had during my career. Of course it is tough on that front.”

Barry said Wednesday that he believed Eriksson's comments were overblown, adding "maybe they weren't translating the Swedish that well." He admitted, however, that both sides have looked into trade options for the Swedish winger.

"It's gone past any kind of request," Barry said. "I think we're all just working together to look for a solution, really, is what we've been doing. It's not an easy thing. I think any kind of transaction would have to involve a player on another team in similar situation and we all know that, so we've all looked around the league and this could be the time of year... those changes could still happen over the next several weeks."

Barry added that he doesn't believe the Canucks sending Eriksson to the AHL's Utica Comets would make sense for either side.

"Loui’s an NHL player," Barry said. "There's many, many teams that would like to have him [if] his cap number weren't what it is, right? So, we have to sit down and deal with that, but I don't think that really helps make a transaction going forward, either."

Eriksson was healthy for the full season for the first time since joining the Canucks this year, but sat out one game in March as a healthy scratch. He finished with 11 goals and 29 points in 81 games with a minus-11 rating.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

This from Eriksson’s agent yesterday.. wonder where Eriksson got his politically correctness from?

TSN feed:

Loui Eriksson's agent, J.P. Barry, admitted Wednesday that the veteran's future with the Vancouver Canucks remains up in the air after a meeting with general manager Jim Benning last month.

Eriksson and Benning sat down to discuss comments Eriksson made earlier this off-season to a Swedish news outlet, in which he cited friction with head coach Travis Green as a reason for his diminished offensive output. Barry said the conversation also extended to what's next for the 33-year-old.

"Him and Jim have spoken about that and we have to go from here," Barry told TSN Radio 1040 Vancouver. "I mean, we have spoken about a lot of things whether it is staying and playing or finding a new home, so we will need to continue discussing that."

Eriksson, who carries a team-high $6 million cap hit, has scored a total of 31 goals in three seasons since joining the Canucks after scoring 30 with the Boston Bruins in 2015-16. He has spent the past two seasons under Green, and averaged just 14:04 of ice time last season – his lowest mark since the 2007-08 season with the Dallas Stars.

“The coach and I don’t really get on 100 per cent,” Eriksson told HockeySverige in May, as translated by the Vancouver Province. “It is difficult when I do not get the same trust that I received from all the other coaches I had during my career. Of course it is tough on that front.”

Barry said Wednesday that he believed Eriksson's comments were overblown, adding "maybe they weren't translating the Swedish that well." He admitted, however, that both sides have looked into trade options for the Swedish winger.

"It's gone past any kind of request," Barry said. "I think we're all just working together to look for a solution, really, is what we've been doing. It's not an easy thing. I think any kind of transaction would have to involve a player on another team in similar situation and we all know that, so we've all looked around the league and this could be the time of year... those changes could still happen over the next several weeks."

Barry added that he doesn't believe the Canucks sending Eriksson to the AHL's Utica Comets would make sense for either side.

"Loui’s an NHL player," Barry said. "There's many, many teams that would like to have him [if] his cap number weren't what it is, right? So, we have to sit down and deal with that, but I don't think that really helps make a transaction going forward, either."

Eriksson was healthy for the full season for the first time since joining the Canucks this year, but sat out one game in March as a healthy scratch. He finished with 11 goals and 29 points in 81 games with a minus-11 rating.

I love the comment about  other teams would love having him, "if his cap number weren't what it is."  Lol, so renegotiate and move on.  Why should we have to retain salary so that this spoiled guy can get more ice time with a more "trusting" coach.   All that money he has already received for a career's total of points that Pettersson put up in one season.  (While making 1/6th the money X 3 seasons = 1/18th the money more or less.)  The nerve.  

Time for the Higgins solution.

Edited by gameburn
  • Cheers 3

I got to wondering whay TSN would make a poll (would we rather trade Eriksson or make the playoffs?) I think that was the dumb question.

I don't understand why they would ask this, are they trying to bring some drama to VAN, possibly divide the fanbase? Focussing on Eriksson and Sutter, etc takes away from the great signings and moves by Benning this off season. Instead, TSN would prefer to focus on the negative (Eriksson and the other guys that may not be on the team this fall). They even had Button pipe up and suggest the Canucks take better care of their players! The nerve. TSN doesn't want to report that the Canucks got Ferland, Miller and Myes etc, because that makes VAN better. God forbid the Canucks did something good. Are Leafs fans that sensitive that they can't handle good news for other canadian teams? What a bunch of babies. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I got to wondering whay TSN would make a poll (would we rather trade Eriksson or make the playoffs?) I think that was the dumb question.

I don't understand why they would ask this, are they trying to bring some drama to VAN, possibly divide the fanbase? Focussing on Eriksson and Sutter, etc takes away from the great signings and moves by Benning this off season. Instead, TSN would prefer to focus on the negative (Eriksson and the other guys that may not be on the team this fall). They even had Button pipe up and suggest the Canucks take better care of their players! The nerve. TSN doesn't want to report that the Canucks got Ferland, Miller and Myes etc, because that makes VAN better. God forbid the Canucks did something good. Are Leafs fans that sensitive that they can't handle good news for other canadian teams? What a bunch of babies. 

It’s the same as none of them seeing the potential in a team like St Louis last Christmas..

they don’t get the bigger picture, the resumes of many players bringing and dictating a game vs 1 or 2 players..

Or the building of a Team, and the method to greatness behind it,. Or the structure and timing allowed for development with prospects to keep grease to all gears.

Holland in Edmonton will attempt to do over the next 5 years what the Canucks are now putting a frame around.. if he can hang on to Draisitl and McDavid to do it.

Toronto is face down on the mat..  I think they have to move Marner..  they never expected to become the player he is..  that’s a bonus to them,. Or it will be if they see it.

12 hours ago, Timråfan said:

I think you might owe Benning an apology 

Benning said he talked to Eriksson on Monday, more than two months after the forward told a Swedish website that he and Green "don't really get along 100 percent."

"I think his comments, I don't think they were as egregious as people think," Benning said. "He is just trying to be honest with the situation, but we had a really good conversation and that will stay between Loui and I and we will continue to talk and work things out." 

https://www.nhl.com/news/vancouver-canucks-jim-benning-on-loui-eriksson-travis-green-comments/c-308244080

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Benning said he talked to Eriksson on Monday, more than two months after the forward told a Swedish website that he and Green "don't really get along 100 percent."

"I think his comments, I don't think they were as egregious as people think," Benning said. "He is just trying to be honest with the situation, but we had a really good conversation and that will stay between Loui and I and we will continue to talk and work things out." 

https://www.nhl.com/news/vancouver-canucks-jim-benning-on-loui-eriksson-travis-green-comments/c-308244080

I do suspect it was a classic case of the media making a mountain out of a molehill. I imagine Loui didn't mean the comments to be construed as they were.

5 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I do suspect it was a classic case of the media making a mountain out of a molehill. I imagine Loui didn't mean the comments to be construed as they were.

No kidding...what player has ever not said something to the effect of "My coach and I don't agree on things 100%"  (except maybe Keenan & Messier).

12 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Like with Hutton when he said "We'll see if we can work out a deal", I really don't think there's much intent or desire.  Have never heard him publicly denigrate or otherwise outright criticize any of his players, even if they're on the outs and no matter what they've done.  Would think the players all respect him for that.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

This is what Benning should have said directly when he was asked about this.

can Benning turn back the time?

The $&!# has already hit the fan but it's good he finally said the right words.

21 hours ago, J-P said:

Har man spelat i Kanada så länge som han vet man att minsta lilla sak blir en mediastorm. Tror han gjorde det med avsikt som sagt, även om jag inte förstår varför. 

Nja, Kanada är nog mycket värre pga sin "stolthet" och "så här ska hockey vara-mentalitet". Du läste formodligen ryktet om att EK inte ville spela i Kanada... Sorry om det blev ett sidospår.

Det syns ganska tydligt att fansen, som mådde dåligt av att ha för lite busar i laget är som hajar när dom vädrar blod gällande spelare dom anser inte är busar. Vilket oxå är orsaken till att Benning ska mota Olle i grind omgående.

Edited by Timråfan
  • Wat 1