The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

84 dead when truck runs into crowd on Bastille Day in Nice, France

nuckin_futz

28 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

Tolerance is not the same as political correctness.

To add to that, being tolerant of someone implies that you need to exude effort in order to accept what someone else is doing. Stating that "I tolerate ____" puts me on a pedestal for allowing said peoples for being near me with their inferior thoughts and beliefs, and does nothing toward making one feel accepted.

In that sense, tolerance is not the same as political correctness. 

1 hour ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

I just can't for the life of me understand why taking the lives of innocents is justified in these people's eyes.

Vive La France. That country has been through enough this year.

Losing the Euro Cup Final to Portugal didn't help either. Especially when their team put in such a poor performance in the Final.

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Should just make one thread, "Terrorism/mass murder" thread, since this is so frequent. 

I don't like the idea. Just because the events occur often doesn't [in my mind] mean they should all be lumped into one all-encompassing murdered-by-losers thread. I don't want to flip to a post on page 276 and have to guess what page the original post referencing the most recent incident occurred on. 

I didn't know any of the people killed in any of the most recent events, but let's at least give them their own thread in this forum so that people who wish to read about, or comment on, the individuals affected then they can get right to it without a search button. Come on, this isn't a casual NFL Sunday in Other Sports, we're talking about people who were eliminated [often] by mentally challenged or broken individuals. 

I enjoy the topics of CDC to be as tidy and non-redundant as the next person, but these were unique people who's lives were extinguished, the least we can do is suffer through individual threads that contain the details that prematurely ended their lives. 

Firm vote of "No" for thread lumping.

/rant

Happy Bastille Day

3 minutes ago, Green Building said:

I don't like the idea. Just because the events occur often doesn't [in my mind] mean they should all be lumped into one all-encompassing murdered-by-losers thread. I don't want to flip to a post on page 276 and have to guess what page the original post referencing the most recent incident occurred on. 

I didn't know any of the people killed in any of the most recent events, but let's at least give them their own thread in this forum so that people who wish to read about, or comment on, the individuals affected then they can get right to it without a search button. Come on, this isn't a casual NFL Sunday in Other Sports, we're talking about people who were eliminated [often] by mentally challenged or broken individuals. 

I enjoy the topics of CDC to be as tidy and non-redundant as the next person, but these were unique people who's lives were extinguished, the least we can do is suffer through individual threads that contain the details that prematurely ended their lives. 

Firm vote of "No" for thread lumping.

/rant

Happy Bastille Day

If only I could up-rep this a thousand times. Well said :)

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Should just make one thread, "Terrorism/mass murder" thread, since this is so frequent. 

I did that but it was closed by the mod! I knew this will be a frequent thing. Only a moron would not believe it. It's quite obvious, you let them in........

Archived