The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Report: Europe looks like landing spot for Vrbata (Kuzma/TSN 1040)

14 minutes ago, apollo said:

You really can't take a small joke can u... :| 

Be a little more chill 

Aha. I'm just wreckin' with you apollo.  You both invite it and generally take it really well.  (But it's true - virtually no one outside Puck will know what you're talking about).

Also - if everything you post is a joke, maybe don't take the responses too seriously.

3 minutes ago, Jamie Huscroft said:

It's more speculative than anything. 

Probably a good idea not to call it a report then. The [Speculation] tag would work best, or if it's purely an opinion piece maybe bump one of the recent threads or put it in Around the NHL.

5 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Probably a good idea not to call it a report then. The [Speculation] tag would work best, or if it's purely an opinion piece maybe bump one of the recent threads or put it in Around the NHL.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll do that in future posts. 

16 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Kuzma is fishing for clicks. Slow day at the office, eh Ben?

If he's fishing for clicks, he show stick to Cookie Clicker. It's the only thing he'll ever get to tap.

Just now, Honky Cat said:

I'm not 100% convinced he has fallen..Despite a lackluster performance last season,he could easily have a bounce back year.

True, I'm comparing his last two seasons with us. They're drastically different.

"Kuz suggests Radim Vrbata needs to understand he doesn’t have 31-goal value in the NHL, and may need to head to Europe."

Key words to point out from TSN ... "suggests" and "may need to".

Much different than "looks like landing spot".

Me personally, don't think Vrbata's done over here yet. He can pop 20 for a team in need.

'If I wanted to be traded I would have been traded". I still can't believe he said that and decided that for his career it was better to stay in Vancouver to keep sulking and floating. I honestly believe that some playoff team would have traded for him at the deadline and if he played even remotely better then his 2015/2016 season with Vancouver he'd have a contract in the NHL right now.

12 minutes ago, Qwags said:

True, I'm comparing his last two seasons with us. They're drastically different.

Agreed..he was clearly the best UFA signing a couple of years ago..The drop off (even in the playoffs against  Calgary) was huge..

Even though his ship has sailed here,I still think that he could help a team (like Montreal).

2 hours ago, Odd. said:

Hated his play last year, but I do think he's still a serviceable NHL player. He'll easily give you scoring depth and pot you 15-20 goals with better line-mates.

Hopefully he gets an NHL contract. There's reports saying he is talking with 4 teams. He's still a useful player.

I could see him easily being an option in Arizona again. I don't see him going overseas.

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

'If I wanted to be traded I would have been traded". I still can't believe he said that and decided that for his career it was better to stay in Vancouver to keep sulking and floating. I honestly believe that some playoff team would have traded for him at the deadline and if he played even remotely better then his 2015/2016 season with Vancouver he'd have a contract in the NHL right now.

Very true. I can only see Arizona wasti.....I mean handing Vrbata a roster spot based on familiarity.

While the steep drop off in points would raise red flags for any team, I think the real reason Vrbata hasn't been signed is how he played last season. He floated through games, completely avoiding any contact and lifelessly lobbing the puck into the neutral zone. His selfish comments complaining about his deployment were also embarrassing and belied a deep seated sense of entitlement on his part.

Based on how long he has been in the league, to display such self-centred behaviour was a major detraction to his worth as a free agent. Why he chose to handcuff Vancouver, when he could have been traded to a contender in March is beyond me.

The Canucks are a far better team without his soft, perimeter, streaky ass stealing a roster spot from players who actually give two squirts. Eriksson will far exceed what Vrbata did here, and eventually all Radim "the bad dream" will be known for is how he magically morphed into a 4 year old when he was asked to provide some veteran presence on a line that wasn't the top line.

4 hours ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

From 30 goal scoring star to unwanted in the space of a year.  Talk about a rapidly depreciating asset!!

Perhaps a lesson on why the Canucks should be considering moving other non-star assets like Hansen and Edler for younger guys with potential so they will be ready when our kids take over?

If other GMs know we'll give up Hansen and Edler for mid-late round picks, good luck getting any good picks or players in return in the future.

Sometimes it's just better to let players walk.

Archived