The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report]Lindholm seeking 8 year $48 million extension

DoughtysCheck

Hampus Lindholm won't come cheap.

The 22-year-old Anaheim Ducks defenseman is a restricted free agent, and it could take an eight-year contract worth more than $48 million to re-sign him, reports TSN's Bob McKenzie.

Lindholm, who made his NHL debut in 2013, recorded 10 goals and 18 assists last season - good for second among all Anaheim defenders.

Only the Ducks' Corey Perry, Ryan Getzlaf, and Ryan Kesler account for more than his request for more than $6 million per year, with Perry being the most expensive at $8.625 million. Sami Vatanen owns the blue line's biggest cap hit at $4.875 million.

As it stands, 16 NHL defensemen carry a cap hit of $6 million or more. Two comparable deals are Colorado's Erik Johnson and the New York Islanders' Johnny Boychuk, who both signed seven-year, $42-million pacts.

Lindholm won't attend the Ducks' training camp prior to signing a new deal.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1115039-report-lindholm-seeking-8-year-48m-extension

3 minutes ago, DoughtysCheck said:

Hampus Lindholm won't come cheap.

The 22-year-old Anaheim Ducks defenseman is a restricted free agent, and it could take an eight-year contract worth more than $48 million to re-sign him, reports TSN's Bob McKenzie.

Lindholm, who made his NHL debut in 2013, recorded 10 goals and 18 assists last season - good for second among all Anaheim defenders.

Only the Ducks' Corey Perry, Ryan Getzlaf, and Ryan Kesler account for more than his request for more than $6 million per year, with Perry being the most expensive at $8.625 million. Sami Vatanen owns the blue line's biggest cap hit at $4.875 million.

As it stands, 16 NHL defensemen carry a cap hit of $6 million or more. Two comparable deals are Colorado's Erik Johnson and the New York Islanders' Johnny Boychuk, who both signed seven-year, $42-million pacts.

Lindholm won't attend the Ducks' training camp prior to signing a new deal.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1115039-report-lindholm-seeking-8-year-48m-extension

Looks like it's a fun time to be an RFA

22 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Children demanding massive contracts for slightly above average production and average defensive abilities 

Ya....

20 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

Thats a lot of Cheddar. 

Thank you Tanev/Jesus for signing such a great deal. 

For what it's worth, all three of Horvat, Hutton, and Gudbranson are RFAs next summer. 

I hope they improve to their level, but I also hope their contract demands won't go like a Monahan, Lindholm, or Trouba..

I hope he gets what he's asking for and it financially cripples their team!  Also, hope it gives Burns leverage and he also financially cripples his team.

I hope all RFA's hold out for max money/term and cripple their teams financially.........wait a second:o!  

1 minute ago, Fanuck said:

I hope he gets what he's asking for and it financially cripples their team!  Also, hope it gives Burns leverage and he also financially cripples his team.

I hope all RFA's hold out for max money/term and cripple their teams financially.........wait a second:o!  

Except for Horvat, Hutton and Gudbranson don't hold out for more money and sign for a reasonable price. Same with Tryamkin.

4 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Yup.  You and Alf agree on this point for sure.  All the younger hold outs should get paid a super high Cap hit.  

1 minute ago, Apple Juice said:

Well we're all hoping for it right ;)

These guys will look at the market and defer to their agents. Benning will, hopefully have Miller and Burrows coming off the books, as well as Sbisa possibly.

It remains to be seen how it will shake out, but it will be interesting.

He's asked for an arm.  Would he like a leg too?  LOL 

6mill isn't terrible for him I just think hes asking for to much to soon. I would want to see a few more years of equal or greater production before I gave him an 8 year deal that could completely destroy that franchise is his play dips off.  I would be pushing for a bridge deal if I was them.  Yeah it may cost you an extra half a million each season but you will at least know what you are getting with a bigger sample size.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Children demanding massive contracts for slightly above average production and average defensive abilities 

Ya....

I bet Hall for Larsson trade completely f*cked up the way defenceman view themselves.

If Larsson = Hall, and Hall makes 6 million dollars, then any defenceman who thinks of himself better or similar to Larsson now can think they worth 6 million dollars.

Archived