The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign F Jack Skille [1 year x $700k]

'NucK™

53 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

He has little choice as an RFA. I know it's early in the season and I'm just a guy on the couch but why?! Why would you put the crown jewel of your young core on the forth line with the 2 lowest scoring forwards on the team and possibly on earth?!

Poke my f$&@ing eyes out I've seen it all now!!!!

This made me laugh.  In a good kind of way.  Thanks LaBamba (though I got to say, your previous post was a little over-dramatic...it's only one practice...what's wrong with a coach taking different looks?  I'm going bet that Horvat is back with Baertschi for practice long before opening game on Saturday).

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Awesome news. stocked to hear.   Finally a canuck move i can get behind...

R U serious?  A PTO that turns into a one year one way deal for a 29 year old 4th line journeyman who had a good training camp showing is the "MOVE" you can get behind?  LMFAO.

2 minutes ago, HK Phooey said:

R U serious?  A PTO that turns into a one year one way deal for a 29 year old 4th line journeyman who had a good training camp showing is the "MOVE" you can get behind?  LMFAO.

Haha  - i was being sarcastic.      I  don't get  excited about 29 yr old 4th line  plugs stealing minutes away from our drafted prospects....

1 hour ago, LaBamba said:

He has little choice as an RFA. I know it's early in the season and I'm just a guy on the couch but why?! Why would you put the crown jewel of your young core on the forth line with the 2 lowest scoring forwards on the team and possibly on earth?!

Poke my f$&@ing eyes out I've seen it all now!!!!

WTF where are you guys getting these supposed starting lineups? Bo is not going to be our 4th line center. get real

29 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Haha  - i was being sarcastic.      I  don't get  excited about 29 yr old 4th line  plugs stealing minutes away from our drafted prospects....

Ironically, I think that plug was also a top 10 pick in his draft year.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Ironically, I think that plug was also a top 10 pick in his draft year.  

Yes, but did not pan out with 2 other teams. Reclamation project by the canucks? may work out for them/him. who knows. But obviously showed something JB and WD liked. Guess we'll see.

1 minute ago, terrible.dee said:

Whoa...hold up....I'm a little uninformed at the moment

does this mean Gaunce was sent down?

Etem on waivers...Rodin most likely to be placed on LTIR...Ruutu released.  Gaunce has made the team for all intents and purposes...same with Skille.

3 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Yes, but did not pan out with 2 other teams. Reclamation project by the canucks? may work out for them/him. who knows. But obviously showed something JB and WD liked. Guess we'll see.

I just hope JV puts his mind and soul into becoming the best possible player.  

2 hours ago, Nex is my ex said:

while Horvat is on the 4th with Burrows and Dorsett

And the twins only played a couple pre-season games so I guess Willy plans on scratching them......

And some media idiot said Burr was getting waived today.......

And according to TSN Virt was a guarantee to start in Utica this season.........

Seriously. 

1 hour ago, HK Phooey said:

This made me laugh.  In a good kind of way.  Thanks LaBamba (though I got to say, your previous post was a little over-dramatic...it's only one practice...what's wrong with a coach taking different looks?  I'm going bet that Horvat is back with Baertschi for practice long before opening game on Saturday).

Over dramatic is my middle name. 

3 hours ago, Nex is my ex said:

Like the signing, but... according to 1040, skating on a line with Baertschi and Granlund, while Horvat is on the 4th with Burrows and Dorsett

*deep sigh*

hopefully WD will come to his senses by Saturday and put Horvat where he belongs. :picard:

Archived