The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Kings

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I wonder if LaBate is on a plane tonight from Utica to Anaheim? He's got 22 PM already... 

Was kicked out of the game for a check to the head tonight.  Sounds like he could be suspended so he's probably not a recall option.

1 minute ago, cripplereh said:

it was one game and we came back wow so much hate when we played a decent game and got a point!

I do agree the shoot out could have been better with other players then Burrows

Burrows had our best shootout % last year among current players.

Just now, S'all Good Man said:

How far down the list would Burr be? I've got him at about #10

Maybe not 10...

Granlund would be my 4th.

Eriksson 5th

Then it's really a toss up. Baertschi hasn't impressed me. The Sedins are horrible. Dorsett is...Dorsett. 

So I might go Gaunce at 6.

Maybe Hutton or Larsen at 7. 

So Burrows would be 8 or 9 haha

Just now, cripplereh said:

it was one game and we came back wow so much hate when we played a decent game and got a point!

I do agree the shoot out could have been better with other players then Burrows

man what has happened to Burrows.. cant handle the puck anymore and used to be money on the shootout.

like i said before, i feel like he will be the Chris Higgins of this season. :(

11 minutes ago, TU90 said:

I'm still not sold on Willie at all. 

I don't think anyone is sold on him. But many fans are just trying to be patient and give him the benefit of the doubt since last season's failure was not his fault (injuries etc).

2 minutes ago, Stormriders said:

2 shifts in the final 21 minutes, really.  Even less sense when you realize that Dorsett was out of the game so we were already down a forward.

I was very disappointed in Jake's effort.  After sitting out for two games, I thought he would come back and make a statement.  He did, just not the right one.

He's never played with Loui, and still managed 3 shots. If he still has a shoulder issue that could explain the lack of hitting. And he wasn't the cause of any defensive lapses, so it wasn't what I'd call a bad game. The guy needs time. 

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Typical CDC.

4-0-1 and still desperately seeking a whipping boy.

Don't know what his systems are, don't know what a trap is, etc, but Willie D for whipping-boy!   Cause the armchairs here know who should play with who.

Apparently it's called "balance"... you know, to counter us horrendous fanboys.  A valuable service provided by LolClarkson, LaBamba, and all his LaBimbettes.

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Typical CDC.

4-0-1 and still desperately seeking a whipping boy.

Don't know what his systems are, don't know what a trap is, etc, but Willie D for whipping-boy!   Cause the armchairs here know who should play with who.

Jarvis seems to be the difference between this season and last season, as far as systems go. As for OT and shootout choices, there still seems to be a learning curve for him. 

I don't think anyone is complaining too hard, just minor critiques. I'll take this brand of hockey over last seasons any day though.

14 minutes ago, SwedeHockey said:

Anytime you get back in the game, you have to capitalize on the chances you get. WD got a chance to bury things in the shootout, yet he decided to give Burrows the nod (not that Sven was much better, but at least he's less predictable) over a guy like Eriksson, Granlund, Horvat, Virtanen, Hutton etc. 

I think they do practice shootouts, and Burr might be among the better guys. Who knows, but I won't blame him on the loss. They earned the point in a tough building. He is 4-0-1, must be doing something right. The guys are all on the same page, and coaching staff have to take some credit for it. This team is fun to watch, which cant be said for last yrs team.

Just now, ruututuutu said:

Burrows had our best shootout % last year among current players.

Ya but I just don't see any offense what so ever coming off of his stick. He skates like molasses. Last year he was good but I don't see him as one of our top options anymore. 

1 minute ago, cripplereh said:

that was then,this is now

a year,two nothing matters but what happens now and he only has two moves the goalies know this

I'm assuming you're talking about Burrows.  He has consistently been one of our best shootout performers, including last season.  5 games in...that's where you look for your sample.  As the season goes on you adjust.

Archived