The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Kings

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, lethal_spaghetti said:

agreed i rally don't see the harm in him going to utica and getting meaningful minutes. Travis Green is no slouch either there is a reason he was interviewed by a few teams this off season. All in all I would not be opposed to Jake going to Utica, finding his game and coming back up to the nhl level.

I get why he was here last year but he has done nothing to earn a spot in the top nine this year.  He's lucky Rodin is hurt or he would already be down. 

5 minutes ago, oldnews said:

People are going to have a hard time deciding whether they love or hate Larsen.

You get the weak/blown coverages, but then you get the puck movement and great footspeed.

In the end we're winning, so it's love from me.

He finally got two shots ON net... and we scored off one of them.  The puck-handling is one part but the big shot hitting the net is the other thing we need from him.  And yeah, I'm surprised he's decently physical in his own end -- Danes seem a bit like Fins-lite.

The lines needed a change.  I don't know why they chose Baertschi to go with the Sedins, other than maybe just giving him a look to see what he could do with the chance.

Henrik was a lot worse than usual today, I guess everyone is entitled to an off day every now and then, but, it just didn't work all that well.  Erikson was about as useful as an orange cone on that line, so we'll have to see who goes next.  Hopefully not Hansen, because that line can't be touched, it's the best one we've got.

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

Yah thats exactly what I saw too. Its like WD is trying to assert himself with some good ideas coming out of Jarvis. Its just they are not good ideas. Not even real good. 

I think the players would do a better job selecting the lines and the shootout shooters to be honest.

I say let the team practice shootouts at the end of practice and come up with three consensus shooters. These guys know better than anyone  who has the most skill among them. And then they can own the decision as a team.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I think the players would do a better job selecting the lines and the shootout shooters to be honest.

I say let the team practice shootouts at the end of practice and come up with three consensus shooters. These guys know better than anyone  who has the most skill among them. And then they can own the decision as a team.

Too bad, I get to choose.

Sutter

Hansen

Horvat

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Good idea.  Let the players call the lines too. 

27 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

This makes no sense to me at all. 

2 shifts in the final 21 minutes, really.  Even less sense when you realize that Dorsett was out of the game so we were already down a forward.

I was very disappointed in Jake's effort.  After sitting out for two games, I thought he would come back and make a statement.  He did, just not the right one.

Just now, oldnews said:

Typical CDC.

4-0-1 and still desperately seeking a whipping boy.

Don't know what his systems are, don't know what a trap is, etc, but Willie D for whipping-boy!   Cause the armchairs here know who should play with who.

And you do? Yah that line shake up was a gem. Killer Burr on the shootout. Old doesn't always mean wise, but you know that. 

i thought it was a very entertaining game for the most part....bit sloppy at times though and wish our powerplay was better cause we had enough of them.

great on the boys to make the comeback and get a point out of it!

i dont like the sedins together during the 3 on 3 ot....so i hope that experiment is over.

the idea of juggling lines seemed okay to me however i felt that these lines would have been better:

sedin-sedin-hansen

baer-sutter-erikkson

granny-bo-virtanen

burr-gaunce-dors

wooo hooooo 4-0-1... 9 out of 10 points to start season, not to shabby!

Archived