The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks Recall D Troy Stecher

b3.

Vancouver, BC - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has recalled defencemen Troy Stecher from the AHL Utica Comets.

Stecher, 22, has appeared in three games with the Canucks (0-0-0, 2 PIM) and in four games with the Comets (0-1-1, 4 PIM) this season. He was named the third star of the game in two of his three NHL appearances including his NHL debut on October 25 vs Ottawa. In 2015.16, the 5-10, 181-pound defenceman completed his junior season with the University of North Dakota, helping the Fighting Hawks to their eighth NCAA Championship while being named to the All-Tournament Team. A Second Team West All-American, Stecher also led the Fighting Hawks defencemen in goals (8), assists (21), and points (29).

A native of Richmond, British Columbia, Stecher was signed by Vancouver as a free agent on April 13, 2016.

I am excited to watch this kid play again. Hopefully our forwards find a way to finish their opportunities because that will really help to get him his first points.

I dont see him being a difference maker yet, but you can see the potential he has. I will definitely enjoy watching him develop.

Dont like to say it but hopefully our other guys stay out for a while, they aint playing bad but i would rather see young guys battle hard and gradually get better than a group of overpaid vets battling somewhat hard and gradually getting worse...

While we're at it Subban should be called up. He definitely deserves it and he would bring a lot more offense than Larsen. Idk why Larsen jeeps getting PP time when he has done absolutely nothing. Rather have Yannick Weber back there. At least he hit the net sometimes. 

Ouch.

Gonna be tough to manage without Edler's 23.8% offensive zone starts and Tanev's 24.1%.

Sbisa and Larsen become the 'veterans' on the blueline.

They were an already young blueline imo, but tank nation's gonna get what they wished for.

As usual, their depth will really be tested.

Archived