The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat makes all star ballot

cuporbust

Burrows and Sbisa should be going.  Derpulerp.

Not sure why Loui is on the ballot.  He's good enough, but I don't think anyone would consider his start to the season All Star material.

I guess they base this on a larger sample of work than the current season.

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Not sure why Loui is on the ballot.  He's good enough, but I don't think anyone would consider his start to the season All Star material.

The previous season is taken into consideration. There's often players on the ballot that had a good year the season before but just doing ok when the voting begins..

6 minutes ago, oldnews said:

The Eastern media doesn't know any other Canucks player who is good.

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

But where are we going to find a 1C for the future?

Hafta look in the corner behind those boxes... the pile of junk back there along with Burrows, Sbisa, Edler, the Sedins etc.  Pretty sure he's been hanging around with the vets and maybe picked up a thing or two.::D

I know it is a crappy way to think, because it would be super cool to see him at an all star game. But on some level I am slightly concerned about this jacking up the price on his upcoming contract extension. Pretty easy fodder for his agent to point to recent comparables and say "Yeah but are any of them all stars? He deserves more". 

Call me a cynic. 

2 minutes ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

Who was it complaining in the Horvat thread about Schneider being an all star and Horvat would need to get to that level for it to be a fair trade?

3rd year pro, all star nomination.

Bo knows.

You should read the Kesler trade thread, and see how many people were complaining that Gillis got bent over in the Schneider and Luongo deals.

As well as how many thought Benning got destroyed in the Kesler deal.

Just so turns out that the spoils of that deal (with a 2nd and some minor throw ins) are Sutter, Gudbranson and Sbisa.

26 minutes ago, oldnews said:

You should read the Kesler trade thread, and see how many people were complaining that Gillis got bent over in the Schneider and Luongo deals.

As well as how many thought Benning got destroyed in the Kesler deal.

Just so turns out that the spoils of that deal (with a 2nd and some minor throw ins) are Sutter, Gudbranson and Sbisa.

Trade an aging top 6 centre plus a few pieces for a top 6 centre, a former 3rd overall pick and current top 4 defenseman, and another #4/5 defenseman. That's preeeeeeee good.

40 minutes ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

Who was it complaining in the Horvat thread about Schneider being an all star and Horvat would need to get to that level for it to be a fair trade?

3rd year pro, all star nomination.

Bo knows.

Hey, it's Bo's fault that he doesn't know his ceiling wasn't supposed to be this high :)

Archived