The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Maple Leafs @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I like you but you are quite bias. Sbisa, Stecher and even Tryamkin are far more noticeable than Gudbranson. What about Tryamkin and Stecher's adjustment to the western Conference? Biggest copout BS excuse ever. he hasn't dominated anything. 

image.gif

1 minute ago, Stormriders said:

What ever happened to 'Willy Roll 4 Lines"?   Skille - 3.43    Megna - 4.14    Gaunce - 7:05.  Lowest 4th line numbers all year.  I understand he wants to win the games, but this isn't a successful formula in todays NHL.  And it's not as if these players are playing bad.

In tight games where having a more rested line can make the difference between winning and losing, playing the fourth line this way is not a winning strategy.

If these guys can't play regular minutes, send them to Utica and try a different group.

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

5) On the whole, up front we need crisper passing. At the start of the season our passes were all tape-to-tape and we moved up the ice as one. Now the Canucks are really struggling to make a pass and even take a pass cleanly without it fumbling off the stick and onto the Leafs' players. Whether that's a practice thing or a fatigue thing I don't know but we need to get back to basics if we're to play better.

Well said, the first pass and the passing in the neutral zone is Atom like.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

In tight games where having a more rested line can make the difference between winning and losing, playing the fourth line this way is not a winning strategy.

If these guys can't play regular minutes, send them to Utica and try a different group.

There needs to be consistent lines out there too for that fourth line.  Continuous juggling of the lines doesn't help them understand their placement on the ice, chemistry is hard to create when you have a new guy there every other game, and assignments/on ice positioning gets totally out of hand.

There is so much more to Brendan Gaunce's game that he has to give to us, and its such a waste seeing him being stapled to the bench.

10 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I like you but you are quite bias. Sbisa, Stecher and even Tryamkin are far more noticeable than Gudbranson. What about Tryamkin and Stecher's adjustment to the western Conference? Biggest copout BS excuse ever. he hasn't dominated anything. 

get back to me after I claim he's "dominating".

23 minutes ago, Stormriders said:

What ever happened to 'Willy Roll 4 Lines"?   Skille - 3.43    Megna - 4.14    Gaunce - 7:05.  Lowest 4th line numbers all year.  I understand he wants to win the games, but this isn't a successful formula in todays NHL.  And it's not as if these players are playing bad.

It kinda demonstrates the lack of real NHL caliber talent in the line up.We all remember 2013 season , while we do have injuries now also 

.I believe Willie is fighting to keep his job even if the trade off down the road results in player burnout.

Despite JB  affirmation an confidence in him Willie is brite enough to know he has to win more games an leafs are still a beatable team.

This is on JB to do a better reload job with Skille, Megna type players. It seems like Skille an Megna  have hit the wall an are a liability in games , especially when team overall scoring is inconsistent,

our D is work in progress all but Larson are improving 

Shout out to Granny for the first SO goal. He's now 2/3 career in shootout goals. I hope we keep using him there. Real good.

Bigger shout to baby Horvat for his shootout effort. Was not expecting him to draw in for that at all, was pleasantly surprised by his silky silly mitts. He truly can do it all, can't he? Scores even strength, PP, shorthanded. Plays defense well and is a leader on and off the ice. He's a dream! *heart eyes emoji* 

47 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Excellent game. Sat beside two Leafs fans and made their lives miserable. Didn't see Bettman though. 

You should have let Bettman know you were going to be there...he probably would have made the trip for that.

16 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

Wow! that was entertaining but humbling. the nucks are way behind the leaf's rebuild. so slow and so soft. Lucky to have the win and absolutely no backbone. I am really starting to become disenchanted. Could have had a top 3 pick but decided to win a few games at the tail end last year because??? Now I see Mathews and Laine tearing it up in their first year. How depressing. To make matters worse. They had a chance to at least show some might at home but decided to sit back and let the leafs take it to them yet again. No big hits, one staged fight, and a continued pussy reputation. Good thing some fans have the fortitude to look beyond the this sad state. I will always route for Vancouver but I can't defend the current team among my peers. They are just too soft and have no identity. Please let it be over soon!!! Benning, please step up to the plate and change this sad identity. 

When are people going to quit bringing up Laine's name when they talk of tanking. We needed more wins to get Laine as Winnipeg finished with more points. We did not get him because we did not luck out in the draft lottery like Winnipeg did...it had nothing to do with winning the few games at the end of the year.

The NYR game was the end of the losing streak - 12 games ago.  It's also when Baer-Horvat-Burrows became a line. 
Since then the Canucks are 7-4-1.

Horvat     4G 7A 11Pts in 18min

Burrows  4G 6A 10Pts in 16min

Henrik     2G 8A 10Pts in 20:30min

Baer        4G 5A 9Pts in 15min ---- 10 games and not 12

Daniel     3G 6A 9Pts in 19:30

Eriksson  6G 1A 7Pts in 18:30

Sutter      5G 2A 7Pts in 20:40

Granlund  2G 3A 5Pts in 17:30

The Horvat line has been the most productive line since Burrows replaced Skille/Virtanen.  I hope WD will not cut their minutes as long as they are going because today he said the added minutes of the Horvat line came to the detriment of the 4th line and that he wanted the 4th to play more.  Horvat gets 18min vs Baer's 15min mostly because of the PK and Baer does not always play all the PP shifts.  

Nothing like beating Toronto on National TV, the Canucks since expansion continue their mastery over the Make Beliefs.

If we had won three games in that nine game losing streak I believe we would be fourth over all in the Conference, no more skids please!

Archived