The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Ryan Garbutt

Plaguez

At this point he has better NHL pedigree then a few of our own journeymen.  Considering we lost Dorsett for probably the rest of the season, wouldn't hurt to bring in his grit and toughness.

That fourth line needs some dependable players,I wouldnn't mind adding him considering he is only 900K and on his final year of his contract.  Benning wants depth, well here is another chance to do that.

We're at the point where its probably just better to give Dorsetts spot to an AHLer to give him some experience and see if they can make the transition (like Labate, etc). Garbutt isn't going to make a difference on this team so there is no reason to waste a roster spot.

I think Garbut is a guy we could use.  Pesky, hard hitting, a little dirty.  We could have used him in the first TO game and he would have been useful in the Jersey game.  He's always noticeable when the Canucks play Anaheim.

The TO game actually made me miss Matt Cooke a little.

54 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Only logical fit for him at this point would have to be Montreal. It makes too much sense for them to claim Garbutt. Lost arguably their top 2 centres. But here with the Canucks, no thanks. Doesn't have the scoring touch we have been looking for 

He's a winger. So he doesn't really help them in that regard. And actually they lost their top centre. Desharnais has been the 3C for most of the season with Plekanec filling the 2C spot 

10 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

He's a winger. So he doesn't really help them in that regard. And actually they lost their top centre. Desharnais has been the 3C for most of the season with Plekanec filling the 2C spot 

Perfect replacement for Deharnais; they are both 4 feet tall:)

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Perfect replacement for Deharnais; they are both 4 feet tall:)

I assume that's a joke of some sort. Lol.

Regardless. Filling the 3C spot isn't going to be an issue. They have lots of guys internally that can do the job. It's finding a 2C to fill in that will be the challenge. Garbutt doesn't really fill a need for them. 

3 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

I assume that's a joke of some sort. Lol.

Regardless. Filling the 3C spot isn't going to be an issue. They have lots of guys internally that can do the job. It's finding a 2C to fill in that will be the challenge. Garbutt doesn't really fill a need for them. 

But they would fit the same jersey too, extra/extra small;)

Archived