The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Lightning

-Vintage Canuck-

My thoughts:

- We were definitely due for a lopsided win. I just didn't think it would come from where it did.

- This game was the vintage Vezina Miller. Fabulous game by him and one I feared we'd never see again.

- Skille and Megna come out of nowhere to take the game over. Great to see! Did anyone know Skille had a shot like that? I know I didn't. Hope we continue to get secondary scoring and it's not a one game flash in the pan.

- Gudbranson scores! We'll sort of. Maybe this will get the monkey off his back like Burrows when he got a fluke. Would love to see him score more and gain some confidence.

- Loved the bulldog Biega. Doesn't quite have the skill level, but he has the heart and guts that Stecher does. Also hurray! Another d-man who shoots! Hope he sticks around for a while.

- Defence could definitely have been better. 38 shots is far too much, but without our top 2 D it's expected. Luckily we had our goalie bail us out.

Great all around team effort and it's awesome to see the back end putting some points on the board.

14 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Not only did Skille make the play of the game but could also very well be the play of the year.

skille-slow-mo.gif?w=1037&h=574

screen-shot-2016-12-09-at-12-01-54-am.pn

Thats actually who he was projected to be at one time. It's in there someplace. 

2 hours ago, Creepy Crawler said:

Megna and Skille got a pair, what in the world is going on.

* credits to Bishop for performing lousy tonight.

For sure, overrated sitting in the press box. :P

The only one he could have stopped wasn't a goal by either. Megna and Skille had great goals. They weren't flukey, they were goal scorer goals. 2 snipes by Skille and a tip and a roofer for Megna. All credit goes to them, the goalie had nothing to do with it.

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

after a win

people on here wanting to micromanage the minutes the coach gave players

and need to complain about it

i think wd has a pretty good idea who is fresh or not

and who is playing well or not

I don't think WD could be trusted to water my ficus plant when i'm away.

1 minute ago, BCNeil said:

This division keeps things interesting.  Edmonton blows a two goal third period lead.  LA loses to the Hurricanes in LA.

a 7-3 run, we could be right back in the thick of things.  

Lol don't see that happening this season,hope I'm wrong

Archived