The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

This is right up Bennings alley. I don't see where he would fit into the lineup next year, but i assume a couple of teams has expressed interest in aquiring his rights which is why Benning wants to get a good read on this kid.

Sedins-Burrows

Baertschi-Horvat-Hansen

Virtanen-Sutter-Rodin

Higgins-McCann-Dorsett

Gaunce? (i would like to resign Prust but we don't really have room for him sadly)

I would keep Prust and trade Higgins

• Upvote 1

He sure seems to be around the front of the net a lot, should be no reason for him not to translate well to the NHL

Seems like Prust's internet skills has won over the fan-base, please understand Prust is not that good of a hockey player and Higgins is a career grinder, so yeah trade them both and replace them with a guy like Gaunce and Greiner. 

Nothing to do with his Internet skills at all.

He's a good player and teams don't take as many liberties on us when he is in the lineup.

• Upvote 2

lol @ people who dont think rodin will be a canuck next year or the year after, have you seen the pace he is scoring at? he doesnt belong in the 3rd best league in the world, its best to give him a shot during preseason to show his stuff in the top 6, i'm almost certain he will be givin a chance, just not sure if he will take it, you never know how he will play with better players, they could add another level to his game, or maybe make him play worse playing against better opposition. Anyways if he did make it playin the same style of offensive hockey i would picture the lineup looking liek htis next year 

#StanleyCupAnyone ? 

Sedin - Sedin - Rodin 

Shinkaruk - Horvat - Lucic

Baertschi - Sutter - Virtanen

Gaunce - McCann - Hansen

Hutton/Tanev - Edler 

Zaitsev - Tanev/Hutton 

Sbisa - Pedan

Miller/Markstrom

Markstrom/Miller

Seems like Prust's internet skills has won over the fan-base, please understand Prust is not that good of a hockey player and Higgins is a career grinder, so yeah trade them both and replace them with a guy like Gaunce and Greiner. 

Prust is a lot better player than you give him credit for...Not the fastest skater,but a really good passer,forechecker..and I'm not even talking about his other intangibles....I was pretty skeptical when we traded for him,but I do see the value in him.on the Canucks......'not that good of a hockey player'..is a pretty lazy statement..IMO

• Upvote 1

Prust is a lot better player than you give him credit for...Not the fastest skater,but a really good passer,forechecker..and I'm not even talking about his other intangibles....I was pretty skeptical when we traded for him,but I do see the value in him.on the Canucks......'not that good of a hockey player'..is a pretty lazy statement..IMO

Both Prust and Dorsett throw a nice pass.

Scott Rintoul @ScottRintoul 5m5 minutes ago

Per @vancanucks GM Jim Benning, Anton Rodin has a broken collarbone... He'll go watch him overseas, but that plan's on hold #Canuckson1040

Wow, talk about unfortunate. Thankfully its not an injury like a concussion or a muscle tear that could become a long-term recurring issue, but its a real shame to think this is going to derail the great season he's been putting together.

At least he'll be healthy in a couple months and Benning will be able to make an evaluation on him then.

Scott Rintoul @ScottRintoul 5m5 minutes ago

Per @vancanucks GM Jim Benning, Anton Rodin has a broken collarbone... He'll go watch him overseas, but that plan's on hold #Canuckson1040

Wow, talk about unfortunate. Thankfully its not an injury like a concussion or a muscle tear that could become a long-term recurring issue, but its a real shame to think this is going to derail the great season he's been putting together.

At least he'll be healthy in a couple months and Benning will be able to make an evaluation on him then.

Rodin was plagued with shoulder problem when he was in the AHL :(