The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

A little worried for likes of Anton when he comes back.  Depending when he does, he will be starting from scratch and trying to find his legs and timing when everyone is up to speed. Same problem Chris Higgins had last season when he broke his foot at the beginning of preseason and was reasserted back into the lineup.

Lots of on his plate to not only keep up but to stand out too.

Hope he is able to catch fire early to gain the confidence and his timing back.

I hope they ease him in...minutes wise...although I'm not too worried, the tendon is just acting up with the surrounding muscles causing swelling and soreness, it may not come back again, but if it does it should take less time to recover from...eventually just a bit of swelling after the game and he's good to go the next day...hopefully he is at that stage now.

35 minutes ago, ftmN said:

I'm fairly positive Willy has said that he's only coming back into the lineup when he's 100% ready. Once in the lineup he'll slot in on the second line and go from there. 

Why was he playing at all before, if this 100% rule applies? 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Why was he playing at all before, if this 100% rule applies? 

To test the waters and find out if the knee was ready for the regular season or not. 

New update from the province 2 hours ago, seemingly conflicting with what they said with TSN early today. 

The bigger concern is Anton Rodin. After experiencing pre-season swelling in his surgically repaired knee from a January tendon laceration, the winger was placed on injured reserve to start the season. The hope was that he would return stronger and faster to bolster the offence, but even that isn’t going as planned. Rodin isn’t skating and is on a four-to-six week strength program.

“He’s further away than he thought,” said Canucks coach Willie Desjardins. “There’s nothing you can do about that and we have to build it up. He didn’t have the speed to get where he wanted to go.”

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/ben-kuzma-tanev-doubts-rodin-not-a-quick-fix-virtanen-struggling?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

You guys....it is the same freak injury from January that he is dealing with...he is not "hurt a lot" and as far as a long future with the Canucks a few more weeks on the IR will have exactly zero effect on how long he is a Canuck.

Lets' just hope he comes back at 100%, he showed enough in preseason to be a top 6 guy....with a bit more speed he should be first line quality...

...just watch....

27 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

You guys....it is the same freak injury from January that he is dealing with...he is not "hurt a lot" and as far as a long future with the Canucks a few more weeks on the IR will have exactly zero effect on how long he is a Canuck.

Lets' just hope he comes back at 100%, he showed enough in preseason to be a top 6 guy....with a bit more speed he should be first line quality...

...just watch....

The hurt a lot thing comes from him being injured for most of his last stint I. North America. He's back now and injured again. 

43 minutes ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

The hurt a lot thing comes from him being injured for most of his last stint I. North America. He's back now and injured again. 

To be fair, I'm pretty sure he reaggravated it by coming back too soon. 

Different medical staff, same results.

51 minutes ago, J.R. said:

The injury is from playing in Europe FWIW.

This one. Last time he was playing in the AHL he had major shoulder problems and never got going.

40 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Ya it's not good when you try and play what 6 months from the injury and still re-aggravate it. I guess the only silver lining is if he plays minimally this year and is recovering it is less likely he would get picked up in the expansion draft if he is left exposed.

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I don't begrudge the guy for playing hard to try to earn a spot on the team. He probably pushed himself passed his limits, but he showed determination and better yet that he can play at this level. He's going to be a nice addition when he gets back to full health. It also doesn't hurt that they can leave him on injury reserve and hold a spot for as long as it takes.

This guy was dead to me. The fact that he is even in Vancouver is more than I ever thought I'd see from him. I consider him a bonus. If he doesn't get passed this knee injury I'll be ok because I have already mourned his death. 

24 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

This guy was dead to me. The fact that he is even in Vancouver is more than I ever thought I'd see from him. I consider him a bonus. If he doesn't get passed this knee injury I'll be ok because I have already mourned his death. 

Same here, I gotta give him credit, most of these athletes fade away into the abyss if they don't make it past their first chance. Shows you their drive and dedication. Another guy to me would be Brendan Gaunce (at least he was heading in that direction). Good for these guys. 

• Upvote 1