The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Waivers) Blues' Ty Rattie and Devils' Reid Boucher

Pears

50 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Utica can't score, Travis Green coached Ty Rattie in Portland. Do #Canucks take a look at Rattie on waivers. #AHLdepth

Just saw this gem lol.
1130 "Sports" and they don't understand how waivers works.  #AHL depth/derp.

Kind of shocked nobody on here has suggested the old "claim him and send him to Utica" spiel yet.

Are you guys thinking what I'm thinking!? Claim him, send him to Utica, and celebrate with hookers & blow??

But for serious, grab him if for no other reason than to muddy the expansion draft, possibly lose him over Rodin or Granlund (I know I know, not likely)

3 minutes ago, The Bookie said:

Are you guys thinking what I'm thinking!? Claim him, send him to Utica, and celebrate with hookers & blow??

But for serious, grab him if for no other reason than to muddy the expansion draft, possibly lose him over Rodin or Granlund (I know I know, not likely)

I got a one day ban and a bad boy point for an H&B comment.  

Might want to take that part out. Lol

Just now, coryberg said:

Kind of shocked nobody on here has suggested the old "claim him and send him to Utica" spiel yet.

CDC is improving!

My thoughts on a pickup: 

Usually, I wouldn't be very excited about a waiver claim, and I'm sure there's a reason Rattie even made it to waivers. But the stats from the Baertschi-Rattie pairing speak for themselves and if those two could find that chemistry again, that's a huge add. Baertschi-Horvat-Rattie, at it's full potential, could be great. However, with Rodin already stuck without a clear avenue to playing time (he can't play on the 4th line), I wonder if Benning thinks Rattie is worth a pickup.

You aren't going to throw Rattie onto the first line, so that means either he's on the fourth line, or he breaks up the successful middle two lines. And Willie has already said that he wants a speedy winger for the Sedins, and doesn't really seem to like Eriksson or Burrows in the slot. Rodin can't do it (yet). So it's most likely he ends up on the fourth line, which isn't exactly setting him up to succeed.

While Rattie would be a nice low-risk pickup, it might be a numbers game at this point. Benning + Willie could believe that getting Rodin consistent playing time in the Top 9, while also keeping the Horvat and Sutter lines intact, is more important than taking a chance on a struggling right winger, especially if they believe Virtanen isn't far away from being ready.

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"Rattie is 23 years old, cost controlled, contract controlled and has produced at every level when given a chance. For the Canucks, a team who has admitted to wanting to compete for the playoffs every year while keeping an eye on the future, adding Rattie seems like a no brainer."

Sounds identical to someone we picked up for a 2nd a couple years back...

6 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Sounds identical to someone we picked up for a 2nd a couple years back...

You wouldn't be talking about that plug Linden Vey right?

We know that he was such a bust because he didn't stick with the Canucks in the long run. 2nd round picks + Raymond get players like Tarasenko, so Benning was a dumbass. /sarc

Ty would be a great pickup. Gotta think there is a reason JB hasn't put a claim in on anyone so far this season. Maybe he knows that there are going to be some very good players waived soon due to the expansion and he wants to keep his spot near the top of the list. 

3 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

You wouldn't be talking about that plug Linden Vey right?

We know that he was such a bust because he didn't stick with the Canucks in the long run. 2nd round picks + Raymond get players like Tarasenko, so Benning was a dumbass. /sarc

Good call maybe Dumba will be available soon.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Lazar won't be going on waivers, will he?  I thought he was doing well in Ottawa.

I think Lazar had a big go round with mono at the beginning of the season, i don't think the Sens are going to give up on him yet..unless their owner gets into the sauce and goes on a trade everybody rant.

Just now, ice orca said:

I think Lazar had a big go round with mono at the beginning of the season, i don't think the Sens are going to give up on him yet..unless their owner gets into the sauce and goes on a trade everybody rant.

Don't see why he would. Ottawa's having a pretty decent season so far. 

Archived