The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Recall Jake Virtanen???

nomairbasar

OK, so I've been wondering if it would benefit the Canucks if they brought up Jake Virtanen just in time for this playoff push the Canucks are TRYING to do. Would it help the Canucks if Jake were  here?? I notice a lack of physicality in our game while I watch and I wonder if Jake could bring us the much needed speed and physicality  we lack. Plus, I am a beliver he would maybe even be able to pot in between 5-10 goals in the next 30ish games. He's bound to have gained some scoring touch while down in Utica so why not send down megna or someone else and give Jake a second chamce?? Thoughts??

21 minutes ago, nomairbasar said:

OK, so I've been wondering if it would benefit the Canucks if they brought up Jake Virtanen just in time for this playoff push the Canucks are TRYING to do. Would it help the Canucks if Jake were  here?? I notice a lack of physicality in our game while I watch and I wonder if Jake could bring us the much needed speed and physicality  we lack. Plus, I am a beliver he would maybe even be able to pot in between 5-10 goals in the next 30ish games. He's bound to have gained some scoring touch while down in Utica so why not send down megna or someone else and give Jake a second chamce?? Thoughts??

If only there was someway to find out how he is doing in Utica? He might be the leading scorer in the AHL, just no way to know.

We drafted JV to be a top 6 forward. We need to start handling him accordingly. If he gets called up, thrown on the 4th line to play 6mins a game don't even bother giving him a stick. At least this way it will keep him out of the box.  The kid was unbelievable in his draft year. You're not going to see that dynamic player emerge in a handful of 30sec shifts with Neanderthal line mates. 

Archived