The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Resurgence of Kane's game

Bur14Kes17

Does Evander Kane's resurgence change how you feel about him  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Disclaimer: I've been against every Evander Kane trade proposal to date, but now I'm starting to wonder if Benning knew better

When Evander Kane came back from injury, he went through his first 5 games without a point. Since that time, including tonight, he now has 

18 G 10 A for 28 Pts in 38 GP. That's good enough for 4th on the Canucks roster with 17 less games played, and at a .73 PPG pace works out to a 60 pt season and around 38 Goals. That's without mentions the fast physical hard hitting in your face brand he would bring that we have almost none of.

obviously how CDC feels about Kane isn't going to change what Jim Benning is going to do, but when you look at the type of season Evander is now putting together in Buffalo, does that change how you feel about him and even the amount of trust you have in Bennings ability to judge talent?

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

The Canucks can't afford him now.  Also, as said in the other Kane thread, he becomes a UFA after next season.  So after next season, he'll go for "free" to the highest bidder for his services.

Hindsight is 20/20 but I would have rathered have Kane now and when his contract expires, give him Eriksons contract which to date is looking very regrettable.

Voted "no" because Kane's play of late doesn't surprise me. He's basically being the player I was expecting (which is the reason I had interest in him even with all the off ice stuff).

Where my opinion has changed is in what I'd expect his price tag to be. At the worst moments of his criminal case, I felt a trade could be very good value (if a trade was even available at that time).

At this point though, I don't see us having the assets (to spare) that would be required to make a deal.

Just now, Bur14Kes17 said:

Hindsight is 20/20 but I would have rathered have Kane now and when his contract expires, give him Eriksons contract which to date is looking very regrettable.

With his off-ice problems, he's a tough decision for any GM to make.

For the Canucks though he's too expensive.  The Sabres' biggest need is a young (20-25 y.o.) left handed top 4 d-man.  Since the Canucks don't have one of those, they would need to part with other things which they cannot afford.

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

With his off-ice problems, he's a tough decision for any GM to make.

For the Canucks though he's too expensive.  The Sabres' biggest need is a young (20-25 y.o.) left handed top 4 d-man.  Since the Canucks don't have one of those, they would need to part with other things which they cannot afford.

Hutton?

46 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

His value doesn't equal Kane's right now.  He'd be Top 4 on the Sabres' below average defence but right now he's not a true NHL top 4 overall d-man.

Agreeing with this assessment.  Right now, Hutton is a 5D.  He'll come around and have a nice career as a 3/4 D.  Just not now and is therefore not a match is a trade for Kane the way he has played.

Benning doesn't need the headaches.  He's another Kassian off the ice imo.  No thanks.

Archived