The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Resurgence of Kane's game

Bur14Kes17

Does Evander Kane's resurgence change how you feel about him  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Agree, fully.    But I don't think his stock has gone up more than what Buffalo wanted in the first place.

They want a good hockey trade, and by all accounts were looking for a D man.

I would do Tanev for Kane tonight.

I've said it plenty of times in the past in other Kane threads, besides the Sabres needing a lefty and not a righty, Tanev is 27 y.o.  The Sabres won't be cup contenders for another 2-3 seasons.  That would put Tanev at 30 going on 31 and at the tail end of his prime.

Tanev is not a good trade for the Sabres' needs.

58 minutes ago, Strombone said:

I hate to say it, but we need Evander Kane's swagger. Arrogant or not, he's a proven NHL calibre top 6 forward.

Whatever happens off the ice shouldn't be heavily considered unless it's assault or worse. Being arrogant isn't a crime. The guy made it to the big time. Let him come home already and tear it up for us. We need scorers just like him. 

If we did acquire him, I'd assume he gets top line minutes with the Sedins. Better than Eriksson on the ice, 6-7 years younger, and same cap hit. But only has 1 year left on his contract after this season. Acquiring him soon would be perfect for him since money is his motive, so a contract year with the Canucks would undoubtedly motivate him to play for his potential last big contract.

Oh, Evander Kane wasn't charged for assault?  Well he actually was.  The charges were dropped.  Fact is, when you run in certain circles, you invite grief.  

Did Kane have issues with the other players in Winnipeg when they threw his clothes in the shower?  That's just boys being boys right?

If you think that inviting the circus that follows this guy around into your locker room is a good idea, I think you are a tad naive.

Do you think it was an accident that Benning gave away Kassian for nothing?  That Chirelli gave Hall away for a song?

Let's just stick with bringing in guys with good character.

5 hours ago, Bur14Kes17 said:

Disclaimer: I've been against every Evander Kane trade proposal to date, but now I'm starting to wonder if Benning knew better

When Evander Kane came back from injury, he went through his first 5 games without a point. Since that time, including tonight, he now has 

18 G 10 A for 28 Pts in 38 GP. That's good enough for 4th on the Canucks roster with 17 less games played, and at a .73 PPG pace works out to a 60 pt season and around 38 Goals. That's without mentions the fast physical hard hitting in your face brand he would bring that we have almost none of.

obviously how CDC feels about Kane isn't going to change what Jim Benning is going to do, but when you look at the type of season Evander is now putting together in Buffalo, does that change how you feel about him and even the amount of trust you have in Bennings ability to judge talent?

Bennings so good at judging talent that we now have 6 years of Eriksson on our books!

I've met this guy before a few years ago during the off-season. He's actually a fun guy to be around with. He's a good talker, he's got that contagious smile. He's made some poor decisions sure, but no doubt he's a good player and would be a huge bonus to any team that's looking for depth. 

With the kind of leadership and character we have in our locker room, it will rub onto Kane. 

9 hours ago, Bur14Kes17 said:

Disclaimer: I've been against every Evander Kane trade proposal to date, but now I'm starting to wonder if Benning knew better

When Evander Kane came back from injury, he went through his first 5 games without a point. Since that time, including tonight, he now has 

18 G 10 A for 28 Pts in 38 GP. That's good enough for 4th on the Canucks roster with 17 less games played, and at a .73 PPG pace works out to a 60 pt season and around 38 Goals. That's without mentions the fast physical hard hitting in your face brand he would bring that we have almost none of.

obviously how CDC feels about Kane isn't going to change what Jim Benning is going to do, but when you look at the type of season Evander is now putting together in Buffalo, does that change how you feel about him and even the amount of trust you have in Bennings ability to judge talent?

Canucks Talk, eh? <_<

8 hours ago, LaBamba said:

We need him as much as this thread. 

Hey, we agree!

9 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Oh, Evander Kane wasn't charged for assault?  Well he actually was.  The charges were dropped.  Fact is, when you run in certain circles, you invite grief.  

Did Kane have issues with the other players in Winnipeg when they threw his clothes in the shower?  That's just boys being boys right?

If you think that inviting the circus that follows this guy around into your locker room is a good idea, I think you are a tad naive.

Do you think it was an accident that Benning gave away Kassian for nothing?  That Chirelli gave Hall away for a song?

Let's just stick with bringing in guys with good character.

Totally agree...like Prust.

If Linden allows this POS to become a Canuck then I can truely say that he does not care about character. 

No way do you bring guys like that into your culture, city and Province.

You'd think all the feminazi, hipster libtards who marched in those protests for Women's Rights in Vancouver - some presumably who are posters here, would be freaking out over the idea of bringing this douche, who makes Trump look like a saint, into Vancouver. You posters are a bunch of puckin hypocrites, if you don't protest this trade with the same vigour. 

Since you can blow this season off as a lost cause (we are at a 4% chance of making the playoffs at the moment).... then any trade would be getting Kane for one year before he is a UFA.

That makes his value to us relatively small.  It is much more prudent to try to sign him as a UFA next offseason.  You know the conversation will happen, and we will have a longer body of work both on and off the ice to gauge his value going forward.  There is no question that you are a better team if you can re-sign the Sedins at say $3 million each and add Kane for $5-6 million, using up some of their freed up cap space.

We only have so many trade bullets in the chamber and have to use them pretty wisely.  I was all for blowing our brains out to acquire Subban for example.

Really as reasonable assets we have two of Hutton, Tanev, Sbisa... and that is about it, at least anyone that is likely to move and get a solid return.  You can add Hansen to the list, but much more unlikely for him to move as he has as much or more value to us as he would to another team.  He is also young enough and has enough speed to be effective for at least a couple years beyond his current contract and that could make it worth it to not let him go to another city in the interim.

13 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

I've said it plenty of times in the past in other Kane threads, besides the Sabres needing a lefty and not a righty, Tanev is 27 y.o.  The Sabres won't be cup contenders for another 2-3 seasons.  That would put Tanev at 30 going on 31 and at the tail end of his prime.

Tanev is not a good trade for the Sabres' needs.

Left or Right hand doesn't matter much anymore, the flow of the game, and consistent coverage has players crossing zones all the time.. and besides that, if it is a concern, better players move other players in that "handed" scenario,. Even if it means trading another player for space.

Tanev has just primed at 27,. D men usually do prime later in age, and carry it longer.

An article attached below gives a fairly clean view of The Sabres Defence,. I posted it in another Kane thread last year.

I've wanted to see Kane here since he was available in Winnipeg.

Regardless of players involved, I think a good hockey Trade can be made involving Tanev for Kane,. Maybe their are other pieces involved, but anything is possible.

http://www.diebytheblade.com/2016/11/12/13609516/sabres-d-deep-diving-into-what-the-back-end-needs

6 hours ago, LarsEller said:

Zero interest in Kane coming to vancouver. This guy and his clown car full of problems can stay in Buffalo. On top of that he comes across as a giant douche. Like top 5 NHL douche. The only douchier player in the entire leauge shares the same name. 

35 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

If Linden allows this POS to become a Canuck then I can truely say that he does not care about character. 

No way do you bring guys like that into your culture, city and Province.

You'd think all the feminazi, hipster libtards who marched in those protests for Women's Rights in Vancouver - some presumably who are posters here, would be freaking out over the idea of bringing this douche, who makes Trump look like a saint, into Vancouver. You posters are a bunch of puckin hypocrites, if you don't protest this trade with the same vigour. 

After all Hockey has always and historically been about pleasing the Choir Boys,

whose opinions and condemnations are more above the law, than the law themselves.

Not Guilty is Not Guilty, proof assessed, decision made..  

Trust,

their are people in the world who will try to claim monetary damage for brain injuries from a shopping cart hitting their parked car.

Archived