The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Jannik Hansen Has Presented Management With a 8 Team List

4 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Hopefully we get a similar deal done to the Burrows one with Hansen. If there is a deal to be done. 

I would expect a better return.  The return for Burrows was great but the prices for Hanzal, Boyle were also good. Teams like Montreal and Pittsburgh will still be wanting to add and Hansen said it's possible he would waive even for a team not on his list. 

25 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

some thought Burrows would fetch a 3rd at best.. its a sellers market this year

Let me bring you back to reality.

Nick Schmaltz was a first round pick, he was a pivotal piece in UND winning the Frozen Four, he's having an above average rookie year in the NHL this year and here's the key part, he's still in his first year ELC which means he comes cheap, such an important thing for a team up against the cap like Chicago. On top of that you think, Bowman, will throw in another pick let alone a first? Yea, maybe if we were giving him Hansen and Virtanen. 

Washington maybe in win now mode but their GM knows that this year or next maybe when their window closes. Bowey is arguably their most NHL ready prospect on D. I can see a straight up trade between Bowey and Hansen.

Montreal is also in win now mode but Sergachev has the potential to be a top pairing D. He's big, fast and has excellent offensive instincts. Other than Weber, Montreal doesn't have anyone in their system like Sergachev. Can you really see Bergevin, one of the shrewdest GM's in the league trading his team's best defensive prospect for a player that may potentially lose to Vegas? Again, Hansen and Virtanen for Sergachev seems more likely. 

There's optimistic and then there's stone cold crazy.

5 minutes ago, RyIe said:

Let me bring you back to reality.

Nick Schmaltz was a first round pick, he was a pivotal piece in UND winning the Frozen Four, he's having an above average rookie year in the NHL this year and here's the key part, he's still in his first year ELC which means he comes cheap, such an important thing for a team up against the cap like Chicago. On top of that you think, Bowman, will throw in another pick let alone a first? Yea, maybe if we were giving him Hansen and Virtanen. 

Washington maybe in win now mode but their GM knows that this year or next maybe when their window closes. Bowey is arguably their most NHL ready prospect on D. I can see a straight up trade between Bowey and Hansen.

Montreal is also in win now mode but Sergachev has the potential to be a top pairing D. He's big, fast and has excellent offensive instincts. Other than Weber, Montreal doesn't have anyone in their system like Sergachev. Can you really see Bergevin, one of the shrewdest GM's in the league trading his team's best defensive prospect for a player that may potentially lose to Vegas? Again, Hansen and Virtanen for Sergachev seems more likely. 

There's optimistic and then there's stone cold crazy.

having watched a lot of MB with the Rockets, I would be thrilled with a straight up trade there.

43 minutes ago, RyIe said:

Hate to be a downer but none of those scenarios seem likely. Hard to see any of those teams giving away grade A prospects and adding something on top of that. 

Just remind us, what did Bickel and Terravainen net Chicago last year?  Vermette?  Polak?

Hansen is worth what a GM will pay and your name on the cup is eternal while the name on a jersey isn't

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Just remind us, what did Bickel and Terravainen net Chicago last year?  Vermette?  Polak?

Hansen is worth what a GM will pay and your name on the cup is eternal while the name on a jersey isn't

Bickel and Terravainen were largely cap related trades. Bickel had an egregious contract so Chicago basically had to add Terravainen, who they wouldn't have been able to afford to resign anyway. 

Hansen is a good player but he isn't on Vermentte's level. 

Archived