The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Jannik Hansen Has Presented Management With a 8 Team List

28 minutes ago, The Weasel said:

I can't wait to see the return for hansen. Should be damn good. 

He may not even be traded, and the fact that he's been asked to expand his list of teams he'd accept a trade too likely means the teams on his original list aren't interested or aren't willing to give up much.  I'd think there's a good chance he's still a Canuck after the deadline passes

34 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

He may not even be traded, and the fact that he's been asked to expand his list of teams he'd accept a trade too likely means the teams on his original list aren't interested or aren't willing to give up much.  I'd think there's a good chance he's still a Canuck after the deadline passes

That could also just be a negotiating tactic to scare these other teams involved to settling with Bennings proposed deals as he's got the "I have lots of other options" that he can use and kinda be the bully.

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

But more likely that there are other teams interested.  The more the better.

Exactly. Think about it this way - Burrows didn't want to go and he had a list of ZERO teams. Even if Hansen picked the 8 best teams in the league, you know he'd probably still accept a trade to 4 or 5 other teams. He said it himself that it was easy picking 8 teams and he probably could have picked more. So there's definitely a trade to be made. Hopefully Benning can find 2 or 3 teams and then create a bit of a bidding war. I just don't see Hansen saying no if he got to go to a playoff team. Expect Hansen to be dealt.

9 hours ago, Hugor Hill said:

hahaha so you are saying Pierre Dorion is lousy!

Well Sens fans agree.

I actually think he has been pretty smart. 

Burr is underrated, even by our own fan base. They will have at least 2-3 years of a real warrior and leader and all they have given up is a prospect who was surplus to requirements.

Burrows is feared by other teams. They like to slag him off (their fans do anyway, and their media) for his indiscretions but he is clutch and brings it every night, never giving his opponent a rest. Even age hasn't blunted that fiery aggression and speed. 

He is a great acquisition imo. I actually would rather have traded Hansen and kept Burr.

2 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Burr is underrated, even by our own fan base. They will have at least 2-3 years of a real warrior and leader and all they have given up is a prospect who was surplus to requirements.

Burrows is feared by other teams. They like to slag him off (their fans do anyway, and their media) for his indiscretions but he is clutch and brings it every night, never giving his opponent a rest. Even age hasn't blunted that fiery aggression and speed. 

He is a great acquisition imo. I actually would rather have traded Hansen and kept Burr.

keep a 35 year old player with dropping production and walk away from a kid that would be in drafted in the first round if they they did a draft redo?

why do you even bother attempting to give such a laughable opinion?

Burr has been great in his days with us but his shelf life does not help us now. Get over it 

5 hours ago, alfstonker said:

You are getting carried away with the moment. It was time for But to go. He gave us one last gift before leaving.

There comes a time for all players. The return for Hansen has to be good. He is an ideal transition player for the young players coming. His peed alone keeps him in the game for years yet.

What is laughable are fans who think Miller would resign for another year in Van. As a UFA coming off a solid season he has options. I suspect he gets a multi year deal at decent money. He does not have to give Van a discount. He might give a team within easy travel to LA a discount for family reasons.

\

8 hours ago, Rush17 said:

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn-hockey-s-trade-bait-list-1.203546

Hansen has really moved on this list.  He was ranked much further down before the burrows deal.  JB is being taken seriously perhaps :D

1.png

Hansen should easily be able to leapfrog that skating corpse, Vrbata. Jannik hits another gear in the postseason, while Radim just tries not to get hit.

Watch.....Vrbata will get traded to the Penguins now that I said that.

4 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

You are getting carried away with the moment. It was time for But to go. He gave us one last gift before leaving.

There comes a time for all players. The return for Hansen has to be good. He is an ideal transition player for the young players coming. His peed alone keeps him in the game for years yet.

What is laughable are fans who think Miller would resign for another year in Van. As a UFA coming off a solid season he has options. I suspect he gets a multi year deal at decent money. He does not have to give Van a discount. He might give a team within easy travel to LA a discount for family reasons.

\

Well for one he knows the management team. Is close to his wife and family. Knows his role on this team going forward. 

I could see him dealt to Anaheim and take a 3mil over 2 year type deal. But,if he hits free agency. We have a spot for him and could offer him 4mil over 2 years. 

24 minutes ago, Bigturk8 said:

I'm gonna go ahead and reach just as hard as I can here.

PIT just put Eric Fehr on waivers. Any chance they're clearing space for the likes of Hansen?

EDIT: They just put Daly on LITR. It looks like they're clearing space for someone.

I hope it's Hansen. He'd be the best option for Pittsburgh. Speed, tenacity, and fearlessness. Great combination......why the hell are we trading him?

19 hours ago, canucklehead80 said:

If I'm Montreal, I'm not trading him either. Although, if Bergevin wants to keep his job he just may have to do it to improve his team. We may not have what it takes to pry Sergavhev away from them, but I'm beginning to think Bergevin is done if he doesn't do what it takes to help his team go deep in the playoffs. Their window won't stay open forever.

They'll still have that window open as long as Galchenyuk is around.

If I'm Montreal and I'm not looking to go deep this year, maybe a flip Pacioretty, Price and Weber for some younger players to play with Galchenyuk.

If I'm Bergevin I'd be calling the Blues about Yakupov. He played with Galchenyuk for the Sarnia Sting in junior and they played a pretty good two-way game together. I think Montreal would be the perfect place to resurrect Yakupov's career. 

Anyways, I digress 

Just now, morrissex95 said:

They'll still have that window open as long as Galchenyuk is around.

If I'm Montreal and I'm not looking to go deep this year, maybe a flip Pacioretty, Price and Weber for some younger players to play with Galchenyuk.

If I'm Bergevin I'd be calling the Blues about Yakupov. He played with Galchenyuk for the Sarnia Sting in junior and they played a pretty good two-way game together. I think Montreal would be the perfect place to resurrect Yakupov's career. 

Anyways, I digress 

This is the 5th season that Pacioretty has reached the 30 goal mark.  He's not going anywhere.  He's on a bargain deal too - 4.5M for another 2 years after this one.

Archived