The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

26 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I can easily post a roster without the Sedins, Gagner or Goldobin. 

I take Eriksson (overpaid or otherwise) over Goldobin all day, every day.

On Loui: especially with Gaudette and / or Pettersson in the lineup next year.  Loui is a solid two way guy who produces offense in front of the the goalie... riding shotgun with some kids who love to shoot sounds like it’s worth a try anyways.

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, kirk mcleans baby said:

I thought I came into the Dahlen discussion?!?!  The last page is all about Goldy!!  Doesn’t he have his own ‘page’ to discuss him in?!  

Anyone know when Dahlen’s next games are? Thanks 

I agree.  Sometimes these threads get hijacked for the dumbest reasons. 

2 hours ago, rekker said:

McD has a long long ways to go to be like Crosby. Exciting yes. But not worth his paycheck yet. If ever. 

He is far more of a "me first" player so far in his career in compare to Crosby.   Like you said, he can change but it may not be in his DNA to change.   The Oilers games I have been able to watch over the past three years show a consistent pattern of him trying things that "almost" work leading to puck in his own net or an odd-man penalty taken and the Oilers penalty kill almost gives a 50% assurance of a goal.   He puts himself out of position so often you wonder if he is being coached or simply allowed to do whatever he feels is best.   The latter seems apparent often.

4 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

He is far more of a "me first" player so far in his career in compare to Crosby.   Like you said, he can change but it may not be in his DNA to change.   The Oilers games I have been able to watch over the past three years show a consistent pattern of him trying things that "almost" work leading to puck in his own net or an odd-man penalty taken and the Oilers penalty kill almost gives a 50% assurance of a goal.   He puts himself out of position so often you wonder if he is being coached or simply allowed to do whatever he feels is best.   The latter seems apparent often.

For sure. Being involved in minor hockey McD plays like a lot of our problem players. Exciting for sure. But they don't play the game properly. I love watching Syd in big games. He does all the little things right that leads to goals and prevents goals against. 

2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

I agree.  Sometimes these threads get hijacked for the dumbest reasons. 

To be fair, the conversation started with guys like Dahlen having a good shot at stealing his spot if Goldobin doesn't get his arse in gear. It didn't come out of nowhere. 

Dhalen is going to turn heads at next season’s camp.  He’s already good, but he will be even better on the smaller ice.  He plays like s mini Jagr.  I don’t know if he displaces Baer or Goldy, but Dhalen is going to make one of those two expendable.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Dhalen is going to turn heads at next season’s camp.  He’s already good, but he will be even better on the smaller ice.  He plays like s mini Jagr.  I don’t know if he displaces Baer or Goldy, but Dhalen is going to make one of those two expendable.

Agreed.  I have a strong gut feeling that Dahlen is Vancouver’s top rookie next season. 

6 hours ago, kirk mcleans baby said:

I thought I came into the Dahlen discussion?!?!  The last page is all about Goldy!!  Doesn’t he have his own ‘page’ to discuss him in?!  

Anyone know when Dahlen’s next games are? Thanks 

Starting 25th its a game every 2nd day until Timrå or Karlskrona wins 4

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, aGENT said:

One - Goldobin is not that young. 

Two - Has nothing to do with being 'in a hurry'.

He requires waivers next year. If he doesn't earn a spot on the soon to be 31st team in the NHL, do you lose him on waivers? Do you gift him a spot he hasn't earned? 

Can you name the last player selected off waivers from the last place team?

5 minutes ago, lmm said:

Can you name the last player selected off waivers from the last place team?

Don't care enough to even go look. And he might very well clear.

I'd imagine he'd be not dissimilar to our own Boucher though. Some team who can afford to have him on their roster (whether by injury or other circumstance) will gamble that maybe he's a late bloomer, need a change of scenery etc and his skill will translate. And if not, they just throw him back on waivers when he's no longer required.

25 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Don't care enough to even go look. And he might very well clear.

I'd imagine he'd be not dissimilar to our own Boucher though. Some team who can afford to have him on their roster (whether by injury or other circumstance) will gamble that maybe he's a late bloomer, need a change of scenery etc and his skill will translate. And if not, they just throw him back on waivers when he's no longer required.

I would consider then in the same boat.

And if Goldy does not progress past Boucher it would be no loss to lose him via waivers.

Just another prospect Canuck fans got too high on.

I don't see NJ or Nashville missing Boucher.

Maybe just another Russia who plays his last NHL game as a Canuck

I wish Green would put Gagner between Goldy and Boucher though. The play seems to die on Dowd's stick.

7 minutes ago, lmm said:

I would consider then in the same boat.

And if Goldy does not progress past Boucher it would be no loss to lose him via waivers.

Just another prospect Canuck fans got too high on.

I don't see NJ or Nashville missing Boucher.

Maybe just another Russia who plays his last NHL game as a Canuck

I wish Green would put Gagner between Goldy and Boucher though. The play seems to die on Dowd's stick.

I'm not the one fretting over 'people being eager to get rid of him'.

My position is simply that if we are simply going to lose him on waivers (as it appears is likely at this point given his lack of progress and guys like Dahlen here soon to be breathing down his neck), that it would not shock me to see him packaged with other pieces this summer or at the very least, early next fall.

Edited by aGENT

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I'm not the one fretting over 'people being eager to get rid of him'.

My position is simply that if we are simply going to lose him on waivers (as it appears is likely at this point given his lack of progress and guys like Dahlen here soon to be breathing down his neck), that it would not shock me to see him packaged with other pieces this summer or at the very least, early next fall.

Much like the waiver argument, bottom feeder teams don't often "package" players in trades.

You see CBJ packaged Motte and Jokenin to Vancouver, Goldy was packaged with a pick to Vancouver.

There is not going to be much of a market for players unable to crack teh Canuck roster.

I suppose we could hope for another Pouliot Deal

12 minutes ago, lmm said:

Much like the waiver argument, bottom feeder teams don't often "package" players in trades.

You see CBJ packaged Motte and Jokenin to Vancouver, Goldy was packaged with a pick to Vancouver.

There is not going to be much of a market for players unable to crack teh Canuck roster.

I suppose we could hope for another Pouliot Deal

Clearly, he would not be the main piece. Something like a Tanev + Goldy or Baer + Goldy , Hutton + Goldy etc. He'd be a possible sweetener in the package, not the key component. Or, as we've hopefully agreed on, he possibly gets lost on waivers.

The larger point being that I have trouble seeing him here much longer whether that's by will (trade) or circumstance (waivers). It has nothing to with 'rushing to get rid of him'. He hasn't earned a role, he has numerous other players (Gaudette, Pettersson, Dahlen) soon to be pushing and likely surpassing him and he requires waivers. It's not  a good recipe for longevity as a Canuck.

Don't get attached CDC.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Clearly, he would not be the main piece. Something like a Tanev + Goldy or Baer + Goldy , Hutton + Goldy etc. He'd be a possible sweetener in the package, not the key component. Or, as we've hopefully agreed on, he possibly gets lost on waivers.

The larger point being that I have trouble seeing him here much longer whether that's by will (trade) or circumstance (waivers). It has nothing to with 'rushing to get rid of him'. He hasn't earned a role, he has numerous other players (Gaudette, Pettersson, Dahlen) soon to be pushing and likely surpassing him and he requires waivers. It's not  a good recipe for longevity as a Canuck.

Don't get attached CDC.

But who’s gonna be my resident fashion guru if Goldy’s gone? I don’t want to trade in my skinny jeans for a Guddy-style custom Chinese blazer.

At least we know style icon Alex Edler is here to stay. ;) 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Don't get attached CDC.

When/if he gets pushed out next year it should be seen as a good thing.  Players like Goldy Sven and Granlund were brought in to lower the avg age of the team and give them a second chance.... If they turn out to be a stop gap and pushed out by younger talent... GREAT!  That is when you are suppose trade them!   

Edited by TheYjUstMaKeYoUwooZy
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, TheYjUstMaKeYoUwooZy said:

When/if he gets pushed out next year it should be seen as a good thing.  Players like Goldy Sven and Granlund were brought in to lower the avg age of the team and give them a second chance.... If they turn out to be a stop gap and pushed out by younger talent... GREAT!  That is when you are suppose trade them!   

Did I say it wasn't?

Again, I'm not the one whining :lol: