The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

2 hours ago, JamesB said:

Watch yourself. No-one is ever mean on CDC. We always stick to strictly fair-minded and polite commentary.

In my line-up I have Dahlen and Pettersson penciled in taking the place of the Sedins on the second line. Leave Gagner on RW and leave Horvat, Boeser, and Baertschi as the first line. With Sutter and Archie playing shutdown with someone (Eriksson, Granlund or Gaunce), and an energy line that includes Virtanen and Liepsic (and maybe Gaudette at C), there won't be a lot of room for other guys, especially if Benning brings in a UFA (which I think would be a bad idea). Gaunce will have to raise his game to make the team.

Virtanen-Horvat-Boeser   This line would have all the elements.

1 hour ago, khay said:

lol who is that guy? it was funny i give you that

There was a post a while ago about him being one of the producers at TSN 1040, and he has an axe to grind with the Canucks for losing the team’s rights.  

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Virtanen-Horvat-Boeser   This line would have all the elements.

I’d love to see Green use Jake on the left side.  Jake sees the ice way better, when his body is open to the middle of the rink.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

and you wonder why 1040 lost the contract to cover the Canucks games... 

Imitation can be good comedy, if it's done well and accurately with a sense of humour.  Simple mockery is nothing but lowbrow schoolyard pettiness -- evidently the level that appeals to alleged professionals like Sekeres who liked it.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, khay said:

Wow, Timra pulled it off eh?

If Dahlen does become remotely close to that guy whose name starts with Z in Detroit, we all owe Burrows a big thank you. 

As great as Boeser is, he may not be the best out of all the young guys that we have in the pipeline. That's just crazy to think about.

While we are thanking Burrows, should probably give Benning a shout as well.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Pfft, ain't no luck, son.  Look at the way he led him perfectly.  It was right on target, even read off the angle of the defender's stick to deflect it.

<_<

Lol at luck. I see clear wizardy, almost Sedin-like in the pucks placement.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, JamesB said:

Watch yourself. No-one is ever mean on CDC. We always stick to strictly fair-minded and polite commentary.

In my line-up I have Dahlen and Pettersson penciled in taking the place of the Sedins on the second line. Leave Gagner on RW and leave Horvat, Boeser, and Baertschi as the first line. With Sutter and Archie playing shutdown with someone (Eriksson, Granlund or Gaunce), and an energy line that includes Virtanen and Liepsic (and maybe Gaudette at C), there won't be a lot of room for other guys, especially if Benning brings in a UFA (which I think would be a bad idea). Gaunce will have to raise his game to make the team.

Gaunce was raising his game, then he got injured. 

• Upvote 1

His skating ability is off the charts. He scores a lot of impossible goals. Kid's a beauty. He seems pretty thick for a 5'11 player but he's listed as 176lbs.

He's probably our most NHL ready prospect we have.

Edited by Odd.
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Odd. said:

His skating ability is off the charts. He scores a lot of impossible goals. Kid's a beauty. He seems pretty thick for a 5'11 player but he's listed as 176lbs.

He's probably our most NHL ready prospect we have.

The third and fifth goals were just nasty. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2