The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

People need to get the "if he played with EP" out of their heads. EPs linemates are ferland and boeser.  Boeser has earned that spot. 

Of course goldy looked good with EP. So does erikksson. Not everyone nan play with him.

To be fair EP was also most productive with Goldy if IIRC. But counter to that argument was that was early in the season and EP slowed down in the second half. Goldy still had 27points in 60 games which isn't bad considering his deployment in the latter half of the year. I dunno. I can see him panning out either here or elsewhere. He has improved his effort on the defensive side of the puck.

• Upvote 1

Goldobin has improved, but not enough. I noticed him giving half effort backchecking, and half effort battling for the puck along the boards. He was nailed a couple of times, not very physical for a guy who looks like took steroids during the off season. He made a couple of nice passes, but this was his time to shine. He needed to do more IMO.  

8 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Put henrik on a line with sutter and virtanen and you can still see where the skill is. 

Yeah I would disagree on that. Pure skilled players need their counter there skillset. Luckily for hank he always had his brother. Take away Daniel when they were 22-24 and you’d see a player that looks lost. 

Goldy apart from EP has been useless. Just like erikksson but significantly worse in his own end.

Many of the players have looked useless. But the goal is to get full potential out of them. If canucks can get the 50-60 point player out of goldy he becomes a major asset to this team. Same thing with jake. If they can get the 20 goal 40 point player that consistently plays on the edge. This team would be much better off. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Yeah I would disagree on that. Pure skilled players need their counter there skillset. Luckily for hank he always had his brother. Take away Daniel when they were 22-24 and you’d see a player that looks lost. 

Many of the players have looked useless. But the goal is to get full potential out of them. If canucks can get the 50-60 point player out of goldy he becomes a major asset to this team. Same thing with jake. If they can get the 20 goal 40 point player that consistently plays on the edge. This team would be much better off. 

Exactly! And when a coach deliberately prevents that from happening it hurts the team and effects the chemistry of the team. TG gave up on him at the back end of last season when he benched him every time he made a mistake, and that was done on a team that was supposed to be developing youth and was not going to make the playoffs. Very few young players could overcome that.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Guy. Henrik won art and hart while Daniel was out with a broken foot. 112 pts. More than crosby in his prime. 

His linemates were samuelsson and burrows lol. 

Edited by 73 Percent
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, aliboy said:

Exactly! And when a coach deliberately prevents that from happening it hurts the team and effects the chemistry of the team. TG gave up on him at the back end of last season when he benched him every time he made a mistake, and that was done on a team that was supposed to be developing youth and was not going to make the playoffs. Very few young players could overcome that.

If you're not scoring AND you're a bit of a train wreck without the puck with very little drive to try to get it back, no coach in this league is going to simply hand you ice time with top players, because 'what if'.

This happens. Some players can't make the jump to this level.

I think if Goldobin is waived, he gets claimed. He's still young, very skilled and makes less than a million. But he's not a well-rounded hockey player, so he might not get a regular spot in the NHL. It would be great to trade him, but other teams know the situation here in VAN and they'll wait for Goldobin to be waived. Canucks using 13 forwards?

1. Pettersson

2. Horvat

3. Boeser

4. Ferland

5. Miller

6. Baertschi

7. Pearson

8. Leivo

9. Sutter

10. Beagle

11. Eriksson

12. Virtanen

13. Goldobin/Roussel

I think Motte is getting waived, and Gaudette sent back down (1st callup). Maybe they manage to trade Goldobin, Eriksson or Virtanen when Roussel comes back?

Edited by NUCKER67

29 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Guy. Henrik won art and hart while Daniel was out with a broken foot. 112 pts. More than crosby in his prime. 

His linemates were samuelsson and burrows lol. 

Danny only missed 20 games and Hank was also in the midst of his prime when that happened. At 23 he was a .5p/gp player still learning the league and struggling defensively. Goldy at 23 is a .42 p/gp player, still learning the league, struggling defensively. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/26/2019 at 10:49 AM, HockeyHarry said:

Goldy does show playmaking skills that is a level above a lot of player on the Canucks...he does make some great passes...points will come and he will score goals.  Unfortunately he seems cursed that the offensive chances aren’t going in.

IMO The Frustrating part is his lazy way he doesn’t attack the other players. This fight to get the puck just isn’t there...he’s quick to give up on his puck pursuit. 

I find it funny that people like the poster above saying he saw Goldy withdrawing money and talked to him for a couple of mins. Like we’re supposed to believe that crap story. Just shut up with your bs. It’s comical.

I was at starbucks the other day and Jimbo was there. I ended up talking too him for about 10 mins. I really wanted to leave but he kept asking me for advice and my opinion on all kinds of hockey topics , I ended up giving him my cell number cuz he wanted too talk more..... yes it’s a true story, don’t you think I’m great.....plz give me likes.....I’m special.

I was just passing along info for people who care about the player and are still holding out hope for him that it will work for him in Vancouver with Travis Green.

I don't put celebrities on pedestals.

Anybody that follows my posts in the NFL thread know that.

I could careless  about upvotes or likes or what my posts to likes ratio or whatever b.s. you think matters.

I post about what I want when I want when I chime in about the Canucks or something else.

I don't need to prove anything to you. I'm not TMZ. 

If you want a photo or video you can &^@# off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

On 9/27/2019 at 8:50 AM, 73 Percent said:

People need to get the "if he played with EP" out of their heads. EPs linemates are ferland and boeser.  Boeser has earned that spot. 

Of course goldy looked good with EP. So does erikksson. Not everyone nan play with him.

So when did ferland earned the rights go play with ep? Ep dominated the league the first half of the season and coincidentally goldy was on the line. Ep struggled in the second half mostly due to fatigue we assume but also partly with whatever scrap player we put on his line. Eriksson would not look good even playing with ep lol. While goldy is on the line with ep he had a guy that can set him up.. ep is a shooter and a playmaker.. now playing with boeser and ferland he has no one to set him up as both are not a passer. Boeser shoot first and ferland is a hard nose stand in front of the net guy. It wouldnt surprise me if ep finish with more points but less goals than last year

7 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

So when did ferland earned the rights go play with ep? Ep dominated the league the first half of the season and coincidentally goldy was on the line. Ep struggled in the second half mostly due to fatigue we assume but also partly with whatever scrap player we put on his line. Eriksson would not look good even playing with ep lol. While goldy is on the line with ep he had a guy that can set him up.. ep is a shooter and a playmaker.. now playing with boeser and ferland he has no one to set him up as both are not a passer. Boeser shoot first and ferland is a hard nose stand in front of the net guy. It wouldnt surprise me if ep finish with more points but less goals than last year

we got Ferland just so he could play with Boeser and Petey  for a reason, using Goldy there sends a message that  he is a good player which he is not.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Ferland earned his rights to play with EP when Benning signed him for that reason. 

And lets not forget that EP started on a line woth erikksson and goldobin. When he was dominating Your memory seems selective. So erikksson is just as much credit to EPs early domination as Goldobin. (Which is none by the way).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

Ferland earned his rights to play with EP when Benning signed him for that reason. 

And lets not forget that EP started on a line woth erikksson and goldobin. When he was dominating Your memory seems selective. So erikksson is just as much credit to EPs early domination as Goldobin. (Which is none by the way).

goldobin contributed to EP with assist. what did eriksson contributed? ferland earned his right because benning signed him? what kind of reasoning is that? that's like saying virtanen earned the right to be a top 6 coz he was drafted 6th overall

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 2

24 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

goldobin contributed to EP with assist. what did eriksson contributed? ferland earned his right because benning signed him? what kind of reasoning is that? that's like saying virtanen earned the right to be a top 6 coz he was drafted 6th overall

Ferland and goldy should not even be mentioned in the same sentence.

Ferland is a proven power forward who can get points, win puck battles, and punch faces when needed.

goldy is a soft weak perimeter player who got a bunch of points playing some games with an elite young centre in Petey. goldy contributes very little to a team if he is not racking up points. 

The Canucks don't need soft players like him imo.

Bye goldy....high probability he gets waived. I don't care if he gets claimed or not. I guess it would be good for him to contribute a bit in Utica but I doubt he ever sees regular time with the Canucks again unless they have a glut of injuries.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Ferland is a proven power forward who can get points, win puck battles, and punch faces when needed.

goldy is a soft weak perimeter player who got a bunch of points playing some games with an elite young centre in Petey. goldy contributes very little to a team if he is not racking up points. 

Bye goldy....high probability he gets waived. I don't care if he gets claimed or not. I guess it would be good for him to contribute a bit in Utica but I doubt he ever sees regular time with the Canucks again unless they have a glut of injuries.

What are you confused about? You can't read or something?

If you want to make a point make it using words.

17 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

11 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

What are you confused about? You can't read or something?

If you want to make a point make it using words.

My post seems quite clear.

Did you fail an IQ test?  Didn't know that was possible.  :frantic:

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

On 9/27/2019 at 10:10 AM, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I disagree... And so did Hank when he won the Art Ross without Daniel.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

How old was hank when he won the art ross? Was he 22-24?  Oh that’s right he was 29. If you’re going to disagree. Then actually read the point I made.

Why, when I can be cheeky, and sneak in a bit of trolling amongst the serious talk?

<.<

Edited by 5Fivehole0