The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

Lucas Jassek posted an instagram video of Goldy cruising around some pimped out condo on an electric scooter with some hot chick walking around in the background. Ive noticed with a lot of his social media stuff he doesn't seem to be training or acting very serious. I think this is the year he really needs to show that he has what it takes to be a top 6 NHL player. I hope he proves me wrong and takes his game to the next level. 

• Wat 1

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Nikolay Goldobin on Sportsnet 650:

"Last year was my 1st full NHL season and I got tired after game 15... the goals got away from me. My preparation this year is better. I'm excited for a new year and a new season."

"I knew I'd end up with the Canucks. I got a couple offers from KHL teams and well I wanted to stay in Vancouver and I'm glad I got the chance to play here."

Someone already said this but boeser sitting out a while could be a huge plus for Goldy. Would love to see him rock it if that chance occurs. He, JT Miller and Ferland all playing lights out could maybe shake some sense into boeser to take a fair deal and not be a greedy little sob.

I do like the ground swell of support against these rfa's holding their teams hostage wanting HUGE contracts after proving very little. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

26 minutes ago, Yung1 said:

came to this thread to post this encouraging pic I found while creeping virtanen's instagram to see if he looks fat 

Screenshot_20190913-145642_Instagram.jpg

Wow, Goldobin looks ripped and much bigger.  If he kept his speed up, this could really help with burying his chances.  Never know but he could take a big jump this year and become a key top 6.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Wow, Goldobin looks ripped and much bigger.  If he kept his speed up, this could really help with burying his chances.  Never know but he could take a big jump this year and become a key top 6.

Damn, Goldy looks like he means business this camp, good to see. He might get a pretty good look with Brock holding out and the Fat Jake coming into camp in bad shape. Heard from Hirshey on the radio as well that Gaudette is phenomenal shape, to the point he might just force management to keep him in the lineup. Happy times!

• Upvote 1

On 9/10/2019 at 2:23 AM, -AJ- said:

Heaven forbid he have fun during his summer time. I think it's a stretch to glean that much from social media posts. Some people like to be more showy and post workout pictures or videos and some guys don't care for that kind of stuff. Look at EP--no one saw any workout videos/pictures from the kid and he comes back from the summer jacked as heck. I'll judge Goldy on his performance rather than a few social media posts.

Yup, those guys are allowed to have fun in the offseason, seeing that it might be the ONLY time they can do it. If Goldy posts something like that in season, then it might be a problem

Agree partially at least. Post one pic from the gym wont matter just as much as if u post a pic from a party drinking. These are still kids growing up and as long as they train hard and strive to improve and develop they should do whatever they want to be able to get that mental recovery during the offseason. Not to say they still represent the club and has a responsibility to not go too far off track. 

19 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Jesus Christ, word is that golf ball is still stuck in orbit.

thats funny I kind of thought it was ten feet down field

Is there an award for worst golf swing ever?

He looks good though!

Edited by lmm
  • Cheers 1

20 hours ago, Yung1 said:

came to this thread to post this encouraging pic I found while creeping virtanen's instagram to see if he looks fat 

Screenshot_20190913-145642_Instagram.jpg

Yeah it's cool that he's shredded, but about that golf swing. He boutta chew the hell outta the grass with that swing from the looks of it. To do it with a driver no less. Oof. I kinda wish it was a video. I have an idea of how it's gonna go but I'd like to see the swing in it's entirety. Lol.

• Haha 1

Goldy’s always been ripped... surprised no one noticed till now. He does look a bit bigger this year though. I hope he gets a legit chance and runs with it. His offensive talent and creativity can turn out to be something special. It might pay off to be extra patient with him, has a great attitude too.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Yeah it's cool that he's shredded, but about that golf swing. He boutta chew the hell outta the grass with that swing from the looks of it. To do it with a driver no less. Oof. I kinda wish it was a video. I have an idea of how it's gonna go but I'd like to see the swing in it's entirety. Lol.

I think he gets his golf lessons from Happy Gilmore based on his form.

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:32 AM, N7Nucks said:

Yeah it's cool that he's shredded, but about that golf swing

Never realized the strain on the neck muscles when swinging the club lol Goldy must really hate golf balls.

Watched the CGY at VAN game last night. It was great to see Canucks hockey again, and I really like the new look unies. From what Bo was saying, he, Goldy and Miller were developing a bit of chemistry during camp, but Goldobin looks like the same player to me. He still lacks grit, even though he might be trying to get his hands dirtier. He's not very strong on the puck, which was an issue for him last year. Maybe it'll take Goldobibn a few games to get into a rhythm?