The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

On 9/13/2019 at 4:18 PM, IRR said:

Holy S***...did he do his training with the Incredible Hulk?! Avengers assemble! Lol! 

I think Green told Goldy to come back this year in better condition, and lighter, so he would be quicker, and able to compete harder without getting too tired.  Looks like Goldy did exactly what the coach wanted.  I sure hope we keep Goldy (who would certainly get claimed) over guys like Loui and Schaller.  

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Alflives said:

@bree2

Who would you rather see the Canucks keep: Loui or Goldy?  For myself it's Goldy 100 times out of 100.  

I don't know, Loui looked pretty good in front of the net, banging in a goal. I will cut Goldy some slack though, because it was just the first preseason game. A lot of players are still getting out the summer rust. He does look more fit, that's for sure.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, bree2 said:

Goldy was ok last night at times. but he disappears a lot during the game , he needs to pick it up a lot

Bo was dog crap too which didn't help, he threw the puck right to flames player at the blue line in a wtf was he thinking moment as a prime example.

NG was wide open a lot at side of net and transitioning around but no one could get him the puck. I did go holy crap when he didn't go for the puck and straight up cross checked the dude like he had decided he was going to play the body no matter what.

20 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I don't know, Loui looked pretty good in front of the net, banging in a goal. I will cut Goldy some slack though, because it was just the first preseason game. A lot of players are still getting out the summer rust. He does look more fit, that's for sure.

I fully expect Eriksson to be gone within a month's time. The org depth has overtaken him. Goldy gets some time but it will be short as well. He cannot be waived so JB likely would deal him. Bottom line is that Vancouver depth will allow Benning to actually make hockey deals. He has to pick up some CAP space if he wants to tweak his lineup going into playoffs. Yes, Canucks will make playoffs IMHO. This is from a well established "tanker" who has to give Benning huge cred. He has moved my CUP contender timeline up to 2 years from 3 - 4. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, reyezone said:

I like your skill but compete seems to just not be in your DNA.

Saved a goal with a sliding backcheck, I'd never thought that was him until Cheech said so.  I think he's pretty focus on playing in his own end but he still misses pretty easy chances.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Zero chemistry with Gaudette from what I saw.

And very little with Bo and Miller. Gaudette is working to hard at the NHL level. He needs to mentally catch up to the game so he can make plays well playing hard. He has been trying to do way to much on his own early on here.

• Upvote 1

Goldy can stick handle around obstacles on the ice all he wants but that won't get him a spot on the Canucks.  Everyone already knows he is very skilled.

Goldy needs to start going to dirty areas and battling guys for pucks. If he continues to NOT do that, he will get waived.

It seems, to me, as though he is close to being waived as it is. His only hope at this point is a regular getting injured in pre season allowing him more time to try to get his s&$# together.

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:18 AM, Tre Mac said:

Zero chemistry with Gaudette from what I saw.

The only player I noticed Goldy having any chemistry with was Pettersson, but highly unlikely he beats Ferland or Baertschi out for that LW spot. Sorry Goldy, you had plenty of chances over the last 2 years. This team is getting real good and they need everyone putting out the same "playoff type" effort.

• Upvote 1

On 9/20/2019 at 3:35 PM, NUCKER67 said:

The only player I noticed Goldy having any chemistry with was Pettersson, but highly unlikely he beats Ferland or Baertschi out for that LW spot. Sorry Goldy, you had plenty of chances over the last 2 years. This team is getting real good and they need everyone putting out the same "playoff type" effort.

doesn't sound promising for Goldobin. I don't think he's going to make the team out of training camp. Maybe he's gotten better, but so has the team overall. He just hasn't had much gains, not ones that would outweigh the rest of the team. It's too bad. One of those examples, of having a ton of talent and skill, but just not being able to put it together. I think Goldobin will have an NHL career in one fashion or another, it just won't be with the Canucks. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/20/2019 at 4:35 PM, NUCKER67 said:

So JV is cut too?

2 hours ago, shad0w4life said:

So JV is cut too?

JV gets claimed if he's put on waivers.  The only option for JB would be to trade Jake.  I don't see that happening though, especially considering the amount of time the team has spent developing him.  Jake is actually a very solid third line NHL player.  I wonder why Green doesn't teach Jake to PK?

• Cheers 1

On 9/20/2019 at 3:35 PM, NUCKER67 said:

Unfortunately, I am forced to agree with you.

He's one of those players that has all the skill in the world to succeed yet doesn;t have the passion or drive to match.

Right now, I can't see any scenario where Goldy sticks anf his opportunities are running low.