The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

2 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Yeah.. I don't know how much longer you hold onto hope. Everyone likes Goldy, he's just not turned out to be what we were hoping for. 

All the best too him, but I just don't see it here. And its not like Travis hasn't given him opportunities. 

Was running out of patience with him at the end of last year and his lack of urgency this preseason, he can start in Utica or someone can claim him. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Upvote 2

On 9/24/2019 at 12:32 AM, -AJ- said:

I really, really, want Goldy to work out, but I don't feel like I've seen enough to really change my feelings on him. IMO, he remains a 13th/AHL forward right now.

Nah AHL waiver claim bound, he's not even good enough for our 13th or 14th fwd spot right now. 

Just now, Rush17 said:

I missed the 2nd and 3rd. Was he really that bad? He looked ok in the first and the start of the 2nd?

He's less than useless without the puck, might as well just go for a bad line change and lacklustre more often than not offensively. Run his course and time to end the Goldy experiment. 

• Haha 1

Just an FYI for anybody still holding out hope for "Goldy" to succeed in Van with Travis Green:

I ran into Nik yesterday afternoon downtown. He was withdrawing $15,000 cash.

Had a brief exchange with him over a couple minutes.

Sense I got was he was already planning on not being in Van to start the year.

Doesn't seem to get on great with Green. Just seemed frustrated and kind of resigned in terms of being on borrowed time as a Canuck.

He still wants to play in the NHL. Russia isn't really his priority right now.

He is a flashy guy, almost a little borderline cocky when you meet him.

I just don't see it working out for him with the Canucks despite his efforts to play a more well rounded game and make better decisions with the puck.

He has struggled with consistency.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Goldobin's time in Vancouver. :picard:

He looked good until willy benched him after scoring his first goal on a breakaway.

Is Willie the reason why? :lol:

Wiillie is the reason for a lot of poor play imo, but he did more to wreck Tryamkins progress than he did Goldy's. 

Goldy does show playmaking skills that is a level above a lot of player on the Canucks...he does make some great passes...points will come and he will score goals.  Unfortunately he seems cursed that the offensive chances aren’t going in.

IMO The Frustrating part is his lazy way he doesn’t attack the other players. This fight to get the puck just isn’t there...he’s quick to give up on his puck pursuit. 

I find it funny that people like the poster above saying he saw Goldy withdrawing money and talked to him for a couple of mins. Like we’re supposed to believe that crap story. Just shut up with your bs. It’s comical.

I was at starbucks the other day and Jimbo was there. I ended up talking too him for about 10 mins. I really wanted to leave but he kept asking me for advice and my opinion on all kinds of hockey topics , I ended up giving him my cell number cuz he wanted too talk more..... yes it’s a true story, don’t you think I’m great.....plz give me likes.....I’m special.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Wiillie is the reason for a lot of poor play imo, but he did more to wreck Tryamkins progress than he did Goldy's. 

There's a reason why he's not coaching in the NHL. 

Even the Kings had to move away from him. lol. couldn't even last a full season with the Kings. 

How bad was he? two of the worse teams in the NHL, he coached, and neither of them wanted him. 

With that being said, I wish him luck wherever he's currently at. 

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Just an FYI for anybody still holding out hope for "Goldy" to succeed in Van with Travis Green:

I ran into Nik yesterday afternoon downtown. He was withdrawing $15,000 cash.

Had a brief exchange with him over a couple minutes.

Sense I got was he was already planning on not being in Van to start the year.

Doesn't seem to get on great with Green. Just seemed frustrated and kind of resigned in terms of being on borrowed time as a Canuck.

He still wants to play in the NHL. Russia isn't really his priority right now.

He is a flashy guy, almost a little borderline cocky when you meet him.

I just don't see it working out for him with the Canucks despite his efforts to play a more well rounded game and make better decisions with the puck.

He has struggled with consistency.

NG will never be the player Travis green wants him to be. 

Goldys seemingly inability to even be effective offensively is due to the restrictions that have been put on him. This looks like lack of confidence but it isn't.

The ONLY way to deal with goldobin is to take the reigns off if him and let him play his game. 

Then, if you really can't handle his defensive deficiencies Travis, then at least NG will have points and some trade value. 

By the way, while all eyes are on guys like Goldy and Jake I submit that this is a big show me year for our coach.!!!

Now that Travis has a legit decent lineup ,  this team had better do well or TG might be the one on the block.  

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

I haven't seen enough from Goldy to warrant making this team. He had probably had one of his better games of the preseason tonight because he didn't make any glaring errors, albeit, he really didn't do much of anything.

I hope he could clear waivers and there's a good chance he does because all the rosters are set for every other team. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

I haven't seen enough from Goldy to warrant making this team. He had probably had one of his better games of the preseason tonight because he didn't make any glaring errors, albeit, he really didn't do much of anything.

I hope he could clear waivers and there's a good chance he does because all the rosters are set for every other team. 

he could really help utica and he could be more desirable with his contract thru waivers. Worse case he helps utica and come to next years camp hungry. Be surprised if no1 claimed him tho. not that his play warrants nhl ice time. Someone will think they can unlock his skill and work ethic lol.

Goldy made some good passes against the Coyotes and one to Graovic should have been a goal except that G has hands of stone.

But overall he continues to be a disappointment.

He has been given a lot of opportunities... he was playing with Petey most of the 3rd period and had flashes... but no points and no goals.

Its a shame he has lost his goal scoring confidence... he popped in 21 goals and 44 points for the San Jose Barracuda one year.

But right now he looks afraid to shoot... he almost always waits till too late the D get their sticks on the shot.

Still has his passing game but that is not enough.