Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

2 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

“preaching patience”

“has to wait his turn” 

“we have to be patient” 

“respect the process”

Feel like this interview is trying to tell us something, but I’m not sure what it is? ;) 

It's our song SID :lol:

• Cheers 1

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/agent-canucks-prospect-nikolay-goldobin-belongs-ahl-right-now/

Vancouver Canucks fans have been enjoying the performances of youngsters like Brock Boeser and Bo Horvat this season, but Nikolay Goldobin, a fellow first-round pick in his early twenties with high upside, has yet to make his season debut with the Canucks. Instead, the 22-year-old has been toiling away in the AHL with the Utica Comets.

Goldobin’s agent, Hockey Hall of Famer Igor Larionov, believes it’s the right place for his client to be at this stage of his career.

“It’s better for him to play now in Utica…instead of sitting in the press box watching [Canucks] games from upstairs,” Larionov, a three-time Stanley Cup champion and two-time Olympic gold medallist, told The Playbook on Sportsnet 650 Friday. “I think for a young kid like that you’ve got to be playing but at the same time I [told him], ‘Just don’t be discouraged. Go out and just do your job, put your smile on, be professional and I think it will work out for you.’”

Goldobin, a 27th-overall pick of the Sharks from 2014, was acquired by the Canucks in February in the trade that sent Jannik Hansen to the San Jose Sharks. He scored three goals in 12 appearances with the Canucks last season but didn’t make the team out of training camp in September.

The Russian leads the Comets with 17 points in 16 games this season, leading some Canucks fans wondering when he might get a shot with the big club.

“It’s all about patience,” Larionov added. “I know the management of the Canucks really likes him. … He’s been doing really well in Utica so hopefully soon he’s going to be a big part of the Vancouver Canucks moving forward.”

27 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

It would be really nice to see Goldy, but if Sutter is out for a while, top scoring winger is not exactly the role that needs to be filled.

Wouldn't hurt. Who else are we going to call up? Chapoo? Call up Goldy and slot him on a line with Granlund and eriksson. Reward him for the way he's been playing of late. If he settles in well, competes and plays well defensively then let the rebuild continue

Baer-Bo-Boeser

Sedins-Virtanen

Goldy-Granlund-Eriksson

Gaunce-Burmistrov-Vanek

9 hours ago, aliboy said:

How's Cole Cassels looking? His game was looking good in preseason before the injury.

After 11 games Cassels has zero goals, one assist and doesn't pass the eye test either.  He is an ECHL player that stays in the AHL because of the Comets lack of center depth and because he was a third round draft choice.  He is in the third year of his ELC and though 124 AHL games he has a total of 8 goals and 19 points.

12 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Wouldn't hurt. Who else are we going to call up? Chapoo? Call up Goldy and slot him on a line with Granlund and eriksson. Reward him for the way he's been playing of late. If he settles in well, competes and plays well defensively then let the rebuild continue

Baer-Bo-Boeser

Sedins-Virtanen

Goldy-Granlund-Eriksson

Gaunce-Burmistrov-Vanek

I really like that you left Gagner out of the lineup as well...someone could put together a 50 event film clip of him entitled "Where the puck goes to die"...

That lineup is the best we have for now....maybe try swapping Jake and Goldy for a few shifts anyway....

1 hour ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

I really like that you left Gagner out of the lineup as well...someone could put together a 50 event film clip of him entitled "Where the puck goes to die"...

That lineup is the best we have for now....maybe try swapping Jake and Goldy for a few shifts anyway....

Or try 

Baer-bo-vanek

Sedins-boeser

Goldy Burm Virt

Granny Gaunce Ericksson

Bo is good with anyone. Baer and Vanek have a click and this keeps line one moving.  

Boeser gets lots of shots with the twins and keeps rolling.  Twins get more space with everyone watching the flow.  

Goldy and Burm get space from Virts speed and possession.  

Granny gaunce and Ericksson can still check and be dangerous on counter attack.  

And yeah.  Still left Gags in the press box.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TGT68 said:

Or try 

Baer-bo-vanek

Sedins-boeser

Goldy Burm Virt

Granny Gaunce Ericksson

Bo is good with anyone. Baer and Vanek have a click and this keeps line one moving.  

Boeser gets lots of shots with the twins and keeps rolling.  Twins get more space with everyone watching the flow.  

Goldy and Burm get space from Virts speed and possession.  

Granny gaunce and Ericksson can still check and be dangerous on counter attack.  

And yeah.  Still left Gags in the press box.  

You would break up the baer bo boeser line and then ice that as your third line? That third line would be torn apart by any team.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

You would break up the baer bo boeser line and then ice that as your third line? That third line would be torn apart by any team.

The way green runs the team the 4th line (sutters normally) is the checking line and gets lots of minutes and the 3rd line rolls out with the least amount of minutes.  But I don't think that line gets torn apart especially if you can make two dangerous lines and solid shutdown line to go with it.  

But I also want Vanek to light it up to maximize our deadline acquisitions.  

Dahlen Pettersson Boesser 

Goldobin Gaudette Lind

Baertchi Horvat Lockwood

Granlund Gaunce Virtanen

Juolevi                    

Stetcher

We need some better D prospects - 

Edited by kenhodgejr

40 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

Dahlen Pettersson Boesser 

Goldobin Gaudette Lind

Baertchi Horvat Lockwood

Granlund Gaunce Virtanen

Juolevi                    

Stetcher

We need some better D prospects - 

You left out Jonah Gadjovich :)

On 11/24/2017 at 10:24 PM, WeneedLumme said:

It would be really nice to see Goldy, but if Sutter is out for a while, top scoring winger is not exactly the role that needs to be filled.

#CanucksNHL_2017_2018_Canucks.png recall Nikolay Goldobin (@NG078) from the @UticaComets.

<_<

Edited by Kushman