The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack MacEwen | #71 | RW

stonecoldstevebernier

On 10/1/2021 at 10:17 AM, CanuckleHorse said:

I hope he takes the next step this year he’s still among my favourite players in the org and wish he could be a important player for us one day.

Well Hoss, I think a year in Abbotsford might do his head a favour, good size and skill set BUT needs honing upstairs, not as bad as JV was/is but still.. 

Talking about toughness in general, to nights featured game will be the opening minutes of the Caps V's Rangers game. The Rangers have really brought in some muscle including Reeves after what Wilson did to Panarin last season. It's going to be old time hockey. When Rangers were caught short with Panarin getting worked over by the much bigger and crazy Tom Wilson, John Davidson and the GM Gorman (sp) were both fired. This is a new look Rangers tonight

Edited by Fred65

4 hours ago, kloubek said:

Sad to see us lose another player to waivers, but Big Mac simply isn't a very good player. I think the days of keeping a guy in the lineup for fighting purposes is generally over 

Mean while in other NHL news Kassian is placed on the IR list, looks better for EP & QH  LOL. Apprently Kassian tried his luck with Gudbranson, bad career move IMO

Edited by Fred65

6 hours ago, kloubek said:

Sad to see us lose another player to waivers, but Big Mac simply isn't a very good player. I think the days of keeping a guy in the lineup for fighting purposes is generally over 

if that is the case, why are teams taking our tough guys?

• Vintage 4

3 hours ago, lmm said:

if that is the case, why are teams taking our tough guys?

In the case of Gadj, I said in another thread I think giving him up was a mistake. I felt he showed enough in camp, and steady improvement over his AHL career. Given the Sharks aren't exactly a great team, they can afford to fill out their depth with players and take the wait and see approach. Zero risk, moderate reward.

For Big Mac, I honestly don't know. Guess some teams can't let go of the old school NHL? Philly of all places seems a logical holdout.

57 minutes ago, kloubek said:

In the case of Gadj, I said in another thread I think giving him up was a mistake. I felt he showed enough in camp, and steady improvement over his AHL career. Given the Sharks aren't exactly a great team, they can afford to fill out their depth with players and take the wait and see approach. Zero risk, moderate reward.

For Big Mac, I honestly don't know. Guess some teams can't let go of the old school NHL? Philly of all places seems a logical holdout.

.idk I just looked up 2 teams at random

they both seem kind of big

i feel if you don't draft big guys you won't have many to choose from

who other than Jake Virtanen  and Tryamkin has Jim drafted that could have added size?

Podkolzin looked pretty good tonight, but he is very young

who did jim draft in drafts #2 through #5 that could potentially fill these big holes? 

New York Islanders 2021 Roster | New York Islanders (nhl.com)

New York Rangers 2021 Roster | New York Rangers (nhl.com)

Edited by lmm
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, kloubek said:

...and?

I never said size wasn't an advantage. I'm just suggesting having a guy who can't do much more than fight isn't great use of a roster spot.

yes but didn't Nic Petan take a roster spot from Gadj or Mac?

the reason we don't have skilled big men is because Jim didn't draft any

• Cheers 1

• 5 weeks later...