The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack MacEwen | #71 | RW

stonecoldstevebernier

25 minutes ago, RecklessReilly said:

Just watched some of the flames game. Makes me sad we left Q and for that matter Guddy behind. Not like the players that replaced them were any better.  

Screw ‘em.  He’s no a Canuck, so why would a true Canuck’s fan care about him?  Be a fan and hate the other teams.  

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

@Hairy Kneelfeel like contributing to a conversation or content on bagging everyone who dared criticize?

Just see a lot dog piling on a rookie trying to make a name for himself. 

He deserved more of a chance than he got. 

Toughness is something really lacking right now. OEL is our answer now? smh

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Upvote 1

Toughness with charisma is even MORE influencing & powerful. Not in the room here(of course), but it appeared to me, guys like Big Mac & Gadj had more than mere muscle. Looked like these two were great team guys, with confidence & determination. These guys lead in Spring, when every inch is a battle.

So just throw 'em into the laundry hamper, eh there GREENER?! Freeken numbskull, kibosh the doofus!

7 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Just see a lot dog piling on a rookie trying to make a name for himself. 

He deserved more of a chance than he got. 

Toughness is something really lacking right now. OEL is our answer now? smh

He joined the team in the 18-19 season. He had every opportunity this year to show himself. In my opinion he didn't look good at all in preseason. Even playing poorly, he was bumped up to the 2nd line and played a game with Bo, where he again didn't play well. Yes he was tough, but he didn't earn his spot on the team. Simple as that.

But as least you're saying something now instead of a simple scorched earth reaction on anyone who called it how they saw it weeks and weeks after the original posts.

7 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

He joined the team in the 18-19 season. He had every opportunity this year to show himself. In my opinion he didn't look good at all in preseason. Even playing poorly, he was bumped up to the 2nd line and played a game with Bo, where he again didn't play well. Yes he was tough, but he didn't earn his spot on the team. Simple as that.

But as least you're saying something now instead of a simple scorched earth reaction on anyone who called it how they saw it weeks and weeks after the original posts.

Never saw him as a top 6 at all. I saw him eventually developing into a 4th line checker with Dorsett potential. 

OEL standing up for young guys. 

Not his role. 

Hiding Chiasson on the 4th line takes away from much needed role players. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Never saw him as a top 6 at all. I saw him eventually developing into a 4th line checker with Dorsett potential. 

OEL standing up for young guys. 

Not his role. 

Hiding Chiasson on the 4th line takes away from much needed role players. 

It hurts to see Mac and Gadj playing for other teams. As an org you commit to developing players and then they slip away. Signing Chiasson screams of management willing to sacrifice their AHL development for a somewhat dubious playoff bid. I say dubious because I still think this club is developing. Playoffs would have been a nice bonus for a years work but not critical. IMHO the club had a line up that could have made playoffs with Abby providing reinforcements when needed. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Toughness with charisma is even MORE influencing & powerful. Not in the room here(of course), but it appeared to me, guys like Big Mac & Gadj had more than mere muscle. Looked like these two were great team guys, with confidence & determination. These guys lead in Spring, when every inch is a battle.

So just throw 'em into the laundry hamper, eh there GREENER?! Freeken numbskull, kibosh the doofus!

They probably had more influence in the locker room than Green. He didn’t like it so they were gone, just my opinion.

• Vintage 1

50 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

It hurts to see Mac and Gadj playing for other teams. As an org you commit to developing players and then they slip away. Signing Chiasson screams of management willing to sacrifice their AHL development for a somewhat dubious playoff bid. I say dubious because I still think this club is developing. Playoffs would have been a nice bonus for a years work but not critical. IMHO the club had a line up that could have made playoffs with Abby providing reinforcements when needed. 

Yes. Chiasson taking a spot from a much needed role player is negative management. Highmore too. The 4th line has beed abused this way, hiding basically waiver wire type players to bolster the top 3 lines or the pp. Dubious is the right word. 

Highmore 7 goals in 97 NHL games. 

On 10/12/2021 at 5:09 PM, Shayster007 said:

Why? From my eye test I thought Mac was mediocre this preseason. For a guy fighting for one of the last spots on the roster I don't think he did nearly enough to hold that spot.

Bingo. 

AND he did not earn a spot on the Canucks during camp and he was mediocre at best last year.

AND he is gone, not part of our team. 

spilt milk

12 minutes ago, Ajax- said:

Bingo. 

AND he did not earn a spot on the Canucks during camp and he was mediocre at best last year.

AND he is gone, not part of our team. 

spilt milk

He didn't earn it at all. For a young guy coming in trying to earn a spot on the team, it's his job to force his way onto the team. Chaisson hasn't looked great, but at least in his games he has produced on the pp, something that is one of this teams biggest weaknesses. Management defaulting to a veteran player who fills a team weakness and did come in and force his way on to the team, makes sense over a young player who didn't do anything besides a fight to prove he earned a spot. It's a shame he was picked up, because I would have been fine with him having a call up from Abby with how this season has gone, but I'm not losing sleep over a guy who didn't show well enough to force his way on to the team.

3 hours ago, Shayster007 said:

He didn't earn it at all. For a young guy coming in trying to earn a spot on the team, it's his job to force his way onto the team. Chaisson hasn't looked great, but at least in his games he has produced on the pp, something that is one of this teams biggest weaknesses. Management defaulting to a veteran player who fills a team weakness and did come in and force his way on to the team, makes sense over a young player who didn't do anything besides a fight to prove he earned a spot. It's a shame he was picked up, because I would have been fine with him having a call up from Abby with how this season has gone, but I'm not losing sleep over a guy who didn't show well enough to force his way on to the team.

?? That is what I said.

He did not earn a spot in training camp and last year was mediocre at best

And people need to move on and get over loosing a fringe 4th liner

Edited by Ajax-

1 minute ago, Steven Stamkos said:

Even though we won last night it was sad seeing our team get bullied around. Would 100% have Zack on our team instead of Chiasson.

I liked Zac, but he wouldn't deter WPG from their physical game, thats what they do night in and night out.

For sure we need to bulk up a bit tho, but Montreal who's even less physical than us took them down. 

• Vintage 1