The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack MacEwen | #71 | RW

stonecoldstevebernier

Ok so warrented suspension here. Not really an intent to injury , 1 game .....fine. Does the DOPS investigate video of players attempting to injure but seem to evade any on ice officials eyes? Mcdavid has attempted/connected with how many elbows to the heads of varied players over the last month alone. 2 attempts to injure  habs players in 2 games. We all see him look around after he does it to see if he got caught, that to me says , intent . Video of this type of abuse should be examined and the guilty punished accordingly. 

37 minutes ago, Alflives said:

A fine was more appropriate.  Really like Big Mac’s game the last while though.  He’s playing big, and with nastiness.  

Welcome back to CDC Alf.

I may not always agree on some of what you post but I like your take on a lot of the players

On 5/8/2021 at 7:10 AM, Alflives said:

A fine was more appropriate.  Really like Big Mac’s game the last while though.  He’s playing big, and with nastiness.  

Ditto, hope to see him play more but he is not one of the Staffs more trustworthy players.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 1

On 5/8/2021 at 7:10 AM, Alflives said:

Hey Alf, first time I have seen you in quite awhile.  Good to have you back around. B)

• Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

With Roussel being dealt, Ferland LTIR retiring, and Gadjovich likely not quite ready for a spot, and the lack of right handed forwards up front.; it appears like the door of opportunity has swung wide open again for Zack MacEwen. 

No one on the team has the size and physical push back like Mac does. Our team has greatly improved its skill and speed, but upfront lacks a lot of physical pushback. Miller can but we dont want him to do that, Garland has bite but he isn't a punishing guy, and its too much to put that responsibility on Vasili Podkolzin. MacEwen seemed to bounce in and out of the lineup, but this would be a massive opportunity for him to seize a spot on the right side likely beside Motte and Sutter. 

I agree team has improved but we don't have anyone that can play MacEwen 6'3, 215, speed and he can fight..We will need him on 4th line in every game...Big Gadjovich 6'2, 210 can play with grit and tough edge....

2 minutes ago, wildcam said:

I agree team has improved but we don't have anyone that can play MacEwen 6'3, 215, speed and he can fight..We will need him on 4th line in every game...Big Gadjovich 6'2, 210 can play with grit and tough edge....

Maybe we keep Gads, and Mac around to play as our fourth line some nights?  

Theres going to be some fighting for jobs.  

6 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

With Roussel being dealt, Ferland LTIR retiring, and Gadjovich likely not quite ready for a spot, and the lack of right handed forwards up front.; it appears like the door of opportunity has swung wide open again for Zack MacEwen. 

No one on the team has the size and physical push back like Mac does. Our team has greatly improved its skill and speed, but upfront lacks a lot of physical pushback. Miller can but we dont want him to do that, Garland has bite but he isn't a punishing guy, and its too much to put that responsibility on Vasili Podkolzin. MacEwen seemed to bounce in and out of the lineup, but this would be a massive opportunity for him to seize a spot on the right side likely beside Motte and Sutter. 

MacEwen should be given a chance to get a permanent spot on the team. He's as tough as they come. The way he handled Forbort was awesome. He can skate and score as well. I'd hope that he and Gadjovich become Sutter's linemates this fall. The team will need someone to help handle the rough stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

MacEwen should be given a chance to get a permanent spot on the team. He's as tough as they come. The way he handled Forbort was awesome. He can skate and score as well. I'd hope that he and Gadjovich become Sutter's linemates this fall. The team will need someone to help handle the rough stuff. 

Agree. We need size and truculence. Top nine is pretty nifty but also pretty small.  4th line needs to add some heft to the lineup. Motte is great but I wonder if we'd be better with the bigger lineup on the 4th? Maybe he and mac and perhaps Gadj rotate.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Agree. We need size and truculence. Top nine is pretty nifty but also pretty small.  4th line needs to add some heft to the lineup. Motte is great but I wonder if we'd be better with the bigger lineup on the 4th? Maybe he and mac and perhaps Gadj rotate.

Motte plays bigger than his size, however, he does get injured often because he's punching up a few weight classes in many situations. His work on the PK is his forte, so I don't see Green rotating him in and out if he's healthy. Some bigger guys on the fourth line are a good idea. Consistency is also a good idea.

4 hours ago, logic said:

Like to see Mac Highmore and Bailey as 4th line RW depending on what we're matching up against

Bailey when its Calgary -  needs some closure on Lucic,  and Edmonton ... only guy that can skate with MacDavid

Highmore when against Chicago .. head to head with Gaudette's line

MacEwen for the rest of the games (except when he sits so that Green can give Klimovich a look)

11 hours ago, wildcam said:

Question is if Gadjovich can keep up in the league with his skating. 

• Like 1