The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Willie Desjardins

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

yup, look at Torts, Sullivan, and Galantz all doing well after leaving here.  The roster stinks more than the Surrey city dumpsite. 

To be fair, two of those were assistant coaches under a (now somewhat reformed) lunatic and a stubborn coach respectively. Neither had the same role here.

1 hour ago, Gloku said:

Media: "So Trevor are you going to let willie go?"

Trevor: "We do a full assessment at the end of the season on our personnel like we always do"

Lmao dat was quick

Trevor is getting "real good" at lying to his customers no?

3 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

:lol: you're in good form today.

The organization needed this, whether anyone thinks its fair or not. Willie was brought in as a transition, and thats what he was. He made it 3/4 of the way and got to do his dream job, and maybe a bit more of it elsewhere. No one should be upset.

You're whiffing on the subject matter s'all.

We were talking about Green - who wallstreet has already reduced to WD.  Which is why I've already aborted the useless 'conversation'/story.

8 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

I think we all saw the Sedins' demeanor after the TDL this year -- they were pretty somber at losing Burrows and Hansen.  But the last week or two they seemed to snap out of it.  Henrik has been pretty cordial and even straight-forward in admitting that he and Daniel let the team down this year.  Maybe they were even pleased (likely) knowing that there'd be a coaching change.

In a way this change may be at the right time in the transition.  The leadership is clearly moving to Bo and the kids, so the new coach coming in won't have to rely on the Sedins to be the ones not only leading the team but providing the offense and keying the culture, as Willie had to out of necessity but probably hung on too long.  This is a big opportunity to turn that corner and flip-the-switch to the youth and the new culture, with the Sedins now as secondary support players.

In 2 or 3 games the Twins have come to life playing with Goldobrin.. perhaps those 3 team up as the 2nd or 3rd line next year, and let Goldy get the pp time before the Sedins do.

Save the twins minutes to eat up the clock when needed.

2 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Wasn't expecting it to be this fast. As a person, I feel bad for the guy. Willie was only doing his job. But as a hockey fan, I'm happy to see him go. Sure, his development of the younger players will be felt in the coming years, but it was his deployment of players that I hated the most. Why did Chaput or Megna deserve time with the Sedins over Boeser, Goldy, Eriksson, and Hansen? 

Hansen was injured, then traded

Erikson didn't work out

Goldy can't play defense yet, and the twins need d help at this stage of their career

Boeser is being matched up with the  number one line of the future Horvat Baertschi and Boeser.

doesn't leave many choices.

Just now, oldnews said:

You're whiffing on the subject matter s'all.

We were talking about Green - who wallstreet has already reduced to WD.  Which is why I've already aborted the useless 'conversation'/story.

What does Green bring specifically that makes him the best coach available?

I don't think staying with our AHL team qualifies as reason enough. If someone wanted him for an NHL job before now he would already be long gone. 

4 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

If there's one thing I know about you, it's that you think your opinion is the only one that matters. And that's cool I still respect that you have a different opinion without the holier than thou attitude you can't help but bring in any response to me. 

You're as stubborn as Willie wallstreet.  Maybe moreso.  You've already written off Green as if he's responsible for Desjardins or is the mere equivalent.

Forgive me if I see no point in continuing a discussion with you.

47 minutes ago, chickenman92 said:

The obvious move...

Danny and Hank retire to become co-head coaches.

Why didn''t I think of that ...player coaches the first year to save Aquaman money until we hit the playoffs again....one things for sure with Sedins having Edler on the powerplay so much...killing it every 2nd time he touched the puck....there is no way he get's 24 min./game with them as coaches.

....as long as they only play themselves on the 2nd unit PP and O end draws with Boeser winning the draw for them and sniping the goal of course.:lol:

Just now, oldnews said:

You're as stubborn as Willie wallstreet.  Maybe moreso.  You've already written off Green as if he's responsible for Desjardins or is the mere equivalent.

Forgive me if I see no point in continuing a discussion with you.

I am just interested to hear why among all the options available you believe Green is the best choice. 

He coaches a similar on ice style to Desjardins, relies on the same type of players as his go to guys, and has the same hard work matters more than skill type coaching philosophy. 

He us not an upgrade over Desjardins which really should be the only reason you ever fire any coach.

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

What does Green bring specifically that makes him the best coach available?

I don't think staying with our AHL team qualifies as reason enough.

Again, here's a perfect example of why I don't value 'discussions' with you.  This is your other favorite flavour - straw - reduction. 

I simply can't be bothered.

Good day.

10 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Trevor is getting "real good" at lying to his customers no?

Not really a "lie"....lying would have been a "no".

Again, in line with my last comment...what would you expect him to say?  "Yep, sure are".

It's part of the gig...to give information without really giving information.

Archived