The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Litmus test- Tanev deal

15 hours ago, Pears said:

Our defense without Tanev 

Edler - Stecher

Hutton - Gudbranson

Pedan/Juolevi - Biega

That's why Tanev has such a high price tag on him. 

If we trade Tanev we will go out and sign a Vet d man, I am positive on that

14 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

No, he's not. He's a winger. We have wingers, we need another centre to complement Horvat. 

So if we can land Drouin then we use some of our other wingers in trade to land #1 center

17 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

Oh I have no doubt about that, I'm just bringing up a very valid reason as to why Tanev should have a very high price tag. 

28 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

Our best options would likely be 34 year old's like Dennis Wideman and Zbynek Michalek, or overpaid underachievers in Kulikov or Franson (keep in mind that Tanev's a right-side man).  Shattenkirk would be a pipe dream but we'd have to break the bank, and he probably wouldn't want to sign on a rebuilding team.  We'd also be only a couple of injuries away from having Biega (if he's even still around) and Jordan Subban in our top-4 D-men on the right side (provided Sbisa gets picked by L.V.).  After losing Tree, I question whether the team would really want to move Chris anymore.   

5 hours ago, Pears said:

Oh I have no doubt about that, I'm just bringing up a very valid reason as to why Tanev should have a very high price tag. 

I agree but we don't want to waist his value, if theres a deal there that makes our team better and makes sense then JB needs to jump on it

5 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Our best options would likely be 34 year old's like Dennis Wideman and Zbynek Michalek, or overpaid underachievers in Kulikov or Franson (keep in mind that Tanev's a right-side man).  Shattenkirk would be a pipe dream but we'd have to break the bank, and he probably wouldn't want to sign on a rebuilding team.  We'd also be only a couple of injuries away from having Biega (if he's even still around) and Jordan Subban in our top-4 D-men on the right side (provided Sbisa gets picked by L.V.).  After losing Tree, I question whether the team would really want to move Chris anymore.   

One of Tanev or Edler has to go to continue the rebuild and Tanev has the chance to get the most return, that being said all we would need is a journeyman d man to fill a hole until OJ is ready

With Tanev traded this year and Tryamkin gone... Thats way to much Edler. I hope (bar anything unbelievable) they keep Tanev at least until the Trade deadline  and get a 2018 1st. If  the leafs can repeat this years regular season you can bet we wouldn't be "adding" to get what we want because he's what they need. Plus 1 more year of consistancy on the back end might be what helps push  Hutty and Tony over the top. Best case scenario is JB talks to Eddy and Eddy says "Ya i'd like the weather in florida", or "the night life of NY".

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:38 PM, khay said:

I didn't realize Tanev was on the block...

He isn't. Jason Bitchturd wrote an article in the Province and it's taken on a life of it's own here. That clown really knows how to take full advantage of idle Canucks fans.

Archived