The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ECF: (M2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (A2) Ottawa Senators | Penguins win series 4-3

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 3  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Penguins in 4
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7
    • Senators in 4
    • Senators in 5
    • Senators in 6
    • Senators in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

just win next game, and see what happens.

oils beat dux 7-1 then lost the next game.

they have to get to Murray for sure. 

Sens need to score the first goal next game, and Anderson needs to play better.

14 minutes ago, Zhukini said:

Watching the most boring team in the playoffs since the 2012 kings get their asses handed to them 

Sens have been involved in a few dramatic comeback wins. Their games aren't all 1-0, 2-1.

They're hardly a boring team. Frustrating for sure, but not boring.

The Sens really need Captain Canada to make a come back for game 6.

When Captain Canada was in, Crosby didn't get a sniff of success.

Hoping for some vintage Burr come game 6. No gamer bet than him when it comes to the clutch.

12 minutes ago, apollo said:

The Sens really need Captain Canada to make a come back for game 6.

When Captain Canada was in, Crosby didn't get a sniff of success.

Hoping for some vintage Burr come game 6. No gamer bet than him when it comes to the clutch.

Boucher said today that it's not likely that Burrows will be able to play in game 6.

5 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

Should move to Quebec City.  A Canadian team not selling out conference finals is a disgrace.  

it doesn't help that the arena is a 1 hour bus ride from downtown to the middle of nowhere... very stupid placement. There's literally nothing nearby except maybe a Costco. 

8 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

it doesn't help that the arena is a 1 hour bus ride from downtown to the middle of nowhere... very stupid placement. There's literally nothing nearby except maybe a Costco. 

This is what I hear from Senators fans in Ontario. Why they would place the arena in bf nowhere is beyond me. That would be akin to the Canucks playing in Mission.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

This is what I hear from Senators fans in Ontario. Why they would place the arena in bf nowhere is beyond me. That would be akin to the Canucks playing in Mission.

I drove by it on a cross country road trip a while back, and its stunning how stupidly its placed. Someone got a brown bag of cash somewhere along the line for that one. 

39 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Put it in Mission, ban all Vancouver residents from attending, and it would still sell out if the Canucks were in the Conference finals.

The biggest problem for the Sens is that they are right in the middle of Toronto and Montreal and they have had little to no success converting Leafs fans and Habs fans in the city to support the team. The current fan base of the Sens is quite young and most cannot afford to shell out the money to pay for the obscenely priced tickets. The older generation of hockey fans who can afford to go to the games are diehards who will not abandon their loyalty to the Leafs/Habs. It doesn't help that the owner is a narcissistic jackass and a skinflint. Even if you are a Sens fans what motivation is there to give to an owner that does not put any money into the team. The Sens are a joke in Ottawa

1 hour ago, S'all Good Man said:

That's what I hear, but..

1. Costco is awesome

2. This isn't preseason, this is conference finals.  You can't find enough people willing to drive to a conference finals game?  

Archived