The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) VANCOUVER-TAMPA BAY

After reading Morrisex's amusing proposal for Drouin, I thought I'd post a more reasonable deal for the Canucks to get Drouin. 

To Tampa Bay:

Tanev 

Baertschi

To Vancouver: 

Drouin

Callahan (Contract dump)

Brett Howden OR their 2017 1st Rd pk. 

Its basically Tanev and Baertschi for Drouin, and Howden or the 1st is their reward for taking on the Callahan contract. 

The reason that Tanev for Drouin would need a sweetener like Baertschi is cause in the 1 for 1 Larsen for Hall trade, EDM got a much younger Dman with high first Rd pick pedigree. When healthy, Tanev is an extremely valuable player, especially for a contender like the Lightning...but he's been banged up a lot in the past few years, and I like him, but I think he's overvalued a bit here in on CDC when it comes to trade proposals.

. Baertschi would be a nice addition to TB as well. A young burgeoning fwd with no attitude issues who could step into their line up with no problems and could help them win now.   

Canucks would get a Top line LW, and a good veteran in callahan for the next few years to mentor the young core and who could be a nice trade chip when his contract is set to expire in 3yrs. Plus they'd get a solid prospect in Howden (6'3 C - late 1st rounder last year) who got a taste of the AHL this year and had an impressive 5 game audition (3G 1A). 

Thoughts?

Talk about beating a dead horse.

Not going to lie, I was a bit under the influence when I posted that thread. Not an excuse, just saying. 

Perhaps it would be better if instead of taking a shot at me you work on maybe making more realistic proposals.

Huge overpayment by Tampa here. 

23 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

Not going to lie, I was a bit under the influence when I posted that thread. Not an excuse, just saying. 

Perhaps it would be better if instead of taking a shot at me you work on maybe making more realistic proposals.

More realistic proposals???  Hahaha. Says the guy who, I don't care how drunk you were, proposed that the Canucks gut their suddenly improved prospect pool for one player. 

"Perhaps it would be better if instead of taking a shot at me," you should take time to sober up next time instead of making the mistake of drunk posting such a ridiculous trade proposal. 

11 minutes ago, Pears said:

I don't necessarily want to trade Baertschi but the overall value isn't bad. I said in another thread I think Drouin could be had for Tanev straight up. 

Neither do I. Just a "gotta give to get".

I would think TB values Drouin more than just for Tanev straight up. Baertschi would be a good replacement on LW,...cheap, same age as Drouin, and wouldn't be a problem off the ice in terms of having a me first attitude and getting a big head with regards to thinking he's sh!t hot. 

I think we'd be looking at a deal that's a little more streamlined...

to Tampa

Tanev

Baertschi

To Vancouver

Drouin 

Then use our pick to swipe up one of Vilardi/Glass/Mittelstadt

In a few years

Drouin- Glass/Mittelstadt/Vilardi- Boeser

Dahlen- Horvat- Granlund/Goldobin

Yes please...

1 hour ago, morrissex95 said:

The value is pretty close. Van gets Drouin+ while Tampa gets Tanev Baertschi and cap relief.  Pretty close.  Waaayyyyy closer than yours lol

2 hours ago, DinoTambo said:

More realistic proposals???  Hahaha. Says the guy who, I don't care how drunk you were, proposed that the Canucks gut their suddenly improved prospect pool for one player. 

"Perhaps it would be better if instead of taking a shot at me," you should take time to sober up next time instead of making the mistake of drunk posting such a ridiculous trade proposal. 

Gently remove the stick from your anal cavity... it's a trade proposal on a hockey forum

Yeah it's all just guessing as to how a GM will value each piece, but I think Tampa is the most intriguing possible trade partner.

They have a lot of pieces I'd like to grab, whether its Drouin, Howden, Raddysh, their 1st round pick, etc.

Heck, they even have 2 mid 2nd round picks begging to be taken away from them.

I really hope Jim is talking with them - there are a lot of possibilities for a trade there.

8 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

You are the last person right now that should be telling people to make more realistic proposals. I'd give you a negative on this comment but I already used it on you in your own proposal

I believe Baerstchi could be attractive to the Lightning, because of that cap hit for next year.  Also with the talented forward group they have I think Baertschi would fit in well on any top 9 line.

With that said if Tampa loses Drouin, I doubt they would be willing to part with another 1st rounder.  Maybe for a 2nd or 3rd or lesser prospect than Howden.

TB are definite contenders, so I'm sure they would love to have Tanev, but I don't think they would be willing to give up an elite scorer like Drouin.  Adding other players doesn't help, as TB are already going to have trouble protecting players from the ED.

Throwing in NMC Callahan is mere speculation on whether he would waive to join a rebuilding team like Van.

So... Tavev to TB

14th overall + Brett Howden to Van

Archived